Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BEST FISHING STORE!!!!!!  (Read 20403 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
BEST FISHING STORE!!!!!!
« on: June 07, 2004, 10:32:48 PM »

I know last year there there was that big cuffufle about fishing stores and people were saying babcocks is bad and everything but im not saying this to start something. Babcocks is a good store but i would have to say Jaymers is the best. They have the nicest staff and always the best prices. Last week i bought a bran new fly rod there and man did they ever have some nice reels and rods. The talked to me about every rod and reel and about what rod and reel is the best. THE BEST ONE IS NOT NECESSARY the most expensive one. He gave me close to 75 dollars off of it. My rod came with a life time warrenty which is normally 220$ but gAVE it o me for 190$ and my reel was normally 120$ but gave it too me for 100$ and i bought floating line that is normally 60$ but gave it too me for 40$ and i bought a rod and reel case that was normally 30$ and gave it too me for 10$. I was like wow thank you. Also he told me all about the pitt and how good it was for bow trout and when i go there to bring him back a pic so he could post it up on the wall. Also if you pay like 300$ for a sage rod u are basicly paying for the name and the rod i got for 100$ less is the same is it or even better.Because the guy that tests the sage rods after there finished making a new model tests the same rod that i bought and he gave the review better. If you buy something go TO JAYMERS.
weeeeeeeeeow!

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re:BEST FISHING STORE!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 10:56:19 PM »

lol you sound like someone I now ???what kind of rod was is for $220?the name?

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 05:37:51 AM »

Hi FISHER, thank's for the tip. I myself live in Langley and so I deal with the local shops here, some good, some not so. But Gill's Tackle is the store I do most of my shopping in. they have always been very polite and
super, super helpful. Yep, Gill's is the place, for me.

JigHead

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 06:59:08 AM »

My store isnt open yet ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 10:53:14 AM »

Berry's Bait and Tackle in Richmond

FishKid

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 02:44:46 PM »

West Coast Fishing Tackle is a small tackle shop but good.  Also Anglers west is pretty good but expensive.

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 04:04:37 PM »

I don't have much to offer about which stores are the best, but I have to say that I don't particularly like stores where the posted price isn't the actual price.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 07:09:55 PM »

I used to buy quite a lot of tackle in the early eighties from the A-N but have been dissapointed in the selection in the last 3-4 years ,used to be a bit of a sat. mor. outing look at tackle have one of those hot dogs and a malt with my nephew.
Re: Brian Babcock and the store those guys have always been informative and competivly priced.
Brian deserves a ton of credit he spends a huge amount of time helping out kids and is a stallwort when it comes to charitable donations.he's worked hard for what he got.
re; Jaymers good bunch of new blood honest, competative, energetic,good to see young people willing to have a go at buisness,  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 08:37:08 PM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

JigHead

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 07:59:21 PM »

OOo another cheesy answer. the best store is where i shop ;D

FishKid

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 09:29:50 PM »

I agree with Fulcrum ;D

Hiker

• I'm a good llama!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 11:52:03 PM »

Never heard of Jamers. Where are they?

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 11:57:06 PM »

In Poco.

http://www.tricityevents.com/b/bus134.html

Recieve 100% of my buisness. Jordan, Gary and Herb are doing a fantastic job. They have contributed greatly to events put on by this site. Donating prizes to cleanups, events and fly-tying material for me, d_w, Steelhead King and Chrome-Mykiss to use to teach kids how to tie flies. And also donating prizes to FishBC events.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 12:02:26 AM by tHe TrOuT sLaYeR »

otto

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 11:58:59 PM »

Highwater Tackle, North Vancouver

totally agree with you Doc!   happened to be on the north shore last year, and found Highwater tackle. left my girlfriend hopping mad in the truck as i went in and talked to the owner for an hour or so. i asked if he had any fishing creels, he said no but would order me one and go and pick it up!!! came back about 3 hours later and he handed it to me!! ended up buying a new baitcaster rod too (highwater classic - graphite) got a great price on both, and great service.............due to me owing taxes, i have'nt bought anything this year  :'(  , but will buy a new flyrod soon from highwater!!!!!!!

by the way Dr, nice to meet you finally today!!   8)

d_w

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2004, 07:11:13 PM »

In Poco.

http://www.tricityevents.com/b/bus134.html

Recieve 100% of my buisness. Jordan, Gary and Herb are doing a fantastic job. They have contributed greatly to events put on by this site. Donating prizes to cleanups, events and fly-tying material for me, d_w, Steelhead King and Chrome-Mykiss to use to teach kids how to tie flies. And also donating prizes to FishBC events.

Great group of guys :)
Fishing Is life the rest Is just details

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2004, 08:45:23 PM »

Walmart...fairly cheap prices, no one bugs you, nice yellow rain jackets that I don't find at the other stores ;D

Many moons ago I made the mistake of wearing a yellow rain coat. ???

Nick saw me fishing with it on and said every fish in the Fraser Valley could also see me. ;D ;D ;D

Lesson learned.