Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 469694 times)

Tylsie

NDT,  Radiography.  Bio accumulation is a serious issue,  but it only affects chemicals such as lead,  toxins,  etc; not radiation. Radiatio, to put simply is really intense rays of light from the a different part of the spectrum.  But same as turning off a light, once the source is gone so is the radiation.  It does not stay in what was exposed.  The harm comes from what the radiation did while it was present.  It can mutate cells,  kill them out right and more on a very short order. The radiation from Japan could very well have hindered plankton's ability to reproduce, or similar but that would not be passed on to whatever consumes it.  Same with salmon,  the radiation could of stunted their growth (I doubt it but haven't look into it),  but would have no affect on a fisherman who consumes it.

islanddude

Thanks for the info.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer

But!
If it has three eyes...

TheLostSockeye

Heres a video of the hatchery today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfowaBIHC4

fishing report at the end  ;D

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

hey flyfishingmagician...that avatar was from a local river in surrey a few years ago. One thing i did notice is that the coho so far seem to be all the same size and same average weight. Caught nothing over 10lbs this year and all look somewhat malnurished or under fed as opposed to the coho last year which had good weight and size. My average last year was 9-12lbs. This year 4-7lbs. Very few large males in the hatchery as well. Even the males i retained were small or undersized for the vedder. :-[ Wonder if other anglers noticed it this year.

Hey redtide.  I've got a few photos of my fish like that myself!  Here's one from about two weeks ago - I caught this one on the fly (went back to fly fishing for coho which was great!).  This fish took a sparse rolled muddler.  I'd estimate it to be in the 5 lb range - which is one of the larger coho I've caught this year!   :)

yoda

Now that's a nice cutting board! Oh, nice fish as well!

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

Yes! The kitchen run! Don't you like my tea cozy???

dobrolub

Heres a video of the hatchery today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfowaBIHC4

Good to see so much fish at the hatchery !

I guess the river is turning to mud for days now.  :-\

TheLostSockeye

Good to see so much fish at the hatchery !

I guess the river is turning to mud for days now.  :-\

yup!! was pretty unfishable by 1pm when i left lower. Its raining super hard in the wack now so expect really muddy water for a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfowaBIHC4
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:54:40 PM by TheLostSockeye »

mykiss

• Canadian Aquatics

Thanks for the report Sockeye.  Good report... and yes, by the way the pink cork style is now in!! The trend will follow...lol
Here fishy fishy......

www.canadianaquatics.com

TheLostSockeye

Thanks for the report Sockeye.  Good report... and yes, by the way the pink cork style is now in!! The trend will follow...lol

Thanks man i hope it does!  like another member said its breast cancer awareness month.... EveryDay  ::) ;D ::)

Howlongsyourleader

Still fishable this afternoon, visibility was 8-10 inches
Have you seen my float?

TheLostSockeye

December coho action!! If your roe doesn't get on your face you are not doing it right!!

dobrolub

How??? Where??? LOL... Your success is amazing. I think you can catch a fish in a glass of water as long as you can cast in it.

Floater

• Old Timer

I have no doubt of his abilities as an angler but i also think being able to fish everyday prob more than once a day has lots to do with someones success just like anything you get what you put into it right. Nice fish btw.
[