Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213096 times)

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough

Thanks Chris. what is the river water condition?

rhino

• Old Timer

Mild out there but the wind made it a little tough getting a good drift on every cast but I was able to hook into 3 with the first and third ending up in the brood capture tube, 2 hens, 8 to 9 pounds for one and 11 to 12 the other, nice bright fish and both put up a good tussle before I tucked them in the holding tubes. I was glad I was packing 2 tubes.

Packed it in once the sun hit the water, besides was tired from all the activity. ;D
NICE WORK CHRIS! Thank you for all the work you do for the fishery!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks Chris. what is the river water condition?
Very nice, better get out there before the rain comes again. ::)

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough

Very nice, better get out there before the rain comes again. ::)

Thanks again, i wish i can be like you retired and live by the river. ;D

Jewelz

• I've got the bug

Was out there today, what a beautiful sight being out there when the weather nice. No luck fishing tho, but my dad did hook one but lost it. Also met a nice guy out there that showed me some tips about how to read water, I told him i was a total newb and he was nice about it. All around great day on the water. Hopefully back out there next week if the weather permits!
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Light rain today, water conditions still good, fishing not as good for me today, none for the tube but one 6 -7 pound hatchery doe released and missed 2 others.

Maybe will go out at last light. ;D ;D

DRP79

Looked nice out there again today. First time getting out 2 days in a row being that I took the week off work to try and catch my 1st steely but no dice. Came home skunked again for what has to be about 15 times in a row counting salmon season. Oh well, it will happen sooner or later, at least thats what I keep telling myself, lol. There are worse ways to kill a day.

rhino

• Old Timer
Re: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition upd
« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »

Nice seeing you out there bud. Keep at it.it will come.
Conditions were great when I left today at 130pm.slightly starting to colour a bit. My buddy got a nice wild in the upper river and there happened to be a tuber near by and we got it in for the brood stock.he was a good 12lbs.I did my usual hook up a loss of my 4 th fish this year and that's that! :P ;D :'( :D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Some rain this afternoon, water was holding at dark. Fished for a little over an hour after I took some pictures of garbage in three different spots for the City of Chilliwack who will pick it up. Two sites were a large dump of shingles on the way to the Hydro Bridge. What type of person would dump shingles along our beautiful Vedder River? :'(

In my travels taking the pictures I found 3 nice drennans, sure must be a lot of people using and losing them as has been a banner year in finding them.  ;D ;D

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

Comming soon to a roadside stand near you.

Chris Gadsen Custom Canuck Floats. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Comming soon to a roadside stand near you.

Chris Gadsen Custom Canuck Floats. ;D
Has nice ring to it but no thanks. ;D ;D

silver ghost

• Old Timer

Some rain this afternoon, water was holding at dark. Fished for a little over an hour after I took some pictures of garbage in three different spots for the City of Chilliwack who will pick it up. Two sites were a large dump of shingles on the way to the Hydro Bridge. What type of person would dump shingles along our beautiful Vedder River? :'(

In my travels taking the pictures I found 3 nice drennans, sure must be a lot of people using and losing them as has been a banner year in finding them.  ;D ;D

I know exactly which piles you are talking about! those have been there for quite some time now! there was also a fire pit type deal near that beach before the bridge, bags of garbage everywhere but maybe that has since been removed. I would have taken them with me but I had my hands full already and was walking all the way to the crossing.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water condition remain good but my landing not so good today, 2 lost. ???

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Sorry no report on river today as re injured my bad knee today, have to watch those stairs. ::)

searun17

• Old Timer

river conditions were A1 today
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.