Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Greg Clark Memorial Family Fishing Derby At Cultus Lake, June 16th, 2012  (Read 12216 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

You guys did a great job again Chris. You all deserve a big thanks for the work put into the event.  Had a great time out fishing hoping for one of those tagged fish. Despite the weather everyone I talked to while out boating were in good spirits. At least there was no wind which is a big bonus to me when out fishing. Even walked away with some hard currency. :)
Well done, what a wet miserable day but I believe the derby did go well and was lots of fun too. I had to leave for the Island shortly after the derby to have a dedication service at my dad's church for some stain glass windows we had installed soii did not get a chance to give a brief update. George or Rod are going to post the winners as they have the sheeets or George has as well as more pictures. I put some up on the FVSS facebook page before I left, will get more there later.

I am still on Vancouver Island but I have the derby sheets and we had 153 differnt anglers bring in 805 pike minnows for an average of 5.26 fish per angler. Two anglers one on this forum  ;D had 75 fish each. There was 2 specially tagged fish caught and they each won $250. As well there was 3 tags brought in that were tagged by other agencies and they recieved $25 each.

A total of $2685 of money was given out $236 more than last year's derby.

Thanks to all the FVSS derby organizers, guides, those that brought displays, and the donators all too numerous to mention. Special thanks to director Nick, Frank, Ev and Dean from Great River Fishing Adventures for organizing all the guides and their boats.

typhoon

• Old Timer

What was the largest Pikeminnow caught?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

What was the largest Pikeminnow caught?
I was away right after the derby so did not have all the info but just got home and I see it was caught by Devan Orr with a fish weighing 3.76 lbs.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:42:58 AM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Derby results by director George. 153 anglers brought in a total of 805 Northern Pikeminnows at the Fraser Valley Salmon Society's annual Greg Clark Memorial Family Fishing Derby held at Cultus Lake this past Saturday.
473 adult and 424 youth derby entrants braved weather conditions that were not always pleasant, but nowhere near bad enough to dampen their spirits!
Prizes to a total value of $1800...0 were handed out, with the following categories being major prize winners:
Largest Pikeminnow caught by a junior girl - Faith Bostwick with a fish weighing 1.58 lbs.
2nd Largest Pikeminnow caught by a junior girl - Jada Lemky with a fish weighing 1.34 lbs.
3rd Largest Pikeminnow caught by a junior girl - Sydney Bury with a fish weighing 1.24 lbs.
Largest Pikeminnow caught by a junior boy - Tyler Prest with a fish weighing 1.64 lbs.
2nd Largest Pikeminnow caught by a junior boy - Parker Sutherland with a fish weighing 1.60 lbs.
3rd Largest Pikeminnow caught by a junior boy - Nate Kushnir with a fish weighing 1.46 lbs.
Largest Pikeminnow caught by an adult - Devan Orr with a fish weighing 3.76 lbs.
2nd Largest Pikeminnow caught by an adult - Siwen Di with a fish weighing 2.36 lbs.
3rd Largest Pikeminnow caught by an adult - Wayne Helmer with a fish weighing 2.14 lbs.
Hidden Weight by a junior girl - Kassidy Hewitt
Hidden Weight by a junior boy - Justen Berlinguette
Hidden weight by an adult - Cole Edwards
Most Pikeminnows caught by a junior girl - Avalyn Berlinguette with 4 fish
Most Pikeminnows caught by a junior boy - Owen Nelson with 26 fish
Most Pikeminnows by an adult - Peter Buck with 75 fish
2nd most Pikeminnows by an adult - Tyler Buck with 75 fish
The Greg Clark Memorial Family Fishing Derby annual trophy was awarded to the junior angler catching the largest Pikeminnow. The trophy was awarded to Tyler Prest.
An Oak Bay Marine Group 2 day chartered fishing trip for 2 was awarded in memory of John Payment, a long-time avid angler and supporter of the Fraser Valley Salmon Society who passed away earlier this year. This prize was awarded to John Michaluk.
Three DFO tagged fish were caught, with $25 being given out for each one.
Two FVSS tagged Pikeminnows were caught, one by Brendan de Vries and one by Hank Peters, earning these lucky anglers $250 each.

noxcape

Hey Chris you guys all did a great job
And it was great to finally Meet you i had a great time

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Hey Chris you guys all did a great job
And it was great to finally Meet you i had a great time
Like wise and you caught some good sized ones too, thought for a while you might have had the winner. Thanks for the secret lure, will have to try it, maybe enter the derby next year instead of working at it. ;D ;D ;D

flyrabbit

Hey Chris, thanks for the update. I don't have a boat and wonder if a belly tube would be enough for fishing cultus...And what kind of fly would work well for those northern pikeminnows?...thanks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Hey Chris, thanks for the update. I don't have a boat and wonder if a belly tube would be enough for fishing cultus...And what kind of fly would work well for those northern pikeminnows?...thanks.
Have seen them out there. Buck can share his secret. ;D ;D ;D

Not sure about the fly, maybe some will know. A bass fisher from this forum, ;D ;D gave me a hot lure but sworn to secrecy. ;D

Have more pictures on the FVSS FB page and buckeye has some great ones there too.

flyrabbit

Have seen them out there. Buck can share his secret. ;D ;D ;D

Not sure about the fly, maybe some will know. A bass fisher from this forum, ;D ;D gave me a hot lure but sworn to secrecy. ;D

Have more pictures on the FVSS FB page and buckeye has some great ones there too.

thanks Chris

noxcape

Green tournament edge 4inch tube with a bass pro shop tube jig trolled close
To the weed edges lol