Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scales bar.  (Read 19026 times)

jacked55

Re: Scales bar.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 09:34:57 PM »

OK heres a pretty rookie question but i gotta ask it because no one has even tried to tell anyone on here, where is scales bar? a lot of other talk but i still have no clue. Thanks in advance.

poper

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »

If he's Spey fishing he should fit right in, probably do well on the swing.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:47:37 PM by poper »

goodoldays

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »

OK heres a pretty rookie question but i gotta ask it because no one has even tried to tell anyone on here, where is scales bar? a lot of other talk but i still have no clue. Thanks in advance.

PM me and I'll tell ya

colin6101

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 10:27:12 PM »

Scale bar is on the number 7 hwy right before you hit hope. People park at the weigh scales and walk down to the river across the tracks. Most people don't like to answer alot of questions about these types of locations because they are mainly a bottom bouncing fishery and not one that is generally encouraged because the fish do not actually bite the presentation. For a new fisherman this is a terrible place to learn, it's very crowded and a lot of the people there have very little patience.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 11:37:44 PM »

I hit scale every August......not for the faint of heart but when it comes to bouncing, pretty nice water

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 11:53:43 PM »

So here's a million dollar question...

Which fraser bar do you guys think is worse, pegleg or scale?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011, 11:56:58 PM »

Well, well... All it took was a little rant and bamo!! Some helpful reports to help out a brother
That's more like it. To the few that bash me for telling it how it is, Whatever! Could care less about what you say about me.
We were all novice at one point and would appreciate some help. Gas prices and inflation have gone through the roof!
I'm sure the 223 Lurkers on here now appreciate the feedback.

i just went through this whole thread again and prior to your last post...i couldn't find anyone who bashed you... i believe you did most of the bashing.

when i first came across this thread it was 1:30 in the morning, maybe you got more response because people who knew about the scales' condition were awake to answer some of your questions.

mistermongz

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 12:00:19 AM »

I would say peg leg i have never been to scales bar but from what i saw last year during the sockeye opening WOW  :o :o  that place was just crazy...went there twice and those 2 times it was straight up gong show...
Fish on!!!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 12:01:31 AM »

peg leg by far...only because of it's proximity to Chilliwack's city core... however, scales isn't much better because of the gladiator mentally...if you decide to fish the meat holes don't expect anything less.

strobes

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 06:25:53 AM »

I fished both last year and scale was way worse. We fished more up river of the big bank on peg so it was less crowded.  As for scale bar it was by far the worse fishing of my life. Angry rednecks swearing and threatening each other. Constantly trying to get one up on the fisherman beside them by moving farther out into the water to wear they were almost chest deep. Never again will I fish the scale bar. But I will go back to peg.
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2011, 07:57:40 AM »

Gotta love that, this guy comes on and say fishers dont help fishers enough WAH WAH WAH...then when someone askes where scale bar is he says PM me?  Why so secretive all of a sudden?  Don't want to post the directions to the parking lot and have 233 people show up the next day?   

Maybe you do understand why seasoned veterans dont always post all the info they could or provide answers to questions they know.

jeepseteve

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2011, 08:08:58 AM »

Thanks for the replys everyone. i have fished the scales before so i do know a bit of what i am getting into. after fishing both there and pegleg last year id rather go back to the scale's . I saw a solid scrap at pegleg and a number for heated arguments from people cutting lines etc.

I'd love to tackle a spring but as i have only really been salmon fishing for one season im not sure of where to really go and try though I did tackle the vedder this past weekend to no avail. everytime i go and try to bar fish for Springs, all i catch is sturgeon! (not a bad thing though)

Anyways thanks again for all the replys guys , like someone said earlier with the price of gas these days its nice to have a heads up before you drive all the way out there.

mistermongz

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 08:17:23 AM »

if i were you just stay away from the meatholes during the weekends its crazy...go during the week or something if you dont wanna involve yourself in some heated arguement and trust me there will be anyways.
Fish on!!!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »

I fished both last year and scale was way worse. We fished more up river of the big bank on peg so it was less crowded.  As for scale bar it was by far the worse fishing of my life. Angry rednecks swearing and threatening each other. Constantly trying to get one up on the fisherman beside them by moving farther out into the water to wear they were almost chest deep. Never again will I fish the scale bar. But I will go back to peg.
Ah..let the goodtimes roll...

jacked55

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »

im not trying to sound un-appreciative i just wanted to point out that myself and imagine quite a few others that are new to this forum dont have the ability to PM, so even if someone wanted to, they might not be able to. So thank you for the people who answered my question in the discussion forum.