Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: 2017 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 150713 times)

milo

• Old Timer

I agree that this thread should be for actual river condition and fishing report. Is it possible to have a separate thread for posts not related to the title of this thread? That way those who want to only look for river fishing condition update will not have to browse through numerous posts to get the info they need, and that those who wants to talk about other stuffs can be happy to chat all day.

It's the only thread that is bloody alive on this forum. And it is the bitchin', whinin' and moanin' that keeps it on live support.

Need river conditions? Go check the river out yourselves, you lazy entitled millennial bums! Always waiting for someone else to do what is yours to do.  ;D ;D ;D :P

River is too LOW. It is unethical to target salmon concentrated in deeper pools because they have nowhere to go. Better stay home and wait for the rain than fish with those beaks snagging salmon in deep pools.

Dave

• Old Timer

I was just at the KWB, lots of fish being caught and killed.  Water conditions are perfect for the mouth breathers fence posted there.

cammer

• I'm a llama!

So now it's unethical to fish for salmon in deep pools?? Milo your comments keep getting better and better,   lololol,,,snagging is illegal, ,flossing is unethical but getting fish to bite on roe in deep pools now should be banned?? I guess all trout fishing should be shut down too, no rain so shut down those long.leader Lake fishermen...seems pretty stupid to say that hey? Just like your comments

milo

• Old Timer

So now it's unethical to fish for salmon in deep pools?? Milo your comments keep getting better and better,   lololol,,,snagging is illegal, ,flossing is unethical but getting fish to bite on roe in deep pools now should be banned?? I guess all trout fishing should be shut down too, no rain so shut down those long.leader Lake fishermen...seems pretty stupid to say that hey? Just like your comments

I am just trying to get rises from willing takers like you, cammer.  :P There's always a few willing cruisers in this FWR pond. ;D
And no, it is not unethical to fish for salmon in deep pools. It is just a matter of choice. Anglers who hold themselves to higher standards will give the fish a break when they suffer due to extremely low water levels. Or at least they will fish in an ethical manner, getting the fish to actually bite.
What IS unethical is to set the hook at the end of every cast, sometimes several times during the same drift, hoping to snag one. Something that too many people are doing in spots such as the KWB. >:(

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:36:03 PM by milo »

milo

• Old Timer

...double post

cammer

• I'm a llama!

I prefer the name BS detection unit, and it seems to go off lots with some of your statements, you say crap and then immediately back pedal etc. I'd suggest to think b4 hitting send milo

milo

• Old Timer

I prefer the name BS detection unit, and it seems to go off lots with some of your statements, you say crap and then immediately back pedal etc. I'd suggest to think b4 hitting send milo

I really don't give a rat's arse what you think, cammer. LOL!

Don't you see that you are among the few sore ones who just keep replying to my threads, singling yourselves out in the process?
I must be hitting a sore nerve somewhere deep within, eh?  ;D

Man, this Internet chit is fun, especially when work is slow.  :)

cammer

• I'm a llama!

Milo's statements in the last while... vedder shmedder, you can find Springs in a whole bunch of river systems in July in.the lower mainland "".   I just get my sockeye from a native buddy(food and ceremonial sold fish) .... fishing in pools is unethical cause there are salmon there....      so these statements are from your mouth but I guess we should just take this all as a troll so u try to get people to react?? Hmm? A troll everyone. Enjoy his comments from.now as as only trolls

milo

• Old Timer

Milo's statements in the last while... vedder shmedder, you can find Springs in a whole bunch of river systems in July in.the lower mainland "".   I just get my sockeye from a native buddy(food and ceremonial sold fish) .... fishing in pools is unethical cause there are salmon there....      so these statements are from your mouth but I guess we should just take this all as a troll so u try to get people to react?? Hmm? A troll everyone. Enjoy his comments from.now as as only trolls
You make me feel like a best-seller writer, cammer. Quotes (however inaccurate or taken out of context) and everything. Thanks for that. Wow!
I have to start watching what I say on this Internet thingy. Some people take it far too literally. :o

Dave

• Old Timer

Guys, get a room ;D

Aki

Steelhawk, I was at the river almost at first light. Bite was quiet. I hooked into the fish between 10 and 11am in an area with a little less pressure in a large pool about 3 to 4 feet deep...slow and clear so very light presentation was required...5mm red bead with number 4 hook and 8 lb leader...something a little different...

bobby b

I was at the river almost at first light. Bite was quiet. I hooked into the fish between 10 and 11am in an area with a little less pressure in a large pool about 3 to 4 feet deep...slow and clear so very light presentation was required...5mm red bead with number 4 hook and 8 lb leader...something a little different...

\m/

Jk47

Haven't been frequenting the site so much lately b/c I was sick of hearing all the b/s plus other things. As has been said get a room. What has happened to our beloved sport?
-Went to mid river the other day and hiked around and fished runs all by myself without another angler to be seen all day. Couldn't find coho but was easy to get into several pinks on my 8 wt. as they were everywhere. None in the back, fin or belly.  Stopped at KWB on way home to take a picture and you really just have to ask yourself "WHYYYYY??"

Tangles

Not KWB, almost alone, found a nice pool and fished it with roe  :o .....20 pounder, first light. Then small 4lb jack at around 9:30 as a good surprise as I was ready to pack in, then off for a stroll, break and head home - overall great day on the lowest Vedder I've ever seen. On the way back noticed DFO was hard at work which is always nice to see.
Can't wait for the rain.

spoiler

I drive over KWB every morning and afternoon for work. It just blows me away to see so many cars there! I can imagine there things going on there that are not above board. I think they should park a DFO enforcement officer there every day, all day. I bet he could pay his wages and then some writing tickets and maybe earn enough money to get more enforcement on that system which is sorely lacking.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30