Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BEST FISHING STORE!!!!!!  (Read 20401 times)

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
Re:BEST FISHING STORE!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 08:50:01 PM »

:D ;D :D ;Dgills in langley for me and when on the vedder its freds custom tackle. both stores have great staff that are friendly and very knowlagable of the rivers and tackle to use.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 09:10:59 PM »

Army N Navy has the best price for lures, going up all the time though,good thing they sink so fast ;D Freds seems pretty drift oriented, but I really like the new shop in Haney- Hatchmachers I think, family run and knowlegable staff, nothing beats a shop where they know what their doing and are willing to share and help others.

d_w

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 10:04:41 PM »

I get all my stuff from gills tackle in langley, i get a resonable discount whenever i buy something from there.

a good family owned buisness

www.gills-fishing.com
Fishing Is life the rest Is just details

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 11:08:48 AM »

I've gotta say that I've been going to Babcock's since Brian opened and he's always been good to me.  As for Jaymers...thank god they have new ownership.  I go there when Babcock's is out of stuff and the previous ownership sucked.  The new guy's that are there are very helpful and personalble.  

Look out Brian I may be changing stores.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 11:10:12 AM »

By the way...
Jamers is on the South West corner of Lougheed Hwy & Shaughnessy in POCO.

pinkwool

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2004, 01:11:44 PM »

Was at the Berry's Bait & Tackle yesterday. What a big disappointment :( :( :(
If it's not a sale I would not go to that store again. You can never find there what you need. The salmon season is about to fire and they do not have their stocks replenished! They used to have a good selection of swivels in bulk packages, and now they told me they discontinued them. They only carry now 6 packs. Yes, it's good for starters, but too expensive for me. And I called the manufacturer Delta Tackle Co. Ltd., which is still in business and carries all I need. ??? Also, I couldn't find small spin & glo's of size and color I need. Only the smallest size is available.

Question to posters: Did you ever find all you need in one store? If no, can such a store be created in a Lower Mainland?

I'll try to talk to the owner of the new store in Burnaby on Imperial and see if he can help me. :)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 01:40:53 PM »

What's the new store in BBY on Imperial?

pinkwool

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2004, 02:15:48 PM »

Haven't been there yet, but it's located at Imperial and Kingsway on the west end of Imperial, and I think it's north side. Will post the exact report tomorrow.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2004, 07:19:59 PM »

I think it's called Royal Sportsman or coachman or something like that.  Was in there today and he doesn't have a lot of stock at the moment.  He said in a couple of weeks he should have most of his stuff in.  Seems like a nice enough guy and is willing to deal on some stuff.  I was looking at an Okuma Nitryx 400 reel that he had priced for $149.99 but he said he could knock off $15.00 if I was interested.  
President Club S. C. & P.

pinkwool

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2004, 08:56:25 PM »

I looked at that reel today. A cheap version of Shimano Calcutta 400. Don't be fulled by 5 bearings. It sounded too noisy comparing to 6500 C3 and did less turns on one handle push. To disassemble you need to pry out the plastic cover on the handle. After 20 or so iterations the cover will not click back. The leverwinder is made of plastic, which, I think, will break on several big spring runs. Where you would get spare parts? No wonder it costs $79 on cabels.com

Mister Twister

• There's no head like steelhead!
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2004, 09:29:21 AM »

Re: Okuma reel Nitryx x400.
Okuma fully backs all their products with a one year warranty and parts are fully available through Mike's Reel Repairs who is also the authorized warranty centre.
As far as selling it for $79.99 at CABELA'S.....thats all fine and dandy but you will find most comparable reels selling at those prices there......that said you need to add 14.5% sales tax, 6.5% duty, exchange for U.S. dollars and Canada Posts $5.00 charge.......all that totals close to $142.00 dollars landed here.
If you end up with a defective reel rest assured you will not be left in the lurch......we will take care of you!
Okuma is the second largest manufacturer of fishing reels in the world and we stand behind our products.

disclaimer: I am the Rep for Okuma in B.C and would be glad to offer any assistance to consumers who have any trouble with our product.
I can be reached at sabata@beer.com

Brad Moore

Thanks
MT ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 11:03:15 AM by Mister Twister »

pinkwool

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2004, 09:58:42 AM »

I've dealt with Mike. He charges whatever he likes for those parts, and there is no price listing for parts. Imagine paing $2.99 for ONE small white spool breaker for Abu 6500 C3, while other (Ross) charges only $1.99 for a PAIR. I will not go into other comparisons, which could be up to 50% less ;D

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2004, 10:54:46 AM »

Okuma is the second largest manufacturer of fishing reels in the world and we stand behind our products.

Thanks
MT ;D

Let's try to add disclaimers in when we're working for a company that might have a vested interest.  It helps all involved know where a guy is coming from.

Mister Twister

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2004, 11:04:39 AM »

Thanks
MT ;D

Let's try to add disclaimers in when we're working for a company that might have a vested interest.  It helps all involved know where a guy is coming from.

Sorry to offend.......disclaimer is in and noted
Thanks,
Brad Moore

Mister Twister

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2004, 11:22:30 AM »

I've dealt with Mike. He charges whatever he likes for those parts, and there is no price listing for parts. Imagine paing $2.99 for ONE small white spool breaker for Abu 6500 C3, while other (Ross) charges only $1.99 for a PAIR. I will not go into other comparisons, which could be up to 50% less ;D
Well Mikes Reel repairs are open six days a week and carries alot more inventory than anyone in this province to be sure.
As far as costs are concerned Mike is dealing with a fair amount more overhead and provides excellent service and is in constant contact with myself and other Fishing Tackle reps giving us feedback and info on our products so that we may improve upon them and help with any customer service or warranty questions.
Okuma provides a full one year warranty on reels and you would not have to pay for warranty repairs during that time.
Talk to Mike with your concerns and you will find him very reasonable to deal with and will work with you and your concerns......Mikes Reel Repairs 604-855-1119

Thanks,
Brad Moore