Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What A Night For Auston Matthews and Canada's # 1 Team, The Leafs.  (Read 178471 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: What A Night For Auston Matthews and Canada's # 1 Team, The Leafs.
« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2017, 08:37:11 PM »

Penguins scored 3 goals in a 5 minute span to take game 2. Preds are in trouble.
2-0 up in series.
A lot better game as far as excitement. Nashville does take bad penalties.
4x cross check in the back will be called.
Killing penalties = goals may be scored & your team on defense.
Nashville should of been up by 2 goals at the end of 1 period...
Ends 1-1 after 20 minutes.
How does the a Pens shot go in as it seemed Rennie had all the holes plugged by the post.
Somehow sideways puck finds the only small crack to sneak into the net !!!!
UNREAL.
Nashville wants to win so badly & the skilled Pens are playing with a no stress attitude.
They won the Cup last year so this year if they win again is a bonus or dessert.
All the pressure is on Nashville from the start.
Plus Murray the Pens goalie is playing solid for 60 minutes. No let downs.
Nashville I believe will be 10x better in their home rink.
It's do or die time & the real Nashville team will dominate & tie up the series.
Honestly Pens are going to get fat heads & play badly next two games.
Nashville has now awaken from their hibernation & will now get down to business.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #571 on: May 31, 2017, 08:53:21 PM »

Honestly Pens are going to get fat heads & play badly next two games.
Nashville has now awaken from their hibernation & will now get down to business.

Go Pens !

arimaBOATER

« Reply #572 on: May 31, 2017, 09:27:11 PM »

Go Pens !
Reading short & to the pt. reply post reminds me of getting a needle,kicked in the walnuts,flat tire,rainy day when forecaster said "sunny", or Rod & co. getting to fishing hole 2 days too early.... ;D

I have only one thing to say to you FA ....
"Go Preds Go"
.....sweep the floor with the Pens being the brooms in next 4 games. No mercy no prisoners.
Go Preds Go (80% )
Should Pens win the Cup this 2016/17 then they have my 20% thumbs up.  Greedy bums. Canucks Cups zero Pens possibly 2 Cups in two yrs in a row.
Come on Nashville. Play a 60 minute game.
Good advice to Novabonker Chris FA & all ...bet the house on the Nasville team to hoist the Cup.
The hornet's nest has been tapped & out come the stinging bees Watch Out....here comes the Nashville Predators.
From here on in " No Contest " ...
it will be like taking candy from a baby.
Feel sorry for Crosby already.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:35:10 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #573 on: May 31, 2017, 10:20:13 PM »

Are you drinking from the same cup as Donald Trump ? :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #574 on: May 31, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »

Are you drinking from the same cup as Donald Trump ? :)
Had two "cups" of red wine watching the game. Or was it 3 ?
Not drinking anymore as do not want a hang over.
Sure not the same cup as The Donald as he drinks zero alcohol.
His brother was an alcoholic.
As far as Donald's views " right on "
Obama Hilary Biden are the drain the swamp types...self serving.
Go Nashville Go.   ;D

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #575 on: June 01, 2017, 03:37:31 AM »

Had two "cups" of red wine watching the game. Or was it 3 ?
Not drinking anymore as do not want a hang over.
Sure not the same cup as The Donald as he drinks zero alcohol.
His brother was an alcoholic.
As far as Donald's views " right on "
Obama Hilary Biden are the drain the swamp types...self serving.
Go Nashville Go.   ;D

Drinking straight from the bottle does not make it a cup. Just sayin.  ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #576 on: June 01, 2017, 09:46:04 AM »

Drinking straight from the bottle does not make it a cup. Just sayin.  ;D
No no no me drinkth not as much as in recent or not too recent path...seen the Light & light on two issues.
There was a time did over drink,but no more for this guy.
Too many hangover & sunny day outside.
I'm "just saying " too. :)

Was looking for TNA Angler the other Nashville fan for his reaction to being down 2-0 in the series.
Guess he is too down or upset to post.
Boils down to Pens steady goaltending & not is steady puck stopping by Nashville.
Plus Preds are taking too many bad penalties.
Having to be on defence to kill them wears out the team.
In Nashville there will be a turn around.

TNAngler

« Reply #577 on: June 01, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »

What a disappointment.  Once again, a couple minutes is all it takes.

First, I dislike our 4th line as has been played the first 2 games.  First three lines are a combination of speed and skill.  4th line is a gang of painfully slow bruisers with very little puck handling skill and almost no chance of scoring except on a fluke.  If we are going to try and play fast against them like we did Chicago, then McLeod and Fiddler have no business being on the ice.  Perhaps undisclosed injuries to certain team members are the reason for that 4th line but I would rather play fast guys from the minors than deal with that line.  They are getting destroyed and are playing only about 10 minutes a game, leaving the rest of the players to pick up so much of the game that they are tired.

Second, home ice and last change have been huge for Nashville in the past and I expect it to play a part in the next two games.  I will not be shocked if the series is tied at 2-2.

Third, I sure hope Rinne is able to put these last two games behind him and become the wall that we know he can be.  Either that or Sauros plays and is able to do well.  I don't know but we can't afford these huge streaks anymore.

Fourth, it sure felt like the team the last half or the third period lost their teamwork and became more individuals trying to get it done.  That isn't how we play and isn't going to get it done.  The Pens can do that.  It isn't us.

Between the crowd and hopefully some major line changes (hopefully Wilson and Harry Z are healthy enough to play Saturday) and Lavy ripping the team a new one, I think we will be able to tell fairly quickly if it is more of the same or if the fire has been lit.  If it is more of the same, Pens in five, maybe six.  If the fire has been lit, it's going six or seven and we have a shot.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #578 on: June 01, 2017, 11:01:46 AM »

Subban guarantee the Preds will win game 3. If they don't, they're done like dinner

TNAngler

« Reply #579 on: June 01, 2017, 11:47:19 AM »

I didn't see Subban guarantee but I'm not shocked.  And I would agree.  We have to win game 3 or it is over.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #580 on: June 01, 2017, 09:46:47 PM »

Oilers leading a playoff game with 3 minutes & 1 sec to go in the game. Leading by 3 goals to zippo.
Final score quack quack Duck team wins in OT 4-3  :o
Now if that can happen....
Melt down.
Both games the Preds lost, they had over all a big edge of the play.
But presto it seems for 10% of both games the wheels fell off.
Nashville just has to get some confidence back & watch out.
Cheering for the Preds from my "neck of the woods."
Maybe play 3 lines only.
They got a big rest before this series.

TNAngler

« Reply #581 on: June 02, 2017, 07:49:13 AM »

They've essentially only played 3 lines with those on the fourth line only getting around 10 minutes per game for both of the first two games.  Given we can ice a third line that could be a scoring threat that would be able to eat up additional minutes, I'm not sure why that wouldn't be tried.

Being able to roll four lines through the whole game with significant scoring threats on all lines is a huge benefit.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #582 on: June 03, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »

Game on:
After 20 minutes 1-zippo.
Could be better ;could be worse.
Any justice at all Nashville should be up or at least tie game.
Come on Nashville.
Maybe I should say a prayer for for them :)

Add in : After 60 minutes it's 5-1 ! Yahoo & google over & out Tic Tac Toe good night Irene...
We have a series !  ;D ;D ;D
Don't blink or else Nashville scores another goal.
Murray is human after all  ;D .....gets pulled from the game.
Nashville players have caught on fire & have their swagger back.
Pens looked kinda stiff & their faces looked like they bit into some super sour rhubarb.  :-[
Nashville fans are happy & those Pens fans may need a poo pill tonight. Their guts are twisting & sweat pouring off their faces.
Happy days are here again !
In a running race with an infant an adult gives the kid a head start.
That's why Nashville allowed Pens to win the first two games before kicking it in gear. ;D
That 's what I call a game.
TO & Vancouver players please take notes on how it 's done.
In ten years ya might be in the finals again.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:05:36 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #583 on: June 05, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »

That was a heck of a game.  Very loud inside the stadium and it was packed.  The stadium holds just over 17,000 and they estimated 50,000 were in the stadium and downtown watching at the couple places they set up the big blow up screens.  They closed off a number of streets downtown so people could fill the street to watch but they grossly underestimated the number of people that would show up and say they will need to close more streets tonight.

As for the game, we changed lineups, put in speed which is what I had said we needed to do.  Pekka started off looking shaky even though the crown was chanting his name during warmups.  One of the speed people we put in drew the first penalty that led to our first goal.  Crowd noise I am convinced led to the second goal because I don't think the Pens were ready for the building to get that loud and stay that loud.

Pens have to be worried.  Pekka is calmed down and back comfortable and stopping a whole lot.  The offense looked better.  Our defense completely shut them down.  Yes, they got one but Crosby and Malkin combined for 0 shots.  Crosby only attempted 2 shots, Malkin didn't even attempt one.  Now, we can't expect that to continue but I expect our defense to continue keeping their contribution to a minimum like they have in the first three game.  With a solid goalie and neutering their offense, they will have to essentially shut us out but given we are getting scoring from all four lines and our defense, that is very difficult to do.  Also, after last game, they might have realized that the chance that they will win in Nashville is SLIM at best.  They will need to take games 5 and 7 which won't be easy if Pekka is back solid.  If we win tonight and game 5, I don't see the Pens coming into Nashville for a game 6 and winning.  I also don't see anybody in there having any hearing for a couple days.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #584 on: June 05, 2017, 12:08:04 PM »

That was a heck of a game.  Very loud inside the stadium and it was packed.  The stadium holds just over 17,000 and they estimated 50,000 were in the stadium and downtown watching at the couple places they set up the big blow up screens.  They closed off a number of streets downtown so people could fill the street to watch but they grossly underestimated the number of people that would show up and say they will need to close more streets tonight.

As for the game, we changed lineups, put in speed which is what I had said we needed to do.  Pekka started off looking shaky even though the crown was chanting his name during warmups.  One of the speed people we put in drew the first penalty that led to our first goal.  Crowd noise I am convinced led to the second goal because I don't think the Pens were ready for the building to get that loud and stay that loud.

Pens have to be worried.  Pekka is calmed down and back comfortable and stopping a whole lot.  The offense looked better.  Our defense completely shut them down.  Yes, they got one but Crosby and Malkin combined for 0 shots.  Crosby only attempted 2 shots, Malkin didn't even attempt one.  Now, we can't expect that to continue but I expect our defense to continue keeping their contribution to a minimum like they have in the first three game.  With a solid goalie and neutering their offense, they will have to essentially shut us out but given we are getting scoring from all four lines and our defense, that is very difficult to do.  Also, after last game, they might have realized that the chance that they will win in Nashville is SLIM at best.  They will need to take games 5 and 7 which won't be easy if Pekka is back solid.  If we win tonight and game 5, I don't see the Pens coming into Nashville for a game 6 and winning.  I also don't see anybody in there having any hearing for a couple days.
Crosby /Malkin zippo shots on net !  ;D
Your "super pest " D man is really getting under Crosby's skin,with physical play & head games.
Told Crosby that he has bad breath. ;D
Should be a great game tonight as the Pens should have a major push back & be happy with a spilt in Nashville. (At least get 1 W )
Preds need to play like how they did in the last game.
Keep up the pressure & heat & get pucks on net.
 ( something tells me Chris & FA will join forces & advise the Pens players on "How to get a W tonight )
Getting butter flies as Preds need this W very very badly thus to tie up the series.
Which team wants it more & is willing to play a full 60 minute game. Just might come down to goaltending & power play chances. 
Fans better wear ear plugs.