Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18  (Read 72340 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 08:59:40 PM »

I hear paper bags (extra large) are also on sale. Thought I saw Chris there stocking up. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »

Been on the road, hunting for a week, getting ready for the first win tomorrow night. Will have to rent a room tomorrow night in Merritt to see the game. -5 last night, it is hockey weather. The Cup is ours. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »

Hunting for a goalie, a defenceman ?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 01:55:50 PM »

Hunting for a goalie, a defenceman ?
;D
Chris is walking in nature / wilderness ( as he says "hunting" ) to calm his nerves.
He knows management can kick the can down the road only so long till there are just no more excuses for not getting the Cup or at the very least getting into the finals.
Leaf fans are so so hopeful this season as they believe the 1017/18 Leafs are going to have a great season.
Even one Leaf fan highiked from Quebec of all places to Winnipeg for their 1st game. ( 7 rides )
After the 7th ride which took him to the outskirts of the city he decided to call a taxi & the driver gave him a earful of the improved Winnipeg team.
It's like a horse race to the finish line & there will be only 1 winner.
1st winners are the play offs & the major winner is the Stanley Cup.
2 seasons really. The long haul to get a play off spot & the long haul to win the Cup.
After 20 games we fans will see the smiles or the frowns coming over the management,players,sports media, & we the $ paying fans. Sort the real teams from the hope so's ( Hope so's will be in SOS mode )
Will Chris have a frown or smile after 20 games?
Will FA & myself have frowns or smiles after 20 games.
Easy for the new coach for the Canucks.
If the Leafs win tonight or lose all coach Green has to say to his players " do or do not do what the Leafs did" .
Life is so simple.
Chris please stay in your motel room after the game.
( if he goes into the bar after the loss he may possibly start a riot  )

arimaBOATER

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 02:04:57 PM »

Oh Chris it was 39 F for last night's low here in Richmond.
What's that in C ?  3-4 C or something...
Yes your right it's hockey temps.
Mind you in finals it's 23-25 C Boo. Not hockey weather that's for sure.
Hockey season should be ended by mid April.
Get only 8 teams into play offs.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 07:41:53 PM »

Came down from the Mountain today in time to watch the Leafs outclass the Jets 7 -2 who were as cool as it was in the mountains last night, - 10.

Was a good day on the hunt with as many grouse taken as goals scored tonight by both teams. I of course rented a room in Merritt to watch us begin our march to the Cup, the team looks so solid, better than I thought. By the way the grouse are far better for us to consume than some farmed chicken I would say, maybe as bad as farmed Salmon that Dave and that chap from Kamloops like to eat. ;D ;D ;D

FA will get an early start on his beer after tonight I am sure. :-\

Also I purchased a Pavel Bure Panther jersey today with his name on and number on it. I wonder what it would be worth as I purchased for only a few dollars. ;D ;D

Back home tomorrow to get ready for the Wild Salmon Caravan as we travel from Vancouver to Chase following the sockeye home, wonder how many we will see that made it this year.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »

Thank The Lord FA does not like red wine. ( do not have to give him any ...he may be thirsty after that big Leaf win. )
The Leafs took a page right out of M Ali Cassius Clay fight plan.  The Rope "a" Dope.
Leafs took 3-4 penalties on purpose so the Jets would get frustrated by the many failed scoring chances...only then to multiply the pressure on Mason the Winnipeg's goalie playing his 1st game on his new team.
Sure enough 3 goals in 5 minutes...another goal in the 2nd.
Had no more time to watch so via Chris's post it was a 7-2 final.
Did Mason play in the 3 rd period or did the coach put in the back up ?
If Mason played the whole game & let in 7 goals wow that is a terrible start for him.
Well the Leafs looked very good but what if the Jets scored early in the 1st on those many chances?
Jets just shot the puck but did not send in men to crowd the net?
Where was the screen & extra man to deflect or knock in rebounds ?
Bad day in the office for Jets & very good day for Leafs.
Leafs have a goalie now that reminded me of Brodeur in his prime for the New Jersey Devils.
 (Leafs looked very good but can they keep it up?)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2017, 09:00:39 PM »

FAKE NEWS. Overrated. Believe me they're overrated. Beating a team that missed the playoffs for years is a big achievement.  ;) Think I'll have a cofefe instead of A-BOATER'S red wine.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2017, 11:13:48 PM »

Canucks win, Canucks win. The Cup is ours. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 10:54:37 PM »

Another nice point in the pocket. Rolling up the points :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 11:57:17 PM »

Another nice point in the pocket. Rolling up the points :)
Canucks have only played two games in a week since the NHL season started.
3 of out 4 possible pts.
Wish our goalie did not try those diving belly flop save attempts. He's let in a goal like that in each game.
Luongo also had that flaw...dive forward belly flop save attempt.
Over all Markstrom has play decent.
( Toronto playing very well shhhhhhhh! Quiet. )
How about the Vegas Golden Knights.
& the goalie they got from Pens is playing great. He has won them some of the games. Stood on his head. Hope he can keep it up because Fleury can suddenly go cold & play really bad. Let in 4-5 goals.
Maybe Being on a new team he will stay energized & stay focused. ( knights & leaves shhhhh...quiet )

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 08:35:26 PM »

Chris is really into his wine tonight. Leaves lose 6-3 including surrendering a short handed goal when New Jersey was 2 man short. Tough to be a Leaf fan.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 09:11:44 PM »

Chris is really into his wine tonight. Leaves lose 6-3 including surrendering a short handed goal when New Jersey was 2 man short. Tough to be a Leaf fan.
Leafs had a two man advantage you say & they allow a goal.
They must of caught the same virus the BC Lions caught a few weeks ago.
Have a feeling it's "light's out for the leaves" & it will be like 2 losses & 1 win average.
Chris can borrow some of my wine after hours.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2017, 12:41:17 PM »

Got to see the Leafs beat the Habs on Saturday while in Chase on the Wild Salmon Caravan with the player of the year getting the winner. Had my new Leaf jersey on too. Will watch the next 2 games in Merritt and as well the Chilliwack Chiefs against Merritt on Wednesday too. Even when on the road the Leafs are too good to miss.

Up in the mountains the popular leaves are falling but not Canada's team. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »

Got to see the Leafs beat the Habs on Saturday while in Chase on the Wild Salmon Caravan with the player of the year getting the winner. Had my new Leaf jersey on too. Will watch the next 2 games in Merritt and as well the Chilliwack Chiefs against Merritt on Wednesday too. Even when on the road the Leafs are too good to miss.

Up in the mountains the popular leaves are falling but not Canada's team. ;D ;D ;D

Must feel real proud beating a team that has won 1 game and scored 4 goals in 4 games. Maple leaves all over my street........dead