Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)  (Read 74156 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »

Another welcome AnnieP ;)  Great response and looking forward to more.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »

Welcome to the forum Annie. Thanks for posting your side of the story.

I was wondering if you are perhaps related to Absolon, as I find yours and his writing styles are quite similar.....   :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

AnnieP

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 03:33:23 PM »

I was wondering if you are perhaps related to Absolon, as I find yours and his writing styles are quite similar.....   :D

Sorry no relation whatsoever.  Perhaps we sound alike because  we are just like minded in our beliefs and knowledge about salmon farming.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »

Hmmm, I don’t see any similarities in their writing styles but do see a similar stance on the issue of Ms. Morton’s credibility; funny, a few of us here can relate to that.
Remember af, you once thought I was absolon :D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »

Remember af, you once thought I was absolon :D

Sorry about that Dave.....  I had forgotten about that.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »

Its ok AF, we are used to the anti's dancing around the facts and nit picking at irrelevant items.

I too was accused here of being  two persons some time ago and that accusation was quickly removed after further investigation.  It wasn't done by any regular here but when it was announced the anti's cheered. They loved it. It was like they had found prof of a conspiracy theory or something.  How odd it was.  It really had nothing to do with facts.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »

Its ok AF, we are used to the anti's dancing around the facts and nit picking at irrelevant items.

I too was accused here of being  two persons some time ago and that accusation was quickly removed after further investigation.  It wasn't done by any regular here but when it was announced the anti's cheered. They loved it. It was like they had found prof of a conspiracy theory or something.  How odd it was.  It really had nothing to do with facts.

It's unfortunate seeing pro fish farmers being persecuted. It's apparently a phenomena related to being a minority....

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »

Another unsubstantiated fact. You opinion maybe?  Part of your PR work here on FWR?  Just doing what ever you can to shed bad light on salmon farming?

Are you AM?  Just kidding. ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 04:53:47 PM »

Are you AM? 

You'll have to ask Dave.....   he's apparently hugged both of us.  ;D  ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 05:18:24 PM »

You'll have to ask Dave.....   he's apparently hugged both of us.  ;D  ;D
Sorry aqua, I can guarantee af is not AM.  I'm guessing about the same age and for sure the same hair colour, and sadly, the same ideology :D

AnnieP

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »

It's unfortunate seeing pro fish farmers being persecuted. It's apparently a phenomena related to being a minority....

I would hardly call pro fish farmers a minority. One has to ask oneself why Morton who claims to want to save wild salmon is strangely silent on Enbridge and the tankers out of Kitimat. But wait her uncle Louis Marx Jr. is an oil venture capitalist isn't he and doesn't some of her foundation funding get traced back to the Pew Foundation ? The Pew family founded Sun oil and initiated tar sands development. Strange bedfellows for a alleged wild salmon saviour  but there it is hypocrisy at it's best..

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »

Strange bedfellows for a alleged wild salmon saviour  but there it is hypocrisy at it's best..

Or good ol yin yang. Would be nice to know who's doing some good in your family Annie. ;D
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 06:33:15 PM »

I would hardly call pro fish farmers a minority. One has to ask oneself why Morton who claims to want to save wild salmon is strangely silent on Enbridge and the tankers out of Kitimat. But wait her uncle Louis Marx Jr. is an oil venture capitalist isn't he and doesn't some of her foundation funding get traced back to the Pew Foundation ? The Pew family founded Sun oil and initiated tar sands development. Strange bedfellows for a alleged wild salmon saviour  but there it is hypocrisy at it's best..

I thought that might prompt a response.......    ;D

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »

I often wondered why her name is never attached to any of the orca work being done allocating spring salmon to certain areas for the orca's.   Hmmmm ???  She's an orca researcher isn't she?  Not to say that it is right or wrong but for one who commands the attention of th public eye you think she would have said something somewhere.  Maybe she did quietly as to not step on any of her supporters toes. ???

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2012, 10:32:08 PM »

Welcome Annie!  Nice to see you put yourself out there and your position on one of these fish boards that has anglers that may not agree with you.

By the way, have you come across Ms Morton's latest lab results from those reoviruses and alphaviruses?  Seems as though that tent got pack up fast when she was asked for her lab results.  I know what you mean about Morton's blog being very selective on who posts on that site.