Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower Fraser River - 10th October  (Read 8770 times)

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
Re: Lower Fraser River - 10th October
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 10:31:05 PM »

fished today with my buds , 7h hos bonked (1 jack) , about 20 let them go ( majority jacks , 2-3 were nice size hos ) , no dollys .
few people beside us were snagging and bonking chums and wild hos :((( I tried to tell them that it`s not right to bonk wild ones , but they pretend they don't hear , 1 guy after I saw him landed wild ho on a sand , after he bonked it , clip fin off and yelled at me that it`s hatch :(((( sooooo sad to see people do this ... there are tons of hatches and they do bite ... why snag or bonk wild ones ? :((((((((
Did you report them?

TimL

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 09:21:39 AM »

hrenya

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 06:25:10 PM »

I did called few times , and nothing , also from what I read on this forum majority times they don't show up .
Just look at snagfest at Seymour mouth and cap , look at cap now , look at stave , look at vedder .  they just don't care .
I told those guys that it was wild , and they knew that , but after my friends left I stayed with my bud and oldman . I prefer to stay away from people like those , and I don't want to ending up in unequal fight .

Kever

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2015, 06:58:13 PM »

I did called few times , and nothing , also from what I read on this forum majority times they don't show up .
Just look at snagfest at Seymour mouth and cap , look at cap now , look at stave , look at vedder .  they just don't care .
I told those guys that it was wild , and they knew that , but after my friends left I stayed with my bud and oldman . I prefer to stay away from people like those , and I don't want to ending up in unequal fight .

Thanks for calling. Officers don't respond to snagging calls, but they do respond to poaching ie. keeping wild coho, keeping salmon over retention limits. And it goes into their database so officers know where to target in the future. Thanks again for saying something to the violators and calling RAPP.

samw

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2015, 07:00:24 PM »

In response to, they don't care..  I've been checked twice at the Cap at least.  Once it was under the Highway 1 bridge.  There were 2 of them and they were watching behind the trees for a while to see what people were doing before coming out to check licenses and such.  They also will look down from the bridge above sometimes.  I've been checked in many places I've fished in the past few years: Squamish R, Furry Creek, Cap River, South Arm Fraser R, Weaver Lake, Browning Lake, Campbell River.  They do come out.

ktt

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2015, 09:27:21 PM »

Not to highjack the thread, but in my experience they do take action to check people to follow the regulations although they don't respond to an instant reporting. In the past, I had been checked at around 4:30 in the early morning when I was fishing for sturgeon at the tidal Fraser, also had been checked twice at the same spot, same evening within 3 hours. Many times at White Rock and Belcarra when crabbing, some of them were undercover officers. This year I had been checked twice during the Pink season. I had reported people using more than 2 hooks or using barbed hooks in the tidal Fraser, keeping undersized crabs, they do ask me the details and I was told by other anglers that they do send officers to check in the later days. I agree that they may not respond to some certain call immediately, but if we keep reporting these violations to them, those violators surely will be caught one of these days.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »

The important thing to remember when calling RAPP, is that they do not have an abundance of staff, that is there is not someone sitting by the phone ready to run out the instant a call comes in. What they have are people out in the field and their ability to respond to your call will be determined by their proximity to your location at the time of your call and their availability (they may already be responding to a call, or a half a dozen calls, when your call comes in).  If they are close by, and they are not already responding to earlier calls, they may show up within the hour (as I have seen happen at the Stave).  Never assume your call will be ignored...it will certainly go unchecked if you never actually make the call.
Not all those who wander are lost

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 09:03:22 AM »

Never assume your call will be ignored...it will certainly go unchecked if you never actually make the call.

Sandman nailed it. They record all the calls and use the data/stat to allocate their resources. Thanks for calling. You did your part. Now back to the topic.... How's visibility in the maple ridge to Langley area these days?  :D ;)

TimL

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »

Sandman nailed it. They record all the calls and use the data/stat to allocate their resources. Thanks for calling. You did your part. Now back to the topic.... How's visibility in the maple ridge to Langley area these days?  :D ;)
The last time I checked was around 6-8 inches in the Langley area..that was last Saturday.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2015, 06:20:03 AM »

Vis is not great, milky and less than a foot. Walked through Derby to The Fort yesterday and back, ton of rods at the day use area and every campsite had one or more out, saw no action or fish etc.
Not one person using a bell either, If I was there for a few days all comfy by the fire I think I would need a bell lol.

ktt

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 09:17:57 PM »

Vis is around 1 foot in Richmond

hrenya

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »

will fish tmrw afternoon

TimL

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »

about 1 ft. or so in the North Arm yesterday (Friday) evening.
Will be fishing Langley/Abbotsford today.