Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River protest fishery on August 1st 2016  (Read 22794 times)

hrenya

Re: Fraser River protest fishery on August 1st 2016
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2016, 09:45:42 PM »

I guess people missed my point back a page or 2 ago - there is no commercial fishery for chinook or coho in the Fraser or in the South Coast Inside waters. Prove me wrong. Yet people keep bringing this stuff up about Pattison etc.
adds on cragslist at sockeye run "1 fish 5$ if u buy 10 or more" - that's not commercial ?! where was topic a year ago when dfo busted 1 boat  , but where hundreds of them ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuseR1aYsDc old video , but dated September , when its a bait ban for us :)

now to be honest , how many fish can you eat / smoke / freeze as part of your life depends on it ?! 10 ? 100? 1000?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:52:08 PM by hrenya »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2016, 10:50:42 PM »

adds on cragslist at sockeye run "1 fish 5$ if u buy 10 or more" - that's not commercial ?! where was topic a year ago when dfo busted 1 boat  , but where hundreds of them ....

My post clearly said chinook & coho - what do you mention above? Never mind.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

hrenya

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2016, 06:26:17 AM »

My post clearly said chinook & coho - what do you mention above? Never mind.
this is one example , in mission were tons of boats on Saturday scooping springs , im pretty sure it will be aviable for sale soon ...

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2016, 07:49:41 AM »

Again I don't know what you are getting at. An example in Mission - did you miss something? The youtube link is the Cap not the Fraser and it's been posted umpteen times since it was first put up in 2012 - it's a native fishery & they are fishing the Cap for hatchery coho.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

hrenya

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2016, 08:39:24 AM »

mission scooping spring happened to be in fraser , the amount of fish bonked pretty sure will be higher than commercials could of done , my point is : doesn't matter where how or why - but there should be reasonable quota not in timing openings , but fish wise .
some excuses like they need those fish as that is their source of food - are right , but amount of fish is ridiculas . u cant eat fish every day for breakfast dinner and supper , u will really get sick of that , so what do u think happens to majority of the catch ?! frozen/smoked ?! like really ?! all that fish ?! I don`t think so .....

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2016, 01:46:44 PM »

well  it's your opinion and we all know what they say about opinions... as far as scooping springs out of the Fraser at Mission as far as I can tell this could just a figment of your imagination.

Tangles

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2016, 06:29:23 PM »

but there should be reasonable quota not in timing openings , but fish wise .
Have you ever read through a DFO FN fishery notice or you're just venting for the sport?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »

The picture I took is in this story for those that do not get the Chilliwack http://www.theprogress.com/news/389085761.htmlrogress.

Also the vid I filmed I donot think I posted it before I was away for the last 5 days. https://youtu.be/j_lhp3ogN0A
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:35:10 PM by chris gadsden »

dobrolub

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2016, 01:04:37 PM »

The picture I took is in this story for those that do not get the Chilliwack

Broken link above,fixed: http://www.theprogress.com/news/389085761.html

hrenya

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2016, 04:26:03 PM »

well  it's your opinion and we all know what they say about opinions... as far as scooping springs out of the Fraser at Mission as far as I can tell this could just a figment of your imagination.
my bud in mission since yesterday , and yesterday netting was going on :) 0 fish caught between few anglers at different spots ... but its just my imagination

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »

perhaps it's the terrible grammar in your posts as I can't quite understand what you are trying to say.

FWIW there is no commercial opening on the Fraser.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Sage2106

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2016, 09:44:32 AM »

Maybe if Ernie Crey is so concerned for the fish he should tell his band members not to be drifting gill nets for the last 2 days seing as they don't have an opening. Fox guarding the chicken coop doesn't end well.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:48:40 AM by Sage2106 »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2016, 09:47:41 AM »

Lower Fraser River has been open for communal sockeye salmon this weekend. You can check for all the openings at:

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/fraser/abor-autoc-eng.html