Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Judgement Day For Don  (Read 15500 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Judgement Day For Don
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:03:44 PM »

Good news from Don. Just great news.  ;D ;D ;D

I won!!! Cermaq's case is dismissed. Read judgment online via http://donstaniford.typepad.com/my-b...

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »

Thats wonderful news Chris, just fabulous !!! Congratulations to Don and anyone else out there that believes in Free Speech.

StillAqua

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:08:23 PM »

Interesting decision. Guilty of defamation but saved by fair comment because of scientific debate and because he actually believes the stuff he makes up.

[185] There are many problems with Mr. Staniford’s credibility. The passage from his cross-examination which I quoted above, concerning what happened at the May 2006 Meeting, is but one example of where Mr. Staniford will twist facts to conform to his own personal view. Unless firmly corroborated by other reliable sources, I would not accept Mr. Staniford’s version of disputed facts, since his closed-mindedness and deep prejudices make him an unreliable reporter of facts. I have concluded that he will say almost anything to further his own agenda.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »

Interesting decision. Guilty of defamation but saved by fair comment because of scientific debate and because he actually believes the stuff he makes up.

[185] There are many problems with Mr. Staniford’s credibility. The passage from his cross-examination which I quoted above, concerning what happened at the May 2006 Meeting, is but one example of where Mr. Staniford will twist facts to conform to his own personal view. Unless firmly corroborated by other reliable sources, I would not accept Mr. Staniford’s version of disputed facts, since his closed-mindedness and deep prejudices make him an unreliable reporter of facts. I have concluded that he will say almost anything to further his own agenda.
Just maybe stated so Cermaq can feel a little better after spending all the money on this case. Freedom of speech still alive. ;D ;D ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 07:46:16 PM »

I haven't been following Don's blogs or whatever he does but the last I heard he had been given a bicycle by his Norwegian employers  ... to do and carry out the valuable work he does ;D 
Does anyone know, is he still biking around Norway?   Coastal areas maybe, lol

Bigger question though is as he won this case, is he responsible for court costs?  If not, all you people who donated your cash to this man (I personally know one person) should be expecting a cheque and a thankyou letter in the mail soon.  Let us know when you receive yours. :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »

Was a pleasure to help Don and win this case. We will looking forward to a welcoming party in the new year. What ia year it will be, the Liberals out and Don in. ;D ;D ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »

Was a pleasure to help Don and win this case. We will looking forward to a welcoming party in the new year. What ia year it will be, the Liberals out and Don in. ;D ;D ;D

x2 8)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »

I haven't been following Don's blogs or whatever he does but the last I heard he had been given a bicycle by his Norwegian employers  ... to do and carry out the valuable work he does ;D 
Does anyone know, is he still biking around Norway?   Coastal areas maybe, lol

Bigger question though is as he won this case, is he responsible for court costs?  If not, all you people who donated your cash to this man (I personally know one person) should be expecting a cheque and a thankyou letter in the mail soon.  Let us know when you receive yours. :D

Sour grapes Dave? Even if the court awards costs, they are usually a fraction of the actual costs of the defendant.

Congrats to Don and his fight for free speech!

Now hopefully Cohen will rule that the feedlots get out of the ocean......
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 11:34:22 PM »

Sour grapes Dave? Even if the court awards costs, they are usually a fraction of the actual costs of the defendant.

Congrats to Don and his fight for free speech!

Now hopefully Cohen will rule that the feedlots get out of the ocean......

X10

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 06:10:24 AM »

the liberals out? musta been short sentences.......or early parole ;D ;D
http://

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »

Staniford may have escaped paying damages (or more accurately, his supporters may have escaped paying damages on his behalf) but a judgement has indeed been made:

In her ruling published Friday, Adair said while the statements were defamatory and Staniford was motivated by malice..........

There are many problems with Mr. Staniford’s credibility. The passage from his cross-examination which I quoted above, concerning what happened at the May 2006 Meeting, is but one example of where Mr. Staniford will twist facts to conform to his own personal view. Unless firmly corroborated by other reliable sources, I would not accept Mr. Staniford’s version of disputed facts, since his closed-mindedness and deep prejudices make him an unreliable reporter of facts. I have concluded that he will say almost anything to further his own agenda.