Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213182 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

i noticed less people as well ...

I also noticed Fred's is no longer posting up how many fish are weighed in each day ...

with the rain forecasted this week , it looks more like I won't be lowholed every run .

good fishing is still to come : ) !
Fred's boys are most likely getting ready for the show in Abby, they will catch up I am sure. Post your question on their facebook page and ask them to update.

Its raining here now. I notice a little more color this afternoon than at first light.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:17:30 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions were very good again this morning, I was able to hook one but my leader broke during one of the many aerials that took place for the 2 minutes I had it on. Should have changed the leader after playing some fish on it yesterday. :-[

Pressure seemed light to me and only saw one fish taken and heard of another during the 2 hours I was out. May go out this afternoon.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

Wanted to go out today but had to go downtown to drop off client's RRSP contributions.

With the snow this morning, it took me 3 hours to get downtown!!!!!

By the time I was done, it was too late to drive another 90 minutes to the Vedder.

I am dying to go out to fish!!!!!!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Wanted to go out today but had to go downtown to drop off client's RRSP contributions.

With the snow this morning, it took me 3 hours to get downtown!!!!!

By the time I was done, it was too late to drive another 90 minutes to the Vedder.

I am dying to go out to fish!!!!!!!

No snow here yet.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heavy wet snow now on the banks of the Verdder.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Huge snow flakes here, Rivers not gonna look good tomorroe. :'(
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

No rain now and cool, the river should be fine.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River was excellent this morning but I thought it colored some as the morning went on but was still fishable when I left at 11.

Some nice catches reported, not a lot of anglers out as high gas prices are keeping some anglers home I think, especially those that have to drive any distance.

Tee

Many thanks, Chris, for the info. The gas price sure hurts us with the long drive from Vancouver. On the second thought, I use this as an excuse to drive out that way for the cheaper gas prices  ;D.
I only fish on days that end with "y".

1son

Many thanks, Chris, for the info. The gas price sure hurts us with the long drive from Vancouver. On the second thought, I use this as an excuse to drive out that way for the cheaper gas prices  ;D.
x2

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

We have had some rain today but river is holding its visibility so far.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

River held it's shape with good vis thru some light rain for the 30 mins or so I was out there.  Surprisingly low tho considering.. I haven't been out for three weeks but I thought we got some decent rain in that stretch and thought the river would be higher when I got there...lol ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibility around a couple of feet. I thought it got better than a bit worse throughout the morning.

The strong wind was more of a factor than any thing else. Saw a fish lost when speaking to a couple of members of this forum. ;D ;D ;D

I had nothing in an hour or so of trying, broke off on a 20 pound rock so called it a day and went for coffee. ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River looked OK when I drove over the Vedder Bridge at 10AM. Must be as saw lots of anglers on the river.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Vis was up an down today but nicely fishable the whole time.  Just left the river, been raining pretty good the last hr and it looked to just be coloring up a bit more again.  So tomorrow may be up in teh air for conditions... funny thing tho... we found some fish when the vis dropped to just over foot.  Was a decent day overall. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!