Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213185 times)

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

how was she looking at dark? ,thinking of heading out in the early AM
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

how was she looking at dark? ,thinking of heading out in the early AM
Sorry I was not down there, check Fred's Custom Tackle Facebook page as they often post water conditions most mornings.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:29:49 AM by chris gadsden »

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Sorry I was not down there, check Fred's Custom Tackle Facebook p-age as the often post water conditions most mornings.
no problem im already on the way to the river, the water level seems to be holding, i think it'll be fine , besides were going up past the clay banks.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!

Just came back from Sat.- Sunday fishing. Had 2 wild males to the shore(11 & 12lb) and lost one in the middle river :). Did not see any other fish caught.

bederko

• Fish ethically, always....

Water was ugly at the crossing when we drove over at 5:30 pm, weather was nasty all day today.
A river is never quite silent; it can never, of its very nature, be quite still; it is never quite the same from one day to the next. It has its own life and its own beauty, and the creatures it nourishes are alive and beautiful also. Perhaps fishing is only an excuse to be near rivers. - Haig-Brown

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

fished from tamihia to ranger run today. The water got uglier as the day went on, at about 2:15 seen a huge chunk of clay and trees fall in the river from the top of a clay slide between allison and tamihai  :o watch those clay banks, there givin way, and slippery as hell everywhere around them. Above the prison camp the water was mint, with about 3/4 feet of vis and a deep green colour but a tab bit high. Seen a nice one landed on the other side of me, along with 2 more lost. I had a nice buck on but lost it as i was trying to tail it. Poured rain and snow all day, and to top it all off my dads reel broke not even 2 hours into the day  :-\ Luckily later that day we meet up with a friend who had a spare reel, he got 2 in the morning at lickman.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Went out for an hour this afternoon with no success other than found another Drennan and 2 DNE's. ;D ;D Visibility was around 2 feet in the rain.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Snow on the ground this AM. ???

Jewelz

• I've got the bug

What's the weather like out there right now? Mostly concerned about the wind...
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

What's the weather like out there right now? Mostly concerned about the wind...
No wind at the present, visibility had slipped from last night, I thought the visibility was about 18 inches. Saw no fish caught.

Jewelz

• I've got the bug

Thanks Chris. Would the water clarity be better above Allison?
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks Chris. Would the water clarity be better above Allison?
It maybe will be above the slides, maybe the conditions will improve this afternoon below the slides too.  :-\

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe

i skipped school to go out today with my dad the upper was nice. it had a green tint to it and was prime but no fish for me. had fun testing out my custom kingpinimperial only one like it in canada atm.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!

i skipped school to go out today with my dad the upper was nice. it had a green tint to it and was prime but no fish for me. had fun testing out my custom kingpinimperial only one like it in canada atm.

Reading your post........ It looks like you should not skip school. ;D :D

HOOK

• Old Timer

whats the river looking like ?

thinking of heading out to fish ........ and get cheaper gas lol  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/