Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 132607 times)

wizard

Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »

damien do you not think it's time for the canucks to start pushing back and sticking up for themselves?  yesterday I saw the Bruins push canucks around all over the ice, and all I saw was canucks players looking to the officials for help.  Time for them to push back.  How can you let yourself or a teammate let a rookie slap you across the face and not do anything about it except look for the refs to help you.  Enough looking for the refs to step in, fight back for yourself.

Also people are complaining about that raymond hit, when an argument could easily be made about that Edler's hit should have been a 5 minute major as well.

So, enough of looking for refs to save the day, if canucks want to win this stanley cup, then they have to be the bullies on their home ice.  This is the finals, you cannot call those chinsky things like pushing, let them play, and let the teams decide. All I know is the first goal will be friggin HUGE. May the better team win on wednesday night. 

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2011, 01:45:05 PM »

Marchand is 5'9. Sedin should have clocked him one. He was looking for a penalty but the refs just stood their and watched. After seeing the refs were going to do nothing he should have clocked him!!

Someone should be hitting Thomas when he is out of the paint as well just like the Lightning did all series. Thomas allowed 21 goals in 7 games against the Lightning by getting in his grill. He has allowed only 8 goals in 6 games against the Canucks. He can be beat its just a matter of executing.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »

Marchand is 5'9. Sedin should have clocked him one. He was looking for a penalty but the refs just stood their and watched. After seeing the refs were going to do nothing he should have clocked him!!

Absolutely ! Sad nobody came to Sedin's defence when that little puke took advantage of his not fighting back.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »

Sedin should have cross checked Marchand in the effin face.

Grow a sack.  And run Thomas at some point.  Glass, Oreskovich, SOMEONE.  At 4-1, or 4-0 RUN HIM.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »

i agree with all of you, i feel the Canucks are allowing the Bruins to take liberties on them...there comes a time when you have to send a message.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »

Absolutely ! Sad nobody came to Sedin's defence when that little puke took advantage of his not fighting back.

It's called a retaliation penalty. I bet if Sedin had of smashed Marchand in the face he would have gotten the penalty with Marchand getting nothing.

While I would like to see the Canucks "get even"., I appreciate their focus on just playing the game.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2011, 08:18:24 PM »

It's called a retaliation penalty. I bet if Sedin had of smashed Marchand in the face he would have gotten the penalty with Marchand getting nothing.

While I would like to see the Canucks "get even"., I appreciate their focus on just playing the game.

The game was already lost at the point. What is the point of letting him beat on you ?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »

The game was already lost at the point. What is the point of letting him beat on you ?

Isn't that why the refs are there?
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #383 on: June 15, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »

well it all comes down to tonite crapnuck fans, hope yer all prepared, to be disappointed that is, be ready for another BEAR attack, LMFAO....holmes*

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #384 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:48 AM »

well it all comes down to tonite crapnuck fans, hope yer all prepared, to be disappointed that is, be ready for another BEAR attack, LMFAO....holmes*

Bear attacks have only happened in the Bears den....   Tonight they are playing in the Orcas' playground...

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #385 on: June 15, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »

whoever's hungrier i guess AF, ;D, and bears usually come out of hibernation at this time of year and are VERY hungry ;)...holmes*

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #386 on: June 15, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »

I wish I had 29 favourite teams.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #387 on: June 15, 2011, 01:07:37 PM »

A prayer for canuck fans

Our Father, who art in Rogers Arena, Hockey be thy name.
Thy will be done, the cup will be won, on ice, as well as in the stands.
Give us this day, our hockey sticks, & forgive us our penalties,
as we forgive those who cross-check against us.
Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory.
In the name of the fans,
in the name of Lord Stanley,
in the name of the CANUCKS.
AMEN!!!

Van wins 4-2. ENJOY THE GAME!
 ;D ;D ;D

Damien

• Old Timer

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #389 on: June 15, 2011, 04:58:24 PM »