Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 148193 times)

Dave

• Old Timer

I would be charging a fee to fish on the reserve. Safe parking, no snagging, limited amount of people, might even have days you could reserve your favorite spot all for your self or a couple of buddies. Be happy they still let you fish there.
Yup, I can see that happening soon enough Wes as Soowahlie has a young, bright and progressive Chief.  Mayhaps add in safe camping ... Good post ;)

Rustynuts

Let's encourage having to pay to go fishing that's a brilliant idea!  :-\ Indians are already blocking access to hunting areas lets start on fishing now too!!

Knnn

• Old Timer

The above suggestion was to pay for improved access and security to fish on their land, specifically reserve land.  This is not unreasonable.  I bet the guy living on the north side of the river at the end of Osbourne could do the same thing.  Charging or restricting fishing access within Traditional Territories is another matter and a very complicated issue.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict

Let's encourage having to pay to go fishing that's a brilliant idea!  :-\ Indians are already blocking access to hunting areas lets start on fishing now too!!

I don't think you have the correct people in mind, Indians are from India.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

Just hope for a high water to push the river back through by the on the way store like it used to.... or we could get an excavator to help with that. imagine if they just did one massive gravel excavation like they do on the rest of the river. Do it right next to where the river takes a turn at on the way and let the next high water do the rest.

Dave

• Old Timer

You want machines in the river while salmon are spawning so you can park and fish in a very small area of the river??  really?
Do what the locals do and fish it from the opposite side if you are concerned.

DanL

• Old Timer

River way up this AM. Visibility very poor 8-10" in the lower

Knnn

• Old Timer

River way up this AM. Visibility very poor 8-10" in the lower
Phew; derailment avoided. Back on track, thank you for the report Dan.

Chehalis_Steel

Phew; derailment avoided. Back on track, thank you for the report Dan.

+1
Should be good tomorrow, not a lot rain forecasted today or for tonight.

typhoon

• Old Timer

+1
Should be good tomorrow, not a lot rain forecasted today or for tonight.
Huh?
Rainfall warning in effect for:
•Fraser Valley - east including Chilliwack

Rain, at times heavy, is expected.

A frontal system has brought 46 mm of rain to Hope since last night. An additional 20 to 30 mm of rain is expected before rain eases off this evening with greater amounts near Hope.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc40#112050931582938554201410230502

ALBA CHIEFISH

Can anybody report on the water conditions of the Vedder this afternoon?

Looking to get out tomorrow (friday) morning first thing.

I didnt check the water levels this monday and drove to a very dirty Squamish  :-[

Thanks

Chehalis_Steel

Huh?
Rainfall warning in effect for:
•Fraser Valley - east including Chilliwack

Rain, at times heavy, is expected.

A frontal system has brought 46 mm of rain to Hope since last night. An additional 20 to 30 mm of rain is expected before rain eases off this evening with greater amounts near Hope.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc40#112050931582938554201410230502

Well one of our sources must be wrong. According to the forecast I looked at max 15mm over next 24h in Chilliwack and nice weather tomorrow:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/british-columbia/chilliwack

Taboo

Well one of our sources must be wrong. According to the forecast I looked at max 15mm over next 24h in Chilliwack and nice weather tomorrow:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/british-columbia/chilliwack

Nice!!!  I will be out starting tomorrow for the next 7 consecutive days hitting the river from top to bottom!!!!   8)  First opportunity this year and am going to go hard or go home!

dereke

• Old Timer

I swear the weather network has a big wheel they spin and what it lands on they go with. In my personal experience Environment Canada is consistently more accurate... Not always of course.
always a student

Walleye76

Can anybody report on the water conditions of the Vedder this afternoon?

Looking to get out tomorrow (friday) morning first thing.

I didnt check the water levels this monday and drove to a very dirty Squamish  :-[

Thanks

It's up a lot (2.35m) at Vedder crossing, coffee colored, if it doesn't rain much over night it might be "fishable" tomorrow but i wouldn't bank on it...