Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Greg Clark Memorial Family Fishing Derby At Cultus Lake, June 16th, 2012  (Read 12303 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I just noticed someone reading about last years derby, http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=26898.0 and I realize the derby is just 2 months away, June 16th so mark that day on your calender if you like to take part. I know Nick the derby chairman has things well under way with major sponsors already secured.

Also Nick was out doing some tagging the other day, we will keep you posted when tickets are available. Here is a video Rodney filmed last year for those that may have missed it.  

http://youtu.be/yqgWFgO70Dc

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:06:52 AM by Rodney »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Tickets for the Greg Clark Memorial Family Fishing Event go on sale by Tuesday, May 15th as the derby is now only one month away, June 16. Tickets can be purchased at Chiliwack Dart and Tackle, Fred's Custom Tackle, Rosedale Mini Mart. Kent Outdoors and Cultus Lake Golf Course Bristo or Pro Shop. Adults $5 and children under 16 $2. This year over $10,000 in prizes. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Nick tells me he will have close to 200 draw prizes. If you saw the prizes in this bags last year they are full of great goodies.

Also this year all draw prizes will be made from tickets bought before derby day.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Who is coming to the derby?

noxcape

I'll be there this year about time I try it out :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I'll be there this year about time I try it out :)
Put your skill to the test, ;D ;D great prizes again this year.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy

I'll be there even though last year I didn't catch a fish. I think I've got the right strategy this time. Bringing the boat.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alan701

I'm really looking forward to it this time. Keep missing it every year. There is a maximum of 100 fish per angler.. how do you even catch all that? I'm guessing trolling with big flashers.

Every Day

• Old Timer

There is a maximum of 100 fish per angler.. how do you even catch all that? I'm guessing trolling with big flashers.

Sit in "the nursery" and slay with small hooks/chironies tipped with worms  ;)
Trolling won't catch many, but will catch more tagged and larger ones.
Can't come this year  :-[ But my buddies will be back for more lol  ;D

alan701

Sounds like really good advice but where is the nursery?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Rodney and I filmed this yesterday as a promo for the derby, one take too.,;D ;D
http://youtu.be/zvRXanp-MzE

777fishing

Hi are you asking people to release all other types of fish. I hope so  ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Yep, that's something should be emphasized of course and the society will have handouts of what anglers can and cannot keep on derby day. All freshwater fishing regulations still apply during the family fishing weekend. You have to release all the fish that you are required to release. You should also release all other coarse fish species (peamouth chub, largescale sucker, redside shiner, etc) as they will not be counted at the weigh-in.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Sounds like really good advice but where is the nursery?

Can't give away all my secrets  ;)
If you so happen to have a fish finder on your boat look for large schools of fish, pikeminnow (especially young) tend to congregate into large schools just off the bottom.

BTW the nursery is a spot where the young all like to hang out, found it when I worked on the pikeminnow boat  ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

worm suckin chronies.
The Bigger The Better!