Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208191 times)

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Yup, some decent sized fish in there. Cant get any smaller than last year though...

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

Water level seems just fine....

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Leave some in there for us weekDAY warriors  :P

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Ahhh, Spinners, my favourite weapon of choice for fall salmon. Springs and cohos can't resist chewing on them.[/move]
It ain't the roe bro'

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

The vedder today around 10am

Britguy

• Old Timer

I was out there Friday and water was low but very fishy, heard of a few springs caught and a guy across the river from me hooked a chum on a spey set up,

then a guy that was passing me on the other side of the river came running back saying two bears were following him, he was pretty shook up.
I then found it hard to concentrate on my line while looking across the river at every sound.
Be careful out there folks.

Quite a few fish jumping around and this rain will help stir things up.
So get out there and have some fun

NothingToSnagAbout

Where was the bear roughly? Have far do they come down?

poper

Water was still pretty good for color at 5ish today
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:37:51 PM by poper »

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:53:11 PM by Noahs Arc »

Twitchy

I was out there Friday and water was low but very fishy, heard of a few springs caught and a guy across the river from me hooked a chum on a spey set up,

then a guy that was passing me on the other side of the river came running back saying two bears were following him, he was pretty shook up.
I then found it hard to concentrate on my line while looking across the river at every sound.
Be careful out there folks.

Quite a few fish jumping around and this rain will help stir things up.
So get out there and have some fun

Saw a bear yesterday afternoon just above crossing.

farky

Waters up almost 2ft and has about 12 inches visibility

fic

• Old Timer

That road resurfacing construction on chilliwack lake road kind of took away some road side parking.  Careful where u park at first light.

NothingToSnagAbout

Saw a young guy take a swim at Lickman. Tried to cross a little below the parking lot to the middle bank in knee-deep water, slipped and quickly filled his waders (belt not done up, of course). Lucky for him there was a log about 100 feet downstream that held him up. No major injuries but boy is he lucky, just sat on the park bench the rest of the afternoon soaking wet and in shock. Fish safely, people.

dobrolub

That gravel extraction messed up the river bed. Yikes. I hadn't realized they've messed up so many places.

milo

• Old Timer

Fished from 9-4 without success. No interest in my plastics, jigs and blades.  :(
Got word that most of the fish pushed through with the rain and there was some decent action all the way up, but I focused on the mid section and below the crossing and found solitude. There were few fishermen, even fewer fish to be seen. Saw one nice hatch caught all day.
If the water was somewhat high and murky in the morning, it got in prime shape in the afternoon. Still no fish for me, and very few jumpers.
But it was a great day to be out. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30