Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208319 times)

colin6101

They could have kept up to 4 springs each as long half of them were under 62 cm. I have definitely caught that many in a day on the vedder, although that was at the end of September.

cabro

They could have kept up to 4 springs each as long half of them were under 62 cm. I have definitely caught that many in a day on the vedder, although that was at the end of September.

From what I could see, only one of them was over 62cm, the others were substantially smaller. I believe they were within the guidelines.

dobrolub

Hm... And I initially thought you were pulling a leg.

cabro

Hm... And I initially thought you were pulling a leg.

Nope, I have better things to do than waste mine and others time.

I was shocked though, it was quite a hall. I saw one other guy pull in a coho or  jack spring (couldn't tell from the distance I was at) but that was about it. Myself and my friend got skunked other than the pink he caught and released earlier in the day behind on the way store

NothingToSnagAbout

You'd think the fifth or sixth fish would get wise to the fact that all his buddies are disappearing

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

LOL. That doesn't seem to happen in the fish kingdom. Just look at how all those tuna biting non stop in some youtube video with fishermen flipping them up in long poles. They must be using barbless hook and a lure or something. Nobody needs to unhook the fish or rebait. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP6rYThJWUg

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

OK ::) - any updates on the water conditions?

poper

Low and clear

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

OK ::) - any updates on the water conditions?

Double double almost cresting the dykes by KWB. :P
 Seriously. Low. And. Clear. Felt like I could have had better luck trying to grab them as they swam under the boat this morning at the mouth.

Walleye76

We need some rain badly... 1.22m at crossing today  :-\ calling for rain sat, sun and Monday so hopefully it's a decent amount

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

Thanks, guys. I was thinking of heading out this Wednesday but I think I'm going to save my day-off for a later date.
Don't mean to hijack the thread but has anyone fished the Harrison recently? I'm not expecting too much but if the forecasted rain doesn't materialize, I may give it a shot.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:33:44 PM by RainbowMan »

armytruck

• Old Timer

Thanks, guys. I was thinking of heading out this Wednesday but I think I'm going to save my day-off for a later date.
Don't mean to hijack the thread but has anyone fished the Harrison recently? I'm not expecting too much but if the forecasted rain doesn't materialize, I may give it a shot.
[/quote
Really quiet there as is the Chehalis with a few ripe socks moving by . There are some cutties still around the Harrison . Friend was into a few cutties around the Chehalis tribs .
Didn't mean to hijack either  ;D
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Blackrt03

You'd think the fifth or sixth fish would get wise to the fact that all his buddies are disappearing

Lol good one

Tenz85

Forecast is saying a decent rain is coming. Wonder if it'll blow out.

243Pete

Forecast is saying a decent rain is coming. Wonder if it'll blow out.

A little blow out will help, it's so damn low you can cross the river in so many spots with ease.  :o

As for today... did a little river clean up and a guy who I was fishing along the river who pull out a number 5 Blue Fox spinner, a wedding band, jig head, a HUG colorado blade, a french blade and some mixture of mono and braid all wrapped into one.
And beautiful buck coho, I thought that it was a small jack spring but damn... some of the coho rolling in this year are HUGE, getting them to bite is an entirely different story though. :-X