Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hey white dude !  (Read 8599 times)

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
hey white dude !
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »

so after a long hot week of work and not wanting to cook or bbq, we decided to go to the boston pizza up the street !

as were are leaving this person says hey white dude r u leaving , I respond yes, dude says cool I'll take your spot
I said ok !

It wasn't til I got home till I thought to my self... hhmm that was kinda racist !

If I had said to him in a reversed roll, hey (what ever race) I might of got stabbed or had the cops called on me, or they wouldn't of cared !

just never known what that felt like till now !

still really don't really know what to think

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: hey white dude !
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 09:26:30 PM »

you should have said cool (insert race here) dude. seems only fair. thats what i would have done.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:39:38 PM »

I wouldn't have cared.  I don't think anyone should've, personally, in that context.

Danube Boy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »

His comment was wrong not racist, as we are beige not white.

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »

I don't think someone calling me white dude, cracker or anything else would bother me, that being said I have never really been subjected to constant prejudice...just nasty name calling and that I really could care less about, probably deserved some of it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:11:59 PM by minnie-me »

Fillibert

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »

IMO this is kinda why we HAVE racism still. He didn't think anything of it until he analyzed it and thought about it. If people got offended less when race comes up... Unless the guy DID want to insult a white guy all he did was bring up an obvious physical description. And on that subject I never got "black" as racist... it's skin color. African-American IS a race, so why is that not racist. Considering 99% of African Americans never set foot in Africa or plan to... Imagine if "white" ppl were called European-Americans that would be funny and prove how stupid most "racist" comments are.
IMO if it's not meant to insult someone (i.e. it's just a fact) then forget about it and move on

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 11:21:02 PM »

so after a long hot week of work and not wanting to cook or bbq, we decided to go to the boston pizza up the street !

as were are leaving this person says hey white dude r u leaving , I respond yes, dude says cool I'll take your spot
I said ok !

It wasn't til I got home till I thought to my self... hhmm that was kinda racist !

If I had said to him in a reversed roll, hey (what ever race) I might of got stabbed or had the cops called on me, or they wouldn't of cared !

just never known what that felt like till now !

still really don't really know what to think
Fack that's funny. I never been called a "white dude". Im thinking maybe us "whites" are becoming a minority in some parts of the lower mainland now. In Richmond you have the Chinese and Surrey has the East Indians. I was down in California recently and it seemed to me the majority of people in certain parts of LA were Mexicans. I guess we don't reproduce as fast. To me it would be unimaginable to leave my origin and move to a foreign country...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 11:30:14 PM »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 11:33:28 PM »

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 07:33:09 AM »

Speaking as the son of an Irish catholic rover from Belfast,with a black uncle and a black nephew I have to say both these videos I find hilarious.They also give me hope.They also make me proud of the way we try to do things in my country even though we sometimes fall short of our intentions.Being a white guy has had its challenges for me as well as great advantage.Viva la difference!
Riverman

yoda

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 07:53:50 AM »

That was too funny rod.! I really liked how he uses his facial and hand motions to mimick his own race.
I don't think anyone is white. Have a look at the background on this screen, that is white. If you are this colour
you are in serious trouble(ha ha)

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »

Get over it!

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »

you should have said cool (insert race here) dude. seems only fair.

^^This.  ;D ;D Oh well, there's always next time...
A rig out of water catches no fish.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »

long time ago, I use to go into the Fraser Arms quite regularly to meet my Bro, then not unusual to hear "hey whitey" being called out, after the regulars figured out who my Bro was, they still used it, but with a different tone!
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »

Oxford definition of racism:

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races: theories of racism

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:

Pointing out a difference doesn't make that person racist.  Believing that you're better than them on the basis of that difference makes you racist. But since we've become so overly sensitized to the possibility that we might be viewed as racist, we tend to shy away from anything that might remotely resemble a racist remark, it's really hard to have an intelligent conversation about it.  Russell Peters does it better than most by using humour...
President Club S. C. & P.