Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: shaw vs telus  (Read 17539 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: shaw vs telus
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 12:50:22 PM »

It appears that both Telus and Shaw suck, and who you prefer really depends on who gave you your last bad experience.
I think the right answer is try them both, changing every 6-12 months to get the best deal.

Hard to do if you sign a contract with Telus like they require to get all those good pricing deals and freebies.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 01:06:33 PM »

Hard to do if you sign a contract with Telus like they require to get all those good pricing deals and freebies.
Really? My dad signed up with Telus a year ago (in Vernon) and just switched back to Shaw after the "promotional" period finished.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »

Really? My dad signed up with Telus a year ago (in Vernon) and just switched back to Shaw after the "promotional" period finished.

You can sign up with Telus for 1, 2 or three years, depending on the amount of goodies you want to get in exchange for your 'loyalty'.
Your Dad would have gotten a far better 'promotional' offer if he had signed up for two or three years instead of one.

There's no way any one can get 3-year contract perks on a one year contract.

The real savings are in getting all services (landline, internet and TV) in a 'bundle'.

Steelie1030

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »

I phoned Shaw and complained that my bill was too high and we were thinking of switching to Telus....it took all of two seconds for the rep to offer to decrease my bundle bill by $30 a month. Trick here is..you have to ask...good luck

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 04:56:25 PM »

I phoned Shaw and complained that my bill was too high and we were thinking of switching to Telus....it took all of two seconds for the rep to offer to decrease my bundle bill by $30 a month. Trick here is..you have to ask...good luck

this is correct. you simply have to take some time and customize a tv/internet package that is right for you. with shaw you do not have to pay for channels you don't watch.You can down grade or upgrade at anytime as well and you will be charged accordingly. by getting the basics and adding the channels you want you will save significantly. also get an internet level that you need. sometimes people have high int usage and have a very basic int connection and other times they have basic surf and email and have a connection that is over kill.

The shaw gateway pvr can support up to 6 tv's all in hd and you can record 6 shows at once. you can stop watching on one tv and resume on another. it has more VOD access as well. there is a residential package that has over 35 hd channels and the usual basic standard def channels and a gateway pvr that comes with 2 portals to support 2 hd tv's. price is 98.90/month.additional portals are $5/month. 3 yr price guarantee. no contract. after 3 years you also own the pvr. this price includes 50mbs internet  and phone services.i have this at home and very happy with it. the only channel that i watch that this package dint have was oasis and i order that for 3 bucks/month.