Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208112 times)

poper

Out for few hours today, with 1 keeper, but noticed people droping garbage all along the trail, it was not there yesterday, so let's try to pick up what is droped

fic

• Old Timer

The upper was not much better. Saw 2 guys leave with 3 cohos and the other 12 or so people including me, left with no action. I was there for a couple hours after finding the lower river to be slow.

Britguy

• Old Timer

Where was the bear roughly? Have far do they come down?

There were two bears just above Peach Road
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:13:36 PM by Britguy »

bobby b

It was a bit of a gong show out there yesterday....  I just about had my head pelted with a bouncing betty when someone across the river cast too far .....whizzed past my head and the weight, 5ft leader and  hook all landed about 10ft behind me.
Saw about 8 or 9 springs snagged and released by the BB'ers across the river from me.
Saw 2 big spring caught and bonked and saw 3 jacks get caught and bonked. One near train bridge, the rest mid to upper river.

I had one big spring in the late afternoon..... lost it

Fished all day .... throwing roe, wool, blades etc....   saw quite a few fish jumping/splashing but they were quick to move through.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:46:34 AM by bobby b »

Rieber

• Old Timer

Where was the bear roughly? Have far do they come down? /quote]

That wasn't a bear - it was Milo  ;D

tworivers

Unless it smells like a cheap cigar, slowly back out of the area and avoid contact ;D

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Fished the upper this morning with 2 buddies. Caught a clean red spring, nice surprise! Hooked 2 more springs and 1 coho. My buddy caught a nice hatchery coho...very silver and good size. My other buddy caught a jack spring which he kept. The water was really good, cold and a tinge colored. Great day of fishing.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:21:08 AM by fishmonk »

milo

• Old Timer

If it smells like a premium cigar, slowly approach and make friendly contact. ;D

There, I fixed it for you.

Rieber, you are hilarious! ;D ;D ;D

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

congrats on the red spring fishmonk......assuming all on roe?

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

congrats on the red spring fishmonk......assuming all on roe?

All on fresh cured roe...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River condition is very nice IMO, don't really need too much more rain for steadily good fishing.

We fished in maybe 2 feet of water this morning for an hour before I had to leave, and hooked a few coho salmon. Dad landed the biggest of the day, maybe around 8lb.

banx

I will be offering valet parking at keith wilson bridge all weekend.  $5 per vehicle

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Ahahaha ^^^

Fished today, first light was unreal. Hooked 7 my first 7 casts. Slowed right down after. Dig dig dig for the gong show this weekend!

fic

• Old Timer

Congrats on the nice catches.  Save some for us weekend guys  ;D

Taboo

I just spent the last 3 days 'working the river' from bottom to top.  In reality, this was more of a scouting mission for the annual mid-October week long camping and fish your brains out fiesta.   8) 

Drove up to the hatchery Thursday and it was nice to see the Coho & Springs staged but noticeably absent was the presence of Chum.  Generalizing but the lower river was very slow in several spots that I put time in at, not just for me but for anyone in sight of me.  Mid-river was a game of patience and hiking but paid off with a beautiful 14lb Coho.  Upper river seemed to have the most quantity of people but didn't spend much time with a hook in the water.

There is lots of great water to be found if you are willing to explore but a bit more rain would be welcome!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30