Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013/14 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 90226 times)

fishbuster

went out this morning, brown.  Vis was 6-12".

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

River is running high and is looking ugly. This may take a few days
The Bigger The Better!

liketofish

• Old Timer

went out this morning, brown.  Vis was 6-12".

Was the 6-12" visibility at lower river, mid river (rapids), or lower (below Crossing Bridge)? Looks like my first trip planned tomorrow will be toasted.

nickredway

• Old Timer

Pretty much throughout my buddy said.

Dave

• Old Timer

I don’t often post Vedder-Chilliwack water conditions but making an exception now because I’m interested in what may, or may not happen, fish wise, in the next few days.   The early run catch of hatchery fish thus far appears very poor; that, or anglers are not reporting their catches :)   The possibility of poor hatchery returns this year has been discussed here on this forum in the past.
Water conditions over the next few days will be optimal for catching whatever is present in this system.  The recent higher and more turbid water conditions are subsiding and I predict the water tomorrow will be ideal; early this afternoon in the Lickman Road area the water was very fishable and several anglers were working it.
I will not be angling but I sure want to know what’s out there.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:12:58 PM by Dave »

DRP79

Im going to head out tomorrow for my first trip of the season. Fingers crossed for some action.

Floater

• Old Timer

Been out 5 times already this year with just a few trout to show for it (not the ocean going kind) ;) seems to be a very slow start to the season what do you guys think?
[

mikeyman

Fishing has been very slow. Fished lots of prime water with very good bait. Nothing but Dolly's to show so far. Typically would have at least got my first by now. Really seems like u need to win the lotto to hook up.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Seen a lot of bulls so far, more than I've seen in the last 6 years. Hopefully it gets better as the season goes on.

Magz

6 times out.4 coho ,1 big bull no steel yet for me either :'(

Silex-user

Fishing has been very slow. Fished lots of prime water with very good bait. Nothing but Dolly's to show so far. Typically would have at least got my first by now. Really seems like u need to win the lotto to hook up.

A least something did tuck on your end of line. :)

Silex-user

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Seems if your looking to catch a fish this year, you might as well head down to your lickman and brown road holes.
The Bigger The Better!

farky

Seems if your looking to catch a fish this year, you might as well head down to your lickman and brown road holes.
Funny you say that at least 50 guys out in those two runs today,and no fish to show for the day and only a couple yesterday.

DRP79

It was a gong show on Saturday too. There had to be 20-30 guys on the stretch at Brown Rd.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

A couple yesterday. There you go.
The Bigger The Better!