Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1309152 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2205 on: May 28, 2016, 07:37:36 AM »

The boys aren't hiding Chris, just waiting for the rest of the story from Miller-Saunders. When it does come out you will see another Almo fail ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2207 on: May 28, 2016, 02:46:15 PM »

The boys aren't hiding Chris, just waiting for the rest of the story from Miller-Saunders. When it does come out you will see another Almo fail ;)
Of course you are going to say that, I am pretty sure their further report will be having no political interference now but stranger things do happen when a lot of money is at stake. :-\

Of course no one can deny all the problems in other countries but the PAP gang always pick that apart too.

We have requested a meeting with Tooto on the Caravan, but have not heard back. The Wild Salmon Caravan is going to be great, it is too bad you miss out on it because of your narrow views.

I think the chap in Kamloops will be lurking in the shadows when we pass through, I hope he takes the time to come an introduce himself to us. ;D ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2208 on: May 28, 2016, 03:41:32 PM »

The Wild Salmon Caravan is going to be great, it is too bad you miss out on it because of your narrow views.
::)
Perhaps if more focus was on real issues and not witch hunts I would be interested.  Whatever, fill 'yer boots.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2209 on: May 29, 2016, 09:13:59 AM »

Dave what's your opinion on Cooke's takeover of Icicle? I'm not trolling, but I am curious about your thoughts.
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2210 on: May 29, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »

::)
Perhaps if more focus was on real issues and not witch hunts I would be interested.  Whatever, fill 'yer boots.
You can always work on dealing with what you say is "the real issues", let us know what you plan to do and maybe others will help you out too.
Oh and we will be in Abbotsford today getting ready for the Wild Salmon Caravan, I will ask Eddie to sing your favorite song, the shoppers love it too. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 09:27:23 AM by chris gadsden »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2211 on: May 30, 2016, 09:42:09 AM »

Hey Chris, count how many endangered early run Fraser chinooks are consumed by all the salmon warriors during this effort to save them.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2212 on: May 30, 2016, 09:45:31 AM »

Dave what's your opinion on Cooke's takeover of Icicle? I'm not trolling, but I am curious about your thoughts.
Sorry Bill, I have not followed this takeover so have no comments.  How about your thoughts as this is more your area of expertise, being as you have history there.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2213 on: May 31, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »

Sorry Bill, I have not followed this takeover so have no comments.  How about your thoughts as this is more your area of expertise, being as you have history there.

The above nuggets, these below show a pretty callous approach. They may not be the worst, but they aren't far down the list. Wild Atlantic salmon are nearly extinct , so somehow I don't feel these guys should be getting all the coddling they get. I have a sneaking suspicion there's probably something behind the collapse of the lobster fisheries that used to thrive in the area of the Saddle Island site that my family fished for generations. As far as I know, the area is still pretty barren of lobster.

http://southcoasttoday.ca/content/more-troubles-cooke-aqua-product-recall-do-not-buy-notice-farmed-salmon-loan-demands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFSjxA96Dn0

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2214 on: June 01, 2016, 11:13:45 AM »

Hey Chris, count how many endangered early run Fraser chinooks are consumed by all the salmon warriors during this effort to save them.
As usual you avoid the question I asked of you on a earlier post "You can always work on dealing with what you say is "the real issues", let us know what you plan to do and maybe others will help you out too." :-[
Beako begone. ;D ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2215 on: June 05, 2016, 08:53:21 PM »

I notice a lot of silence on Cooke as well.... C'mon Dave, I had you figured as objective.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2216 on: June 06, 2016, 10:40:23 AM »

I notice a lot of silence on Cooke as well.... C'mon Dave, I had you figured as objective.

Ha ha!  I think I am as well but as I said I don't really follow fish farming in other areas; just here on the West coast.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2217 on: June 08, 2016, 01:58:34 PM »

Ha ha!  I think I am as well but as I said I don't really follow fish farming in other areas; just here on the West coast.

You might want to bone up on them. They're going to be making some plays out here.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2219 on: June 12, 2016, 08:12:11 PM »