Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What A Night For Auston Matthews and Canada's # 1 Team, The Leafs.  (Read 178545 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: What A Night For Auston Matthews and Canada's # 1 Team, The Leafs.
« Reply #540 on: May 19, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »

Series are all tied up.
Anyone's guess who will be in the finals.

By what I see the Ducks at this stage seem to have the best remaining "energy" then Pens Sens & lastly Predators. From all the little things I see happening the Ducks I guess are going to wear down the other two teams they meet Nashville & either Pens or Sens.
Ducks are big physical ,skilled & enough speed that I believe will give them the Stanley Cup.
But if the other teams suck it up & go for it & gets the breaks  ( hits post & goes in...hits D man's stick & deflects in ...idea ) it's anyone's Cup.
Imagine 6 wins = the Stanley Cup.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #541 on: May 20, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »

How are the Leaves doing ? ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #542 on: May 20, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »

How are the Leaves doing ? ;)
Leaves advisor is spying on the GM of Nasville David Poile 24/7.
The GM's dad Bud was a Maple Leaf player & 1st GM of the Vancouver Canucks.
With that history line & the fact David Poile has his team deep into the playoffs Leafs are hoping to land him to TO GM position.
Leafs advisor has the coach spying the Seattle Thunderbirds.
( Should trade the lot of Canuck players for future picks  & just sign the whole Seattle Team. 99% which are good Canadian stock. )
Go Ottawa Go on Sunday.
Go Nasville Go over Ducks ( now ) big task.
Toronto is a one year wonder.
Next season they will have 1 good line & other lines will be their weak links & down fall.  ;D
Canucks mind you have the same problem.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #543 on: May 20, 2017, 09:41:44 PM »

Decided to rest up & charge my batteries. Been working extra hard for last four days so decided to watch the full game today between Nashville & Ducks. What a great game. Both teams went at it like the Fraser & Ali boxing fight.
Honestly the Ducks had a way more scoring chances & should of won the game.
Both teams were very physical & I give Nashville congrads. & respect because it takes courage to stand up to the Ducks.
Ducks team are loaded with big mean physical guys. It just shows if a team plays hard & gets goaltending they can win a game even though somewhat outplayed in the offensive chances department.
Nashville up in games 3-2 thus Ducks are against the wall. One more loss & Ducks pack their bags & go home.
Ducks are a very very good but so are the remaining teams. Hope Pens do not get the Cup as there are just too many yappers plus they got it last yr.
The refs put their whistle in their pockets for the most part. Don Cherry must of been happy with the officiating. Lots of rough stuff not called.
Go Ottawa Go
Go Nashville Go
Go Ducks Go
Boo Pens Boo
Boo Leafs Boo.
If Leafs & Canucks were against the way the Ducks & Nashville played they ( Toronto and Vancouver ) would of lost 5-1 or there abouts.   
Leafs & Canucks are a million miles from being serious Cup contenders. Actually with 30-31 teams to win the Cup will be like young people renting an apt wanting to buy a nice house on below average wages.

TNAngler

« Reply #544 on: May 22, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »

Wow that's loud ! Must of had a good time.

It was a blast.  Tonight Guinness people will be on hand in case we break the record from what I heard.  I will do my part.  Given the injuries we have had, I didn't think we were going to take game 5.  If we clinch tonight, that place will be INSANE.  Need to get the kids headsets to block out some of the noise.  Don't need them having permanent hearing damage.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #545 on: May 22, 2017, 08:33:48 PM »

It was a blast.  Tonight Guinness people will be on hand in case we break the record from what I heard.  I will do my part.  Given the injuries we have had, I didn't think we were going to take game 5.  If we clinch tonight, that place will be INSANE.  Need to get the kids headsets to block out some of the noise.  Don't need them having permanent hearing damage.
New noise record ?
Must of been close.
Wow another crazy crazy game & super exciting. Ducks again gave it their all & must of out shot Nashville 3-1 .
Score board shows the final score 6-3 ( Nashville wins ! )
2 empty net goals.
Predators goalie again a big difference maker.
Congrads to Nashville.
They are a gritty team & skate hard.
On the other hand Ottawa pissed their pants with a 7-0 loss the other night.
Embarrassing.
They were listless the entire game.
Oilers lose when leading 3-0 with  3minutes 1 sec left. Embarrassing.
Think Leafs lost to Boston in playoffs in a 3rd period breakdown in recent years  :-[ Embarrassing 10x

Looking for the most exciting Cup finals so will go on record & hope for a Pens vs Predators Stanley Cup.
Really like Nashville team but the Ducks sure have my total respect.
They deserved to win this series as they out chanced the opposition.
Just shows out chancing the other team is only a part of the puzzle.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:35:39 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #546 on: May 22, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »

Glad to see Ryan Kessler out.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #547 on: May 22, 2017, 11:32:46 PM »

Glad to see Ryan Kessler out.

I never forgot the I hate Canada comment at the Olympics. I feel bad for Bieksa, but I detest Kessler.
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #548 on: May 23, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »

Give credit the Ducks gave hits but took them too. They ( Ducks) could of decided to "goon it up" like the 70s Flyers & start fights & try to get the tail between the legs of the Nashville team.
Ducks bigger & meaner.
Did you see when the Duck forwards were trying to get their sticks on rebounds in front of the net?
Nashville really laid on the lumber "big time" & literally drove their sticks in their backs sides front...
Canucks & Leafs would of just tried to dance or hug them.
This Nashville team just played hard & physical hockey & that must of got into the Duck players heads.
Great great series. Every game was a Thrilla in Manila battle.

Have to totally agree with you s FA & Novabonker on your comments.
Bieksa a great guy & he looked good on the ice.
Why did the Canucks get rid of him??????????????????
Gee tried to bait Chris & included some not too nice comments about TO Leafs but he did not bite  ;D
I guess he has not caught any fish lately & he knows "maybe" TO has a long way to go before they can go far into the playoffs with the team they have.
1-2 rounds max.  ;D
Canucks 1 round  ;D
Sign the Seattle Thunderbirds or Erie team ( is it?  )

TNAngler

« Reply #549 on: May 23, 2017, 10:59:16 AM »

Apparently we didn't  break the noise record because it doesn't count immediately following game induced cheering so after a goal doesn't count.  It was still awesome though.

Preds have won 12 playoff games.  The game winning goal has been scored by 11 different players with only one player getting a second.  It truly is a team effort.  And despite Anaheim outshooting the Preds 3 to 1, high danger scoring chances were fairly even with Ducks having 9, Preds having 8.  Our defense kept the middle closed down, rarely allowed second chances.  A lot of their shots were from way out or from the wall.  Heck, most of the time they didn't even have much for traffic.

Great game and so much fun to be at.  Can't wait to go to 2 or 3 Stanley Cup Final games.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #550 on: May 23, 2017, 11:21:24 AM »

Did not break noise record"..
( 1 ) voice cords strained because of over use cheering in the play offs.
( 2 ) fans in Nashville are smart/wise...they await to break record during finals!

Any way you cut it the Ducks should of won the last two games BUT MR GOALIE was amazing.
Will be cheering on Nashville even if it's Pens or Sens.

TNAngler

« Reply #551 on: May 23, 2017, 02:13:29 PM »

When we got really close it was a one goal game where we scored late and from that goal till the end was crazy.  This was more back and forth and it was almost immediately after they pulled the goalie we got the first empty netter so then it moved to celebrating the win, not cheering the team on to have them hold on.

Rinne definitely has decided this is his shot and he has stood tall and strong and carried the team through a couple of these games.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #552 on: May 23, 2017, 03:04:58 PM »

Go Sens or Pens

arimaBOATER

« Reply #553 on: May 23, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »

Go Sens or Pens

FA has drawn the line in the sand. He wants the Sens or Pens to win the Cup. Boo Boo Boo!
TNAngler & yours truly ( me ) want Nashville to win.

Assume Novabonker Chris & others may be joining FA's picks & choice. Maybe I'm wrong on that assumption  ?
Go Nashville Go.
Down with the Sens & Pens.
Ref sens the Sens & Pens to the pens box. They break all the rules.
They are the reason the NHL has 2 refs in the game in recent years.
As for the Nashville players they play by the rules.
Choir boys & angels come to mind.
On the plane players read the rules manual. ( not Playboy mags )

Ducks players are going to have nightmares. So close but so far...
All those shots & hardly any goals.
% wise some shots should of deflected off sticks or bodies & go in.
Or get stopped & rebound goes in.
Or goalie screened & puck sneaks in.
Or hits post or crossbar & goes in.
AD it was pucks hit bars/ posts & deflect out.
Ryan K hits a post & it deflects off the other post & stays out !!!!
Bible Thumper Nashville player Mike Fisher must be saying his daily prayers.
Nashville over Ducks is like Ottawa over Calgary in the last Grey Cup or comeback by New England in last Super Bowl.
Edit in : Ottawa is showing some determination & score is 1-1 with lots more time in the game.
Should Sens win this game & tie the series & win game 7 ; well I honestly then would be on the fence.
Ottawa or Nashville get the Cup would be just fine with me.
But definitely if it's Nashville vs Pittsburg ....no way am cheering for Pens.
Nashville looks hungry & ready.
Like a male Lion looking for it's meal.   

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:07:07 PM by A-BOATER »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #554 on: May 23, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »

All the referees are in emergency surgery tonight. Apparently, they swallowed their whistles. Why do they have a rule book if it means jack spit in the playoffs? :o

But a gutsy win by the Sens tonight. I want them to bring that cup home to Canada!
http://