Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213076 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

You suck Dave. :P I ended up enjoying a nice walk along the river this morning because of your report, ended up experiencing retirement life with Chris for two hours at MacDonalds. Water looks like green tea mixed with soy milk. ;D
Lol...That sucks... no vis at all?
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

6 inches maybe... Perfect sockeye condition. ;D

It's probably starting to clear up now if it remains dry for the rest of today.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

It's bright over here in Rosedale... what's the level on the graph? 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Level is just fine, rose an inch since last night.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Soooo.... did you stay long enough for it to clear and get some fish Rodney?!?!?!  :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions were good today, they must have been as I even caught one, be it fairly small. I guess a small one is better than none. ;D

joska

• Old Timer

thanks for the updates, spending the whole weekend out in the wack in search of steel.
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Just got a report from the river. The river is in really good shape with 2-3 feet of vis with a slight wind. The river is crawling with fishermen so if your are planning to head out I would wait till about 10-11 and let the fishermen that are out there head in for breakfast. The fishing has been good as the person that called me has lost 2 already lol  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Just got a report from the river. The river is in really good shape with 2-3 feet of vis with a slight wind. The river is crawling with fishermen so if your are planning to head out I would wait till about 10-11 and let the fishermen that are out there head in for breakfast. The fishing has been good as the person that called me has lost 2 already lol  ;D
Yes its like an ant hilll out there, missed a fish 5 times before I got it and went home of course. ;D ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Yes its like an ant Hill out there, missed a fish 5 times before I got it and went home of course. ;D ;D

I wish I was one of those ants out there, but my darn back is just getting in the way. It sucks when a permanent injury gets in the way of the things one loves to do  :'(

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

CohoMan

• Old Timer

Awesome day of fishing. Hooked 3 and landed 3. Will report later.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough

Went today, river is in mint condition.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Water looks good.  But way to sunny and windy today out there for my liking... I have chores to do that I have been putting off... So I'll do those and hope for at least no wind tomorrow! :)

typhoon

• Old Timer

Water looks good.  But way to sunny and windy today out there for my liking... I have chores to do that I have been putting off... So I'll do those and hope for at least no wind tomorrow! :)
Wind died down yesterday afternoon and it was quite pleasant after 3pm. LOTS of fish caught yesterday.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Mild out there but the wind made it a little tough getting a good drift on every cast but I was able to hook into 3 with the first and third ending up in the brood capture tube, 2 hens, 8 to 9 pounds for one and 11 to 12 the other, nice bright fish and both put up a good tussle before I tucked them in the holding tubes. I was glad I was packing 2 tubes.

Packed it in once the sun hit the water, besides was tired from all the activity. ;D