Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 464878 times)

TheLostSockeye

I have no doubt of his abilities as an angler but i also think being able to fish everyday prob more than once a day has lots to do with someones success just like anything you get what you put into it right. Nice fish btw.

I only fish 2-4 times a week now. We hiked probably 5+km today and it was well worth it (found some really nice holding water)! Its nice having loving parents that support me in my interest in fishing and that will come out and fish with me.

Nicolas The Fisherman

Nice fish! Was planning on heading out today myself but I thought the river would've been toast for sure. So much rain in the forecast now though. Probably another blowout on the way.

NothingToSnagAbout

TLS, you got your folks hiking 5km with you to get to your fishing spots? You'd better get them something really nice for xmas. And you might want to start wearing gloves, who knows how much pro cure you're absorbing lol.

TheLostSockeye

TLS, you got your folks hiking 5km with you to get to your fishing spots? You'd better get them something really nice for xmas. And you might want to start wearing gloves, who knows how much pro cure you're absorbing lol.

My folks go hiking even further than that just to get some exercise and enjoy nature. They love to come out and explore new areas and try and catch something. No need for gloves as im switching to borax/ roe bags for steel season!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibility poor, 10 inches this afternoon. Was told Slesse Creek is pumping in the silt.

Silex-user

I guess there probably going to be some new runs again. Looking forward to going steelhead fishing in New Year. ;D

Silex-user

swimmingwiththefishes

Visibility poor, 10 inches this afternoon. Was told Slesse Creek is pumping in the silt.

What the heck is happening up there? Landslide? Logging?

I know this is Ministry of Defense lands so maybe that is why there is no word, some info though should come out about this.

Dave

• Old Timer

The entire uplands areas from Tamihi Creek upstream to and including Slesse Creek is pretty much unstable and comprised of clay deposits in the hillsides.  A drive along the Bench Road, south to north, will show these areas very well.  These unstable areas have caused disruptions to sports fisheries in the past, and will continue to do so in the future as nothing short of rip rapping the entire stretch will stop these natural slumping hillside occurrences.
The Chilliwack River Action Committee and its many partners spent hundred's of thousands of dollars addressing these slides in the past, sadly with very little positive results.  All it takes is a major rainfall/snow melt event to bring these clay areas along side the river, creating extremely turbid water.
These events are another reason why the off channel habitat areas created in the upper and more recently in the lower river are so important to spawning and rearing success of salmonids in the C-V.

If there is a positive to this it is that a few fish get upstream from this turbid water into the area closed to fishing during these non angler days and eventually spawn.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Now that the fall salmon fishing season is pretty much over and the winter steelhead fishing season has started, I've begun a new river condition thread for it:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=39054.0

I hope you all had an enjoyable salmon fishing season.