Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)  (Read 74151 times)

absolon

• Old Timer
Re: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2012, 11:03:43 PM »

Well done Annie! It's apparent that you have struck a sensitive nerve as evidenced by the attempt to ridicule your petition on this forum and I am impressed by your willingness to meet that attempt head-on. I suspect there is more steel in your spine than is to be found in all of those who criticize what you have done.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2012, 11:36:45 PM »

I think you mean "assume" her spine is not affected by some of those dirty fish she's chowhounding on. 8)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2012, 11:51:30 PM »

I wouldn't call that thinking. In fact, I'd call it a childish taunt that demonstrates exactly what Annie was saying.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2012, 11:57:50 PM »

I wouldn't call that thinking. In fact, I'd call it a childish taunt that demonstrates exactly what Annie was saying.

" evidenced by the attempt to ridicule your petition on this forum "

yes really, good comeback

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »

Well done Annie! It's apparent that you have struck a sensitive nerve as evidenced by the attempt to ridicule your petition on this forum and I am impressed by your willingness to meet that attempt head-on. I suspect there is more steel in your spine than is to be found in all of those who criticize what you have done.

Annie's conspiracy theories about Morton are a lot more entertaining than the ones we've been hearing from you feedlot boys. For example....

One has to ask oneself why Morton who claims to want to save wild salmon is strangely silent on Enbridge and the tankers out of Kitimat. But wait her uncle Louis Marx Jr. is an oil venture capitalist isn't he and doesn't some of her foundation funding get traced back to the Pew Foundation ? The Pew family founded Sun oil and initiated tar sands development. Strange bedfellows for a alleged wild salmon saviour  but there it is hypocrisy at it's best..

I wouldn't be surprised if her next post accused Morton of being responsible for the failing world financial system and the lack of world peace.....   ::)  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

AnnieP

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »

Annie's conspiracy theories about Morton are a lot more entertaining than the ones we've been hearing from you feedlot boys. For example....

I wouldn't be surprised if her next post accused Morton of being responsible for the failing world financial system and the lack of world peace.....   ::)  ;D

Ms Morton's uncle is an oil venture capitalist. Not a conspiracy theory at all. Information easily found on the internet by googling Louis Marx Jr. He had several suspicious oil deals with the Bush family as a matter of fact. It is also a proven fact thanks to Vivian Krause and her research of US foundation tax returns that Morton has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from US so called charitable foundations. Her agenda is not to protect wild salmon at all. That is obvious by the fact she does nothing but slag farm salmon. Unfortunately of late she has taken it too far and has managed to convince people BC wild salmon is diseased and not fit to eat. Comments on assorted blogs connected to her dubious disease test results are not just saying they won't eat farmed salmon but now they don't want ANY salmon period. As for her and Routledge's claims about ISA that too is a falsehood. If you look at the OIE website you will find no mention of confirmed ISA in BC even though Kibenge the leading scientist at the lab is the one she credits with isolating the virus. Odd how her supporters can still swallow that story and not question why the lab doesn't confirm her claims. But hey Morton gets around that by calling Dr. Marty PhD a liar, CFIA are liars and so is the DFO. Seems everyone who doesn't agree with her is a liar. Or at least everyone unable to confirm her dubious test results. As for conspiracy theories that is laughable. The truth is on the internet. Morton's mother Barbara Marx Hubbard is a real nutter. Founder of Conscious Evolution  some new age religion. And according to her non believers will be culled come December 21st but hey don't believe me just google her on YouTube. The resemblance between Morton and her mother are quite remarkable. And did you know Morton spent some time studying with Dr John Lilly ? Yes the nutter who developed the sensory deprivation tank and also credited with doing the most LSD of anyone in the world according to some. Quite the credentials has Ms Morton. Thanks I'll stick to the real scientists and PhD's for my scientific evidence not some bushed hippy with credentials she alters weekly according to whom she is speaking.

AnnieP

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »

Amazing how Morton supporters can still believe she has any credibility as a scientist when she deliberately violated quarantine and bio security measures put in place by the world recognized Canadian Food Inspection Agency. No real scientist would deliberately violate a quarantine area risking the spread of ANY disease. Hardly the behaviour of a professional scientist but certainly the behaviour of an activist intent on wiping out salmon farming by any means possible  ie by spreading the disease outside the quarantined area. I wonder what Morton supporters would think if some other activist deliberatly violated a quarantine area for avian flu or mad cow disease. Would they applaud that activist the way they do Morton ?

AnnieP

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2012, 09:14:10 AM »

I've been playing this game for a long time and have learned that when they are stung their only comeback is an insult  because they having nothing else to fall back on. Typical, expected and irrelevent. Sticks and stones nothing more. As June Sharkey said " mean little girls and boys".

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »

"As the wife of a Marine Harvest employee"

Does this resemble you?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »

AnnieP, your'e a breath of fresh air.  Almost wish I wasn't leaving this morning for a week or so ;D

AnnieP

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »

"As the wife of a Marine Harvest employee"

Does this resemble you?

No secret and I'm certainly not ashamed of it either. And I'm using my real name and standing behind what I say publicly. When you want to make personal comments about me I suggest you use your real name instead of doing so from the safety of your fake user name. Like I said when Morton supporters are stung they come back with attempted insults. In case you don't know me very well those that do will tell you I am intimidated by no one and name calling doesn't hurt me. Just so you know
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:46:42 AM by AnnieP »

AnnieP

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2012, 09:57:10 AM »

AnnieP, your'e a breath of fresh air.  Almost wish I wasn't leaving this morning for a week or so ;D

Thanks Dave. Back at you. Nice to find a blog with mostly civil posters for a change.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »

For those who are interested, here is a link to The Foundation for Conscious Evolution: http://www.barbaramarxhubbard.com/site/

Note the Hubbard family crest:

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »

Annie, Some one is going to ask you this so I figure I may as well get it out of the way because as everybody here knows the anti's like to accuse the pro farm guys and now galls of not being sport fishers.  Another irrelevant idea that comes up often so if you don't they will get a feeling of empowerment.

For me the question is not a big deal but for others here I know this question is like laying it all on the line. 

Annie, Do you fish?

Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »

If anyone bothers to read that 4 year old link they will see that for so many reasons already discussed here, it's irrelevant to BC salmon farming and the issues surrounding it.

You know, this response has come up a number of times recently whenever someone new enters the debate (I myself was met with the same response a year to two ago), that "this has all been discussed before" and so is "irrelevant."  On the contrary, while this HAS indeed all been "discussed" before, nothing has been resolved.  In fact, after being told that same line months ago, I was treated with the patience for a noob to the debate, and was allowed to engage at length.  However, nothing that came out of that debate served to ease my worry or convince me that my worries were "irrelevant."  At best, I was left with the following arguments for the continuation of open net salmon farming in BC:

1.  The environmental factors are different in BC than in all the other parts of the world where open net salmon farming has had a negative impact on the local ecosystems, so we have nothing to worry about here.

2. The "old" studies are no longer relevant because the industry in BC has learned from those mistakes and has cleaned up their act here.

3.  The ocean is very large so salmon farms (which are very small) cannot possibly have a significant impact on the local ecosystems.

4. The decline of wild salmon in BC cannot be attributed solely to open net salmon farming, so leave the farms alone until you deal with all the other factors that may be affecting the salmon.

Even the sea lice study that Steve posted conclude that the sea lice infections of migrating pink salmon were ultimately reduced by fallowing the farms during their out migration.  Brauner et al. also ended their study with the suggestion that the sea lice infections at these critical life stages, while perhaps harmful, may not be as significant as other factors (as though having to dodge one bullet is not as significant as having to run through a mine field).  You know, I get that open net salmon farming may not be the only factor contributing to the decline of wild salmon, but no one has convinced me they have no impact, and while many here may be willing to accept the impacts they do have as "insignificant" or "irrelevant,"  I am not one of them.  Salmon farms are symptomatic of our failure as a species to manage our ecosystems responsibly; they are a sign that we are resigned to accept the destructive force that is human "progress,"  just as Dave, champion of wild salmon and steelhead, is willing to accept them as a necessary part of our future.
Not all those who wander are lost
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19