Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 60965 times)

DMW

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

River held it's shape with good vis thru some light rain for the 30 mins or so I was out there.  Surprisingly low tho considering.. I haven't been out for three weeks but I thought we got some decent rain in that stretch and thought the river would be higher when I got there...lol ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Subscriber
  • Old Timer

Visibility around a couple of feet. I thought it got better than a bit worse throughout the morning.

The strong wind was more of a factor than any thing else. Saw a fish lost when speaking to a couple of members of this forum. ;D ;D ;D

I had nothing in an hour or so of trying, broke off on a 20 pound rock so called it a day and went for coffee. ::)

chris gadsden

• Subscriber
  • Old Timer

River looked OK when I drove over the Vedder Bridge at 10AM. Must be as saw lots of anglers on the river.

DMW

• Old Timer

Vis was up an down today but nicely fishable the whole time.  Just left the river, been raining pretty good the last hr and it looked to just be coloring up a bit more again.  So tomorrow may be up in teh air for conditions... funny thing tho... we found some fish when the vis dropped to just over foot.  Was a decent day overall. ;)

the carp

Checked the river at Vedder crossing bridge this a m not up that much but the colour and vis is mud gray and almost zero vis. and still raining hard. Come on spring

chris gadsden

• Subscriber
  • Old Timer

Ugly it is, some wet snow falling at higher elevations.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:14:32 PM by chris gadsden »

DMW

• Old Timer

It has stopped raining... I even see a few patches of sun.. perhaps I go have a look around 4pm.

chris gadsden

• Subscriber
  • Old Timer

It has stopped raining... I even see a few patches of sun.. perhaps I go have a look around 4pm.
Save your gas Dave.

BigFisher

• Subscriber
  • Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Save your gas Dave.

Only if you fish below the crossing
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Subscriber
  • Old Timer

Water conditions still poor at 3PM.

yoda

Thank's chris, think I'll wait till wed
No kidding about saving gas, eh?

DMW

• Old Timer

Lol... I live 5 mins away.   :o :D  So, yeah I'll be wandering around on the river in the morning looking for a playmate!!  ;D

chris gadsden

• Subscriber
  • Old Timer

Thank's chris, think I'll wait till wed
No kidding about saving gas, eh?
It has cooled down this afternoon so I believe it should be fishable some time tomorrow, when will be a toss up.

DMW

• Old Timer

Well it didn't really rain all night as far as I can tell.  Just a little snow, as it cooled down to 1 degree.   The graph is on the drop, not a lot yet tho.  I'm heading out in a couple mins to have a look... I'll update when I get back. :)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Well it didn't really rain all night as far as I can tell.  Just a little snow, as it cooled down to 1 degree.   The graph is on the drop, not a lot yet tho.  I'm heading out in a couple mins to have a look... I'll update when I get back. :)

Gee I guess he went fishing  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day