Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower Fraser River - 10th October  (Read 8767 times)

markyboy

Lower Fraser River - 10th October
« on: October 11, 2015, 09:10:06 AM »

Bar fishing the incoming tide in the evening along with six others. Very quiet, I had a few small bites but no hookups. Three guys were spinning but got no bites, only one roe fisherman caught : one wild jack, the other a dolly.

I know it's a small sample size (of one) but this time of year at this spot is usually a hot spot. Pinks in the lower were significantly more scarce this year, hope the coho isn't the same.

mzmann

Re: Lower Fraser River - 10th October
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 09:29:03 AM »

the big northerns are scarce up north from what i've been hearing so far as well as the coho have been very scarce off sooke/port renfrew (at least in comparison to other years) and just starting to come in a bit better numbers last few days but not much of any size yet still.....hopefully they are just late but having some doubts....definitely still some around but thinking the numbers are not going to be very good.
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

ktt

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »

Quiet this early morning too. Only one bull trout by spinner.

hrenya

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »

3 hos(1 was wild)  yesterday + 1 dolly , on 10th . fished outgoing from 7 to 10
3 hos (all wild) , 1 jack (hatch , I lost it just before landing) , 1 dolly , on 11th. fished all day from 7am to 7pm . saw only 1 fish bonked . was pretty dead today compare to yesterday .

roe in all cases , from yesterday`s fish I had some fresh roe -  worked really good . 
lots of fish showing themselves , but looks like they pretty spooked to bite ... they barely barely touching roe ... very tighny nibbles ....

good luck

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 10:04:29 PM »

Expect to see poor numbers of coho coast wide this year.

markyboy

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 10:16:46 PM »

Nice work hyrena! Ps spell check on the iPad keeps changes your alias to hernia, then 'here a' and finally on the third attempt I got it right.

Fished the incoming again tonight and my landing net is still dry :(

Eleven !!! people fishing tonight, one wild coho caught and the ten of us skunked. I saw a couple of hookups missed - one guy had 50lb braided line on [for coho ??] and just tried to drag it in without any finesse - needless to say the fish escaped (hopefully uninjured).

I hear you on the tiny nibbles, some of the biggest fish I landed last year were from nibbles that barely moved the rod tip - this year the guy that is catching (today and yesterday) probably has the lightest setup on the bank.

Will try the incoming tomorrow if I can do better. Good to know someone is catching out there.

hrenya

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 12:11:32 AM »

where do you fish ?

markyboy

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 03:14:29 PM »

Was fishing the North Arm. After an early start today produced nothing (four of us fishing - two left when the rain was coming down hard), headed over to the South Arm. Much better there, I wasn't there too long but landed a wild coho. Good to see lots of other fish being landed today. Will probably skip North arm for a little while and hit up the South arm again this week.

TimL

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »

Bar fished Langley/Abbotsford area today 8:15-3:45 on the outgoing tide. Only 1 jack for me which I lost while very close to shore and my brother had a larger one on that he lost as well. Saw quite a few wild coho landed, mostly by roe fishermen, a few were landed by spinners.
I had lots of tiny nibbles as well..on 2 occasions my line went slack when the fish took the bait (one of which was when I hooked the jack, the other, the fish made off with the bait).

hrenya

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 06:04:38 PM »

marky I think north is no productive this year .

Ambassador

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 03:48:44 PM »

Out Sunday morning for a few hours in the rain not too far from Dyke road at hight tide. Nothing landed but a few bites and one quick battle that ended with a quickly spit hook. Had a sweet ho chasing my bag right up to the end of one drift - but no luck getting her to lip it. The Mighty Fraser skunkings continue...
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

ktt

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 09:19:23 PM »

Fishing the south arm for one hour after work, only got one bull trout by Koho.

markyboy

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 10:07:20 PM »

Fished south arm from high tide in the morning, all the way down to low tide. 2 jacks caught both wild. Think everyone caught one or more fish today (all on roe) though it was overall quieter than it was the day prior. Not many fish showing all day, most of the bites were for the first couple of hours after high tide and the last couple of hours were dead.

TimL

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »

Fished Richmond middle arm in the evening after work..chucked lures. Had 1 solid hit on spoon..lost it due to bad hook set. Quite a few risers seen as well.

poper

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 08:18:27 AM »

It's been a great year for us so far, getting fish every trip on Chum roe, 3 hatch adults last night and 2 wild between 2 of us, lots of actoin.