Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213130 times)

Dave

• Old Timer

Heavy rain and water is starting to show some colour when I looked a few minutes ago.
He means Canuck green ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Got ugly, I dont like ugly.
The Bigger The Better!

HOOK

• Old Timer

we were fishing the backside of Allison in th afternoon yesterday when it started to rain, left about 30mins after the rain started because i had a bday a party to get to. Both pipes coming off the clay bank were puking clay which is what coloured the water up very fast. water was crystal clear above the pipes and about a foot or less below them. Thank god we fished down lower while it was raining because clarity was pretty good
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

1son

rain is good bring it on  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

rain is good bring it on  ;D
Conditions were good when I looked at it this morning. I have been off the river for 10 days now because of a knee injury but this coming week I will be back out there, watch out fish. ;D ;D

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Great conditions! Medium flow with that steelhead green color! ;D

Steelhead Fever

The river is in good shape definatley fishable has a good flow to it with that steelhead green flow.
Was out saturday in the rain cloud sun, it rained cats n dogs the night before so I almost called the trip off, sure glad I didn't as I hooked into my first steelie this season a nice chrome thing came up for a look at me didn't seem happy about me jerking it up stream, snapped my line:( arrgghhh?
I forgot when you get the fish closer to shore they flip out n pull harder must have had my palm too tight on the cp which i'm still new at thought I was pretty good with it.
Just a reminder if you have a bad spot in your main line like a kink or just a lil flick you notice as you fire your line out, thats a bad\weak spot and when you do get a steel it will prob snap there so dont be lazy like me pull the line out a bit and do a re tie.
Also dont hold your palm super tight on the cp those fish r crazy strong, tink tink tink SNAP! lol  If you see a 25gram float going up stream? yeah thats her she took everything and is wearing a indian blade for the dudes.
Good luck everyone!
Happy fishing they are definatley in there lol.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Been raining here most of the night, river graph hasn't really moved much yet.  I'm going to head out there pretty quick.  If you don't hear from me in 30 mins it's means I'm catching either fish or a cold.  Or just that the river is in fishable shape!! Lol
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

joy-of-fishing

Any update of how the river is? Clarity? im itchin to go tomorrow

CohoMan

• Old Timer

Well, looks like the river must be in fishable conditions!!!!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Well, looks like the river must be in fishable conditions!!!!!

Toss up.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

I like to know too...thinking of going tomorrow morning.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

The water clarity is dark right now at 9pm, and will remain so until 7am... ;D I doubt those who fished today can tell you how it will be tomorrow. Judging by the amount of rain coming down right now and the hydrograph, I say it'll be dirty tomorrow morning but I have been wrong more often than not. ;D

GENERAL-SHERMAN

checked last night at 530 ish at lickman. the river looked to have 4 inches or so...  and it rained hard for a while after that as well as on and off all night!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

About 8 inches now, surprised to see so may out there.