Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Judgement Day For Don  (Read 15499 times)

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Judgement Day For Don
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 10:13:29 AM »

Staniford may have escaped paying damages (or more accurately, his supporters may have escaped paying damages on his behalf) but a judgement has indeed been made:

In her ruling published Friday, Adair said while the statements were defamatory and Staniford was motivated by malice..........

There are many problems with Mr. Staniford’s credibility. The passage from his cross-examination which I quoted above, concerning what happened at the May 2006 Meeting, is but one example of where Mr. Staniford will twist facts to conform to his own personal view. Unless firmly corroborated by other reliable sources, I would not accept Mr. Staniford’s version of disputed facts, since his closed-mindedness and deep prejudices make him an unreliable reporter of facts. I have concluded that he will say almost anything to further his own agenda.

WoW Absolon, credibility, twist facts, close minded, deep prejudices, unreliable and will say anything to further their own agenda. Sure sounds like the fish farming industry to me. ::) :-\ ::)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »

Sour grapes Dave?

Not at all.  Staniford is a buffoon and as such supplies comedic relief to these issues; he and Ms. Morton are well suited to each other. Wonder if he will wear his condom suit again the next time he attempts to sway public opinion ;D

You being an astute moneyman must have been issued a receipt by Don ... uh, you did help him financially, right?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 11:35:02 AM »

Staniford may have escaped paying damages (or more accurately, his supporters may have escaped paying damages on his behalf) but a judgement has indeed been made:

It appears you are much happier about the results of the trial than Cermaq is...... "The ruling left officials at Mainstream Canada, a subsidiary of the Norwegian company Cermaq, disappointed.  ......... outrageous."    ::)

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 12:41:03 PM »

I can only surmise how miserable your existence must be if that is what you think being happy sounds like. I'd consider my comment to be a simple summation of the facts.

One can certainly understand Mainstream's disappointment when the judge acknowledges that someone who "will say anything to further his own agenda" did indeed defame the company and did so out of malice and yet that same individual whose "closed-mindedness and deep prejudices make him an unreliable reporter of facts" is not found guilty of defamation.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

WoW Absolon, credibility, twist facts, close minded, deep prejudices, unreliable and will say anything to further their own agenda. Sure sounds like the fish farming industry to me. ::) :-\ ::)

It would appear you have something in common with Staniford.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »

It's amusing how a win for the good guys brings out the insults from the feedlot boys......     ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 02:24:15 PM »

What insult?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 02:33:48 PM »

It's amusing how a win for the good guys brings out the insults from the feedlot boys......     ;D
The only insult I see is mine aimed at Staniford and because I believe what I said I must be innocent ...

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »

What insult?

I can see where AF is coming from, absolon.  When someone compares someones else to "Don Staniford" I can see how it can come off as being insulting.  The judge did describe him as closed-minded person with deep prejudices that make him an unreliable reporter of facts.  Ted Kaczynski is probably more trustworthy.

I think Don could pass as Ted Kaczynski at Halloween.  A little more work on the beard and a few less stops at McDonalds and I think he is there.  You be the judge...lol.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »

I can see where AF is coming from, absolon.  When someone compares someones else to "Don Staniford" I can see how it can come off as being insulting.  The judge did describe him as closed-minded person with deep prejudices that make him an unreliable reporter of facts.  Ted Kaczynski is probably more trustworthy.

I think Don could pass as Ted Kaczynski at Halloween.  A little more work on the beard and a few less stops at McDonalds and I think he is there.  You be the judge...lol.

I hope you are out celebrating BC Rivers Day tomorrow and maybe putting something back to the rivers that give us so much enjoyment. :D

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 08:15:50 PM »

I think Steve does that every working day of the year.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »

Note the job title Staniford wrote in on the right breast of his cover-alls, presumably to let everyone know he has an important job. Either that or to make sure people recognize he isn't the Unabomber

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »

I think Steve does that every working day of the year.
Good show, volunteer or paid. ;D ;D

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 10:19:16 PM »

Good show, volunteer or paid. ;D ;D

Although I poke fun at Don's expense I would not be doing this to you, Chris.  Despite our obvious differences in opinion with this issue I do appreciate the hours and hours of volunteer work you do on behalf of the fisheries resource in this province.  My father used to do a lot of fisheries volunteer work in his retirement years before he passed on.  I used to do more volunteering before, but working with fish and being a father of an 18 month old daughter takes up most of my time these days.  

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »

Although I poke fun at Don's expense I would not be doing this to you, Chris.  Despite our obvious differences in opinion with this issue I do appreciate the hours and hours of volunteer work you do on behalf of the fisheries resource in this province.  My father used to do a lot of fisheries volunteer work in his retirement years before he passed on.  I used to do more volunteering before, but working with fish and being a father of an 18 month old daughter takes up most of my time these days.  
Yes, I appreciate that family comes first and having a young child takes a lot of time, I remember those days too and now with 5 grandchildren and one on he way I am starting to realize that once again. ;D

This makes one want to work harder to preserve what I am sure our fathers both did for many years, enjoying the outdoors and fishing when stock depletion were the furthest thing from their minds. Maybe one day, our children and grandchildren will once again see those "good old days", that is if enough of us care and work towards that end.