Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Judgement Day For Don  (Read 15498 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Judgement Day For Don
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 07:25:24 AM »

Staniford may have escaped paying damages (or more accurately, his supporters may have escaped paying damages on his behalf) but a judgement has indeed been made:

In her ruling published Friday, Adair said while the statements were defamatory and Staniford was motivated by malice..........

There are many problems with Mr. Staniford’s credibility. The passage from his cross-examination which I quoted above, concerning what happened at the May 2006 Meeting, is but one example of where Mr. Staniford will twist facts to conform to his own personal view. Unless firmly corroborated by other reliable sources, I would not accept Mr. Staniford’s version of disputed facts, since his closed-mindedness and deep prejudices make him an unreliable reporter of facts. I have concluded that he will say almost anything to further his own agenda.
Still got the job done which is the important thing, many of us are still celebrating, hard to wait for his return, what a day it will be. ;D ;D ;D

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »

What job did he get done Chris?

Only things I can think of are that he managed to convince a bunch of you to pay both his living expenses for a couple of years as well as his recent court costs. He also managed to get away with malicious defamation but got deported in the process so that isn't really a win.

Other than that, I can't think of a single thing he's accomplished. He hasn't caused any changes to the aquaculture regulations nor influenced a single policy maker. The public, other than you guys, haven't a clue who he is; the only time he hit the mainstream press was his court case. His own fairly obscure blog where he posted the defamations doesn't count for much; it's nothing more than singing to all you folks who are already in the choir and doesn't attract any mainstream attention.

So what job did he get done?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

What job did he get done Chris?

Only things I can think of are that he managed to convince a bunch of you to pay both his living expenses for a couple of years as well as his recent court costs. He also managed to get away with malicious defamation but got deported in the process so that isn't really a win.

Other than that, I can't think of a single thing he's accomplished. He hasn't caused any changes to the aquaculture regulations nor influenced a single policy maker. The public, other than you guys, haven't a clue who he is; the only time he hit the mainstream press was his court case. His own fairly obscure blog where he posted the defamations doesn't count for much; it's nothing more than singing to all you folks who are already in the choir and doesn't attract any mainstream attention.

So what job did he get done?
I think if you have been following this subject closely like most of us you should know. ;D ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 07:46:33 PM »

I suggest that wild salmon are the most important species defining the West Coast culture and are the basis for much of the wild life that exists on the coast. If we lose them we lose much more than just wild salmon.

Don is only one person out of many that recognize this and are doing what they can to make the public aware of the forces that are destroying wild salmon.

Supporters of the feedlot business are not reliable critics of Don's efforts.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

dnibbles

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 08:01:35 PM »

Supporters of the feedlot business are not reliable critics of Don's efforts.

Which critics of Don's efforts would you consider reliable?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 08:23:17 PM »

If you read the beginning of my post you would understand that anyone criticizing Don's efforts doesn't appreciate that we must do everything we can to preserve the wild salmon...
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

dnibbles

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »

If you read the beginning of my post you would understand that anyone criticizing Don's efforts doesn't appreciate that we must do everything we can to preserve the wild salmon...

I did read your entire post. I agree with your first line. Wild salmon are a keystone species in the Pacific Northwest.  Your last sentence indicates that there may be people who are reliable critics of Don's efforts (apart from the "pro-feedlot" crowd, who you suggest are not reliable critics). I just asked for clarification. Please don't deflect with an insinuation that I'm not able to read a 3 line post.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »

Please don't deflect with an insinuation that I'm not able to read a 3 line post.

Just matching your deflection of the point of my post......

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »

I think if you have been following this subject closely like most of us you should know. ;D ;D

Actually Chris, I've been following the fish farm debate for a lot longer than you and in more detail. In all that time, the only place I've seen any reference to him is the emails from him you used to post and your championing of him. Given that low a profile, I still wonder what job he got done? After all, he had no effect on the practice of fish farming in BC or the regulations that apply to it. What did he accomplish?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »

Yep. ;D ;D

http://thecanadian.org/item/1763-rafe-mair-free-speech-salmon-activist-don-stanifords-victory-aquaculture-damien-gillis

"........... this Norwegian-Canadian Goliath allowed its own pride and bullying attitude to draw it into a battle it should never have waged."

Isn't that the truth!!

"In choosing to take this beef into the courts, Mainstream gambled and lost big time. Not only will they have to repay some of Staniford and Sutherland's legals costs as part of the court's judgement, but they suffered yet another black eye in the media."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:45:06 PM by alwaysfishn »

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »

Yep. ;D ;D

http://thecanadian.org/item/1763-rafe-mair-free-speech-salmon-activist-don-stanifords-victory-aquaculture-damien-gillis

Well done Don! According to Don's good friend and colleague Damien, the world is now a safer place for Eco-Salmon Warriors to ply their tirades................Though it was actually that old bully pulpit pilot Rafe that did that and Don just rode his coattails and other peoples' wallets through the legal system.

But what has he done for the fish Chris? What has he accomplished for the fish?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:28 PM »

Well done Don! According to Don's good friend and colleague Damien, the world is now a safer place for Eco-Salmon Warriors to ply their tirades................Though it was actually that old bully pulpit pilot Rafe that did that and Don just rode his coattails and other peoples' wallets through the legal system.

But what has he done for the fish Chris? What has he accomplished for the fish?
All you have to do is read all the info posted on this subject and you will see.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »

All what info Chris?

Is there some reason why you can't just tell me what he has accomplished? Do I need a to know a secret handshake in order to get the information from you?

gilbey

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »

All what info Chris?

Is there some reason why you can't just tell me what he has accomplished? Do I need a to know a secret handshake in order to get the information from you?
   Secret Handshake ? only if your a Free Mason.... which you are most probably not...