Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scales bar.  (Read 19013 times)

jeepseteve

Scales bar.
« on: August 02, 2011, 10:22:19 AM »

does anyone know if the scales are fishable yet?  I want to head out and try my luck next weekend.

goodoldays

Re: Scales bar.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:13:02 AM »

Wow, read 223 times and no response!!
I find personally Lower MainLand Fisherman especially Fraser valley
Don't like to share any knowledge of Fraser River when it comes to bottom bouncing for fish, or spots on Fraser.
They just complain about people fishing this way and act all tuff on these Internet forms like they are god or something.
Meanwhile they are doing it them selves out on the Fraser!
The last time I heard which was last week, scales was not accessible and river was very fast! However it is coming down quick and tonight driving over mission bridge it looked like it may have dropped atleast a couple feet.. Hope this helps you......
After 223 reads!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:54:11 AM »

Maybe 223 people, including myself (where is it anyway?), haven't been to Scale Bar this year and just couldn't answer the question? ::)

Lighten up.

goodoldays

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 01:13:34 AM »

I am lightened up I just find that this is a fishing forum designed to help out fellow anglers.
I'm sure out of 223 people, maybe just 1 Could either shed some light or help out a fellow angler...
Agreed that not everyone has been to scales bar but for sure the Fraser river... A quick " water is too high " sure wouldn't hurt
Don't you think?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 01:23:24 AM »

Or maybe, 200 views out of the 223 are done by guests who do not have registered accounts to post, and the other 23 views are registered members who haven't been there?

Or maybe, the 1 person who has been there viewed the post on his/her mobile device but haven't had a chance to post it?

Or maybe most members on this forum just are not that interested in flossing at crowded spots?

Or maybe...

Lots of maybes, the bottom line is you're just guessing (so am I, but I wasn't making a fuss about it) why no one has replied.

A quick "The last time I heard which was last week, scales was not accessible and river was very fast! However it is coming down quick and tonight driving over mission bridge it looked like it may have dropped atleast a couple feet." instead of that long winded complaint surely wouldn't hurt. Don't you think?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 01:55:24 AM »

I am lightened up I just find that this is a fishing forum designed to help out fellow anglers.
I'm sure out of 223 people, maybe just 1 Could either shed some light or help out a fellow angler...
Agreed that not everyone has been to scales bar but for sure the Fraser river... A quick " water is too high " sure wouldn't hurt
Don't you think?

a little less bantering of us lower mainland fishermen wouldn't hurt either...wouldn't you think?

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »

I heard it is fishable now and the flossers are catching fish there. Have not been there myself.Go and see for yourself!Not like its a secret spot or anything and expect large crowds.Not my idea of a fun time.

jeepseteve

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 08:13:27 AM »

wow, thanks for the replys guys, I wasnt trying to start a confrontation.   i'll probably head out there on sunday and have a look, if its a no go there is always the vedder...

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 08:59:22 AM »

Wow, read 223 times and no response!!
I find personally Lower MainLand Fisherman especially Fraser valley
Don't like to share any knowledge of Fraser River when it comes to bottom bouncing for fish, or spots on Fraser.
They just complain about people fishing this way and act all tuff on these Internet forms like they are god or something.
Meanwhile they are doing it them selves out on the Fraser!
!

You were able to come up with this just because there were no responses?  Wow are you Psychic or something?  There has been no mention of any Sockeye opening as yet and until that happens, there won't be many here from this forum out Bottom bouncing.  Not a commentary as to the ethics of this fishing method but rather the fact that there are other fishing opportunities available out there at this time.  Chances are slim that the few that are fishing Scales right now are also regular posters on this site.

As for the river levels, the BC River Level site is a good resource and the link is provided in this website I believe. 

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »

Don't you think?

I wouldn't beak the guy who owns, operates and moderates this site.  Kind of a "pick your battles" thing.

J
- John A.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »

Clicked on this thread to see if there's something interesting to read. Never been to Scales Bar.

coho65

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 11:01:33 AM »

drove past it yesterday,lots of people fishing.bar looked to be partially exposed from highway....

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 11:04:28 AM »

Clicked on this thread to see if there's something interesting to read. Never been to Scales Bar.
drove past it yesterday,lots of people fishing.bar looked to be partially exposed from highway....
Cut out the reports guys!  If you're from the Fraser Valley, you don't like to share spots on the Fraser!!

...Lower MainLand Fisherman especially Fraser valley
Don't like to share any knowledge of Fraser River...

Just came back to say that a customer of mine went to Scales yesterday, good amount of people fishing but no fish caught he said.

J
- John A.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »

I see that the generally unpleasant LML salmon season mentality and attitude is alive and well.  ::)

coho65

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »

combat fishing has started...........didnt know the scale bar was a secret hole!!!!!  ;D