Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 148187 times)

DanL

• Old Timer

Dont forget the drainage area of the Chilliwack river is something like 1000 square Km. Lack of rain in Chilliwack town doesn't necessarily mean there still isnt a huge volume of water on the way.

Phew; derailment avoided. Back on track, thank you for the report Dan.

No problem. Always glad to help someone save some gas and time. OTOH still managed to get into several chum and even a coho with a spinner in some soft water so was still an enjoyable day. Conditions were tough though, no doubt about it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Snow showing on the mountains now so that may help some but still rain showers happening, one could always head to Tamihi Rapids. ;D ;D

ALBA CHIEFISH

Got out first thing this morning. Clarity was good enough and plenty of water. Hooked and lost a bully silver coho, that i think obligingly stayed around and hit my second next cast  ;D 

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

Water is fine with 2 feet feet of vis today, fished mid river, tons of coho moving through and showing themselves, the springs have tapered off nicely.

TheLostSockeye

river is very high should make for a good weekend :)

Fisherama

Fished mid-river today - high and clear.  Lots of fish and lots of people too...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:02:11 PM by Fisherama »

farky

Just checked the graph ,river spiked up to 2.45m at the crossing with the rain last night .

top fuel

So I'm assuming it is un fishable

kevzabob

How's the water mid river?

Walleye76

Went to check out river this morning, it's basically blown out...very high, dark and dirty. As Farky said it spiked last night to highest level in season...and it's still raining off and on in Sardis now..

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo

Went and looked upper and mid river and wow was she blowing. Had a foot of vis, but she was snorting. Going to take a day or two to drop down a bit and get the "tea" coloured water cleaned up

swimmingwiththefishes

Going to start puking rain tomorrow night so better get out there soon.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42#356cwvr

marek

Fished the upper this morning.  Water was high but visibility was quite good.  Nobody around was hooking anything so I did some hiking to find slower water and I hooked a clean chum.  Guy up from me hooked a big chum and 2 coho.  Great day overall!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Must be lots of fish around now as I found a few. ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water clarity was fine this morning and river level dropped a bit more last night, but the drop has tapered off now, most likely will start rising soon with this heavy rain ahead of us.