Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213089 times)

the carp

Checked the river at Vedder crossing bridge this a m not up that much but the colour and vis is mud gray and almost zero vis. and still raining hard. Come on spring

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Ugly it is, some wet snow falling at higher elevations.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:14:32 PM by chris gadsden »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

It has stopped raining... I even see a few patches of sun.. perhaps I go have a look around 4pm.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It has stopped raining... I even see a few patches of sun.. perhaps I go have a look around 4pm.
Save your gas Dave.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Save your gas Dave.

Only if you fish below the crossing
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions still poor at 3PM.

yoda

Thank's chris, think I'll wait till wed
No kidding about saving gas, eh?

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Lol... I live 5 mins away.   :o :D  So, yeah I'll be wandering around on the river in the morning looking for a playmate!!  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thank's chris, think I'll wait till wed
No kidding about saving gas, eh?
It has cooled down this afternoon so I believe it should be fishable some time tomorrow, when will be a toss up.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Well it didn't really rain all night as far as I can tell.  Just a little snow, as it cooled down to 1 degree.   The graph is on the drop, not a lot yet tho.  I'm heading out in a couple mins to have a look... I'll update when I get back. :)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Well it didn't really rain all night as far as I can tell.  Just a little snow, as it cooled down to 1 degree.   The graph is on the drop, not a lot yet tho.  I'm heading out in a couple mins to have a look... I'll update when I get back. :)

Gee I guess he went fishing  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions are favorable at this time, lost one and missed another, got hungry and came back for breakfast. ??? ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions good, took the day off from fishing. Reports I got today from most anglers fishing slow the last couple of days.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Condition again top notch today. Had a fish tear the roe bag apart, would not come back.  ??? Maybe he or she will still be in the run and I will give it another try after lunch.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was still holding when I looked a couple of hours ago, was miserable out there with the rain we had for a good part of the day. I felt more miserable by breaking off my third fish of the year  ??? ::), felt like a  good sized one too but of course the ones that get away are always big. ;D

I think I better get away from my 8 pound test leaders, especially when I have a nick in the one today. :-X :-[