Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scales bar.  (Read 19439 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Scales bar.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »

Cut out the reports guys!  If you're from the Fraser Valley, you don't like to share spots on the Fraser!!

Just came back to say that a customer of mine went to Scales yesterday, good amount of people fishing but no fish caught he said.

J
Most likely  would be slow as a lot of First Nation fisheries going on over the August long weekend. Dry rack fishing going on now.

chronic_topdawg

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »

Its doable saw some springs pulled.  Including one of my own ::).  Dont judge me,  Ive been skunked enough

goodoldays

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »

Well, well... All it took was a little rant and bamo!! Some helpful reports to help out a brother
That's more like it. To the few that bash me for telling it how it is, Whatever! Could care less about what you say about me.
We were all novice at one point and would appreciate some help. Gas prices and inflation have gone through the roof!
I'm sure the 223 Lurkers on here now appreciate the feedback.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 04:39:30 PM »

Well, well... All it took was a little rant and bamo!!

That must be it. Thanks for stimulating this community, because we certainly wouldn't know what to do without your contribution.

one more cast

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »

Well, well... All it took was a little rant and bamo!! Some helpful reports to help out a brother
That's more like it. To the few that bash me for telling it how it is, Whatever! Could care less about what you say about me.
We were all novice at one point and would appreciate some help. Gas prices and inflation have gone through the roof!
I'm sure the 223 Lurkers on here now appreciate the feedback.

Wow, pat yourself on the back. Better still, use a hammer on....... ::)

goodoldays

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »

That must be it. Thanks for stimulating this community, because we certainly wouldn't know what to do without your contribution.

Wow Rod your extra cheerful today

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »

When lovely posters such as yourself emit that much positive energy on a discussion forum, it's hard for any moderator not to be cheerful.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:33:26 PM by Rodney »

obie1fish

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 07:03:47 PM »

Kumbayahhhhhhhh!

Fisherama

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »

You know you're being ridiculous when the most reasonable guy on these boards can't respond without being sarcastic  ::)

goodoldays

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 07:47:10 PM »

You know you're being ridiculous when the most reasonable guy on these boards can't respond without being sarcastic  ::)

I know he's being sarcastic and so am I. I don't believe I'm being ridiculous..... A d*%k head maybe for lack of better words
I just feel that majority of anglers out there don't do enough to help out newbies, but quick enough to bash and beak them for their lack of experience. After 600+ reads of this topic the poster finally gets some help and reports on his question. Scale bar is not a secret spot but yet
No one can speak up? Yes Rodney made all great and valid points on the "Maybe theory" but I'm not as nieve to think that out of 223 reads NO ONE has been to the Fraser river yet. Heck more than half of the responses to this thread has been directed more towards me than Scales Bar, but you know how the old saying goes " the squeaky wheel always gets the oil"

joshhowat

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »

Ok run with this...

Is the scale bar a good place to go spey fishing....

Josh
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »

Never fished it and haven't a clue as to whether it is fish-able, and I personally viewed this post 220 times.  Sorry.  I guess I should have said something sooner.

And not likely Josh as it is probably too crowded to toss anything but hardware.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:36:17 PM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

salmonlover

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 08:34:10 PM »

I just feel that majority of anglers out there don't do enough to help out newbies, but quick enough to bash and beak them for their lack of experience. After 600+ reads of this topic the poster finally gets some help and reports on his question. Scale bar is not a secret spot but yet
No one can speak up?

I have to agree with you on this. I am not afraid to share hot spots or information being passed on by other anglers (i am by no means an accomplished fisherman). I was a newbie about 4 years ago with no help until i finally ran into a guide. He has helped me out a lot with fishing tips and advice. He wasnt afraid of losing a customer he just saw the passion i have for fishing, and wanted to help me out and still helps me out to this day. I feel if more fishermen were like this, a lot more people would fish properly and they would introduce more of their buddies and so on and so on. the more people you educate about fishing whether it be techniques or spots or issues in the industry could lead to dramatic changes and forward progress on addressing our declining fish stalks. just one mans opinion

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »

hey jeepseteve. i have been to scales bar a a few times when when i first moved to van about 5 yrs ago and was very new to fishing. I had very little success for spring salmon. although there are  fish there the atmosphere is very unpleasant, and it made for nothing but mostly bad memories of bad tempered crowd and tangled lines. I have not been there for some years as there are many opportunities to get into a spring without having to visit scales bar.try bar fishing as it can be peaceful and you can have a brew while you do it and you will be surprised how the bar guys out fish the bbrs.
My very first time fishing for salmon at scales bar was an interesting one. i did not know what i was doing and I asked for some help and it was difficult to come by. I finally got my rig set up with a red piece of wool and was under the impression that the fish actually bite this wool. A gentleman next to me was into a a large spring shortly after I started and I curiously asked what he was using for a presentation. he said to me "nothing, its better this way. they don't see in coming"

Just so you know a little about what to expect.

Good luck

goodoldays

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 08:44:27 PM »

Ok run with this...

Is the scale bar a good place to go spey fishing....

Josh

Hey Josh I would imagine that you could Spey fish however it would not be recommended, seeing how water is a bit fast and over crowded to say the least. It just doesnt mix well with the bottom bouncers there. Make no mistake... Scales bar is 101% bottom bouncing bar.
Your best bet is to find another spot on the Fraser to Spey fish.... I personally don't know of any because I myself only bottom bounce the Fraser river, but hopefully in the future I would love to try my luck at Bar Fishing it. I would imagine it would be just as enjoyable and produce just as well.... Cheers and hope this helps