Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rubber coating bouncing bettys  (Read 4629 times)

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
rubber coating bouncing bettys
« on: June 17, 2004, 12:19:14 AM »

Hi,
Can someone tell me how to coat the connon balls with the rubber coating that I see in the stores?  I make my own weight from do-it molds but I dont know where to find those rubber coating.  Any help would be great thanks.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re:rubber coating bouncing bettys
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 12:34:25 AM »

There is a product called Plastic Dip available from the Home Depot.  Just apply it to your cannon balls. The finished product will look like the rubber coating you find on the handle of pliers. Hope that helps !

gmoney

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 03:07:05 AM »

Thanks I will give that a try,  I was looking on the net and was wondering if, rubber latex would also work?

sassyboy

• Mining for Chrome
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 07:00:56 PM »

Why bother?

gmoney

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 09:49:43 PM »

;DWell I finally found it, SO far only 1 place had that rubberize-it.  KMS tools, in front of ikea in coq.  Its a lot of work just to cover those dam things with rubber but people say its better to have rubber on for protection.  Hmm sounds like sex ed class.,  But it does protect the line after all those cast over and over again, Its all worth it if i catch me a SPRING this yr....  IF you see a BLUE boucning BETTY that is me, hmm but than again I saw a store sell blue so I should buy Yellow, so it would be 1 of kind.  Plus everytime someone drags it out of the fraser they know its one of MINE....... ;D

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 10:44:49 PM »

The coating looks good and all but usually falls off pretty quickly. Before you make to many you should go test them out first and see how well the rubber holds up.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 10:55:08 PM »

I think it should be alright if Gmoney plans to rubber coat cannon balls unless he plans to bounce off the bottom.

gmoney

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 12:45:14 AM »

Hmm actually I myself dont use rubber coating but Im doing it for a friend that likes to have it rubberized.  Hmm since I live in burnaby, and im not driving to hope to test out the rubber,  I will just assume its like a bouncing betty, Which last about 10-20 cast of bottom bouncing.  But just for you info: a 14.5 oz can of the rubberize-it yeilds about 100 balls.  Cost $16 cdn tax included.  Ohh I can sell these to you guys....any takers? Cheaper than the store and no taxes, haha