Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 floss-out  (Read 69665 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2012 floss-out
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2012, 12:20:45 PM »

Rumor has it that Peg Leg is side by side with "liners" now too. ::)

It truly is a shame that people just don't care. :-[
Must be out in boats as the side channell is way too deep to wade.

LP89CG

« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2012, 01:50:14 PM »

Must be out in boats as the side channell is way too deep to wade.

I was there on Weds and there were a bunch of people flossing.... water is too fast for bar fishing. It took my 18oz weight downstream no problem.

It's only ankle deep

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »

I was there on Weds and there were a bunch of people flossing.... water is too fast for bar fishing. It took my 18oz weight downstream no problem.

It's only ankle deep
Not the main channel where people have driven across before out to the main bar.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »

People are not going to care what DFO suggests! Its not a surprise to me. Alot of these characters have no idea that Bb is unethical and controversial.Really the only place one hears of the controversy is on internet sites like these.The tackle stores sell tons and tons of Bb gear,so there not going to poo,poo Bb.Last time i was home in the Wack,I saw homemade street signs on telephone poles around town advertising Bb gear for sale. Give me a freaking break. >:(

joshhowat

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »

Ya the tackle stores need to stop seeing $$ and grow a pair and push people to try other methods. If it was up to me just close that muddy river for salmon fishing. There are plenty of other ways to get fish.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

KP

« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »

It seems the snaggers are looking for proof that other methods of fishing actually work.  With pics and the like.  Well  that's not going to happen.  I will say that for the skilled angler willing to partake of the art of angling " there are fish for the taking.  I have been bar fishing from mid august to now and will tell you my group has landed 8 springs in that time and had twice that many come and give the rod a dance without a good hookup.  That is the nature of barfishing. 
As for snaggers, whatever methods you are using, you KNOW exactly what you are doing and are hiding behind the legal definitions like a little sissy hiding behind ones mothers skirts.  I went through my own fishing quest using the long leader method and there is no doubt what is happening.  Many use this regulatory loophole to cover up a distinct lack in skill, patience or a sporting fair play code of conduct and see only the need to feed.  Get over the fact that in some environments fish will not bite.  Also be aware that given the right circumstances any fish can be enticed to take an offering if used correctly.  Most snaggers do not feel the fish should have the right to make the first move.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »

It seems the snaggers are looking for proof that other methods of fishing actually work.  With pics and the like.  Well  that's not going to happen.  I will say that for the skilled angler willing to partake of the art of angling " there are fish for the taking.  I have been bar fishing from mid august to now and will tell you my group has landed 8 springs in that time and had twice that many come and give the rod a dance without a good hookup.  That is the nature of barfishing. 
As for snaggers, whatever methods you are using, you KNOW exactly what you are doing and are hiding behind the legal definitions like a little sissy hiding behind ones mothers skirts.  I went through my own fishing quest using the long leader method and there is no doubt what is happening.  Many use this regulatory loophole to cover up a distinct lack in skill, patience or a sporting fair play code of conduct and see only the need to feed.  Get over the fact that in some environments fish will not bite.  Also be aware that given the right circumstances any fish can be enticed to take an offering if used correctly.  Most snaggers do not feel the fish should have the right to make the first move.
Im not sure,what skill has to do with hucking a 18oz weight out with a large spin n glow.Sitting on a lawn chair and waiting for a bite.Bb on the other hand does take a bit of skill,getting the right drift through the type of water one is fishing. Im not condoning Bb,but i do not buy some of your arguments.

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »

So KP it was ok for you to do it but now every one who does it is condemned and a snagger

Again I do not support this fishery but can't stand the double standard for those that "used" to do it but now know better.

Your worse than a bunch of ex smokers

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »

Again I do not support this fishery but can't stand the double standard for those that "used" to do it but now know better.

Sounds like a certain "Leafs fan" that we all know. ;D ;D ;D {jk}

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2012, 12:37:52 PM »

People are going to google about flossing their teeth and end up at this thread and be very confused  :D

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »

Im not sure,what skill has to do with hucking a 18oz weight out with a large spin n glow.Sitting on a lawn chair and waiting for a bite.Bb on the other hand does take a bit of skill,getting the right drift through the type of water one is fishing. Im not condoning Bb,but i do not buy some of your arguments.

Touché Dennis this almost made me spit my food out with laughter...
always a student

KP

« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2012, 07:02:34 PM »

I'm sitting here wondering how I respond to DT and EZ.  I sure wish it was as easy as D.  seems to think it is.  I've seen many whom do exactly what D describes and for the most part they do sit in there chair and the only difference is, I catch fish.  I think I would like to have you sitting beside me on the bar.  Might be we would get along just fine.  You would realize in a short while just how knowing what the frack you are doing can produce results which can be gratifying.  Then again you could end up being like most of the fisherpeople who are beside me.  They ALL  end up coming by to investigate.  I learned to pay attention long ago and I also paid attention to what some good bar fisherpeople were doing.  So I will leave it at that.
 Seems however that Mr Perfect (EZ) has never done a thing in his life which he now regrets.  I must commend you on that.   I however was lured to the dark side as an unknowing padowen.  I quickly learned how strong the dark side was and broke free into the light.
If the truth be told  in regard to harvesting sockeye as we know it.  I hope people are starting to realize that fishery is abundance based.  In other words you get to harvest your own sockeye rather than buy them from others if there is a surplus.  This year, no surplus, no fishery.  It is not a yearly recreational fishery.  It is a harvest fishery.  It should not be governed by sportfishing regulations.  Unfortunately DFO just doesn't get it and probably never will.  So the result is we deal as we are now.  Seems flawed to me.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21:02 PM »

Proof once again that red wool is the ticket ;)

Bandit420

« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »

Horrible. Is that the same sturgeon Rodney? I hope that sturge spooled all his line out or took the rod right out of his hands and into the river. Poor choice of a fishing technique.
If you're not fishing, you're not living!