Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley rainbow trout stocking information  (Read 34519 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2012 Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley rainbow trout stocking information
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2012, 01:56:23 AM »

FYI, if you are looking for updates on stockings that have been done, then this website and gofishbc.com have the information for you. If you are looking for upcoming stocking plans, then the best way is to phone the hatchery directly as they have a tentative plan. Occasionally, hatcheries will let me know a week in advance which lakes they plan to release fish at. When that happens, the information is usually posted here. If you don't see anything posted, it means I have not received anything, so asking is no better than not asking, you'll still get the same answer, which is no answer until I receive an answer, from the hatchery.

With that being said, FWR does offer a premium membership that costs $150/yr and at that price I'll phone the hatchery for you when you have a question. Your answer is delivered in a customized html email with coloured background and font of your choice. Sign up now as space is limited (there are only 9 spots left, as Fish Assassin has already received one in exchange of ten meals at MacDonalds which I have not seen yet). :)

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2012, 09:56:56 AM »

This was hilarious:

With that being said, FWR does offer a premium membership that costs $150/yr and at that price I'll phone the hatchery for you when you have a question. Your answer is delivered in a customized html email with coloured background and font of your choice. Sign up now as space is limited (there are only 9 spots left, as Fish Assassin has already received one in exchange of ten meals at MacDonalds which I have not seen yet). :)

But this was hilariouser:

If you don't see anything posted, it means I have not received anything, so asking is no better than not asking, you'll still get the same answer, which is no answer until I receive an answer, from the hatchery.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »

;)

No catchable rainbow trout stockings have been scheduled this week in the Lower Mainland. The hatchery is busy doing stockings at interior lakes.

pwn50m3 f15h3r

• What a great fish...
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »

;)

No catchable rainbow trout stockings have been scheduled this week in the Lower Mainland. The hatchery is busy doing stockings at interior lakes.

Good. I'm going tomorrow so i hope the fish there are cleaner.
Someone was here

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

Stocking numbers updated:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/fishing_report/stocking_2.html

Spring's catchable rainbow trout stockings are now completed. Stockings will resume in late September. Many thanks to all the staff at the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery for making all of this possible.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2012, 11:16:36 AM »

Water temps seem a little wonky  ???

Deer Lake in Burnaby has the coldest June water temp?

And how the heck is Alice Lake warmer then the average temperature outside?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2012, 11:18:55 AM »

Yep. I'm not totally sure those temperatures given to me are accurate so trying to find out if they need to be corrected.