Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 132656 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2011, 09:30:02 PM »

how about this save

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=15&id=117696&navid=mod-left1

one of his many great saves tonight

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »

Like I said, he was solid
The team was excellent in front of him, Thomas was unbelievable for the fifth game in a row in this series, he hasn't taken a night off !! That is what makes him better.... You can post all the clips you want but the save off of Raymond with the knob of his stick was the best save in the game and he didn't need a crossbar to help him out, Lou was good and he needs to keep it going in the next game, I think you need to get over your luongo love and start giving the rest of the team a little credit

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »

Like I said, he was solid
The team was excellent in front of him, Thomas was unbelievable for the fifth game in a row in this series, he hasn't taken a night off !! That is what makes him better.... You can post all the clips you want but the save off of Raymond with the knob of his stick was the best save in the game and he didn't need a crossbar to help him out, Lou was good and he needs to keep it going in the next game, I think you need to get over your luongo love and start giving the rest of the team a little credit

TH

Well how good was Thomas when he let in 5 goals twice against the Lightning?

Give the rest of the Canucks credit? Well 2 goals in 3 games is not exactly lightning it up now is it? Hot goalie or not they need to find ways to score goals, thats what they are paid to do. I have no problem giving any of the Canucks credit, look at all my hockey posts I have given credit when credit is due. What I have a problem with is people who have no idea about goaltending, ripping goalies ( not just Luongo )

I say this not just because I played the position but because Vancouver is known for fans ripping all of their goalies.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:03:19 PM by bbronswyk2000 »

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2011, 10:04:14 PM »

Outstanding game tonight but hard on the old ticker. If the Canucks outhit Boston Monday night the way they did tonight...........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!  Yes it was team defensive effort but we only scored 1 goal and by a player not known for scoring, Rick....better look at your stats( :D :D), it's got nothing to do with Luongo love the team has to step up as well.  Even the experts are saying the Canucks are just not getting the A quality scoring chances on Thomas and lots of shots are even being blocked. Go back and watch Games 3/4 and you will only remember 3-4 really good scoring chances and the rest are shots that hit Thomas square or from outside that he could easily catch.   Luongo is not elite, he's overrated....he's got 2 shutouts in the Stanley Cup finals, comes back after getting spanked bad twice and plays well like he wasn't affected....are you kidding me??? He's no Thomas but he is elite in my eyes!  Maybe you didn't realize you were wearing rose coloured glasses.

YOU are exactly the kind of person that make Canuck fans look bad to others, a typical fickle fan!  I'll tell you this, I wouldn't be surprised to see Luonogo move sooner than you think and he will come back to bite us in the ***!!

LUONGO(1 W. Cup Gold, 2 W. Champ Gold, 1 Olym. Gold) ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!!....Chromekings

Maybe he wants Dan Cloutier back LMAO!!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »

I just told you I thought he had a solid game, I thought the team overall looked great, it was a very good team effort defensively and they had a lot of good scoring chances...... What more do you want ? I still believe Thomas is a better goaltender than luongo, but I know that the canucks are a better team, if luongo sucks I'm gonna say he sucks, if he is solid I will say he is solid

What the hell is " ARE YOU SERIOUS " lol
Get over yourself !!

Maybe if you two play a Lil more hockey and learn a bit more about the game you can actually discuss the game of hockey, luongo did not win that game tonight !!! It was a team effort !!! If luongo had been solid in Boston the series would probably be over by now, facts are facts Thomas is the MVP of this series and will win the Conn Smythe win or lose, do you understand what that means ???? It means he is the best player in the playoffs !!! He is giving Boston a fighting chance even though Canucks are a much better team. !!!!!
I dont even know why I bother responding to your uneducated luongo loving posts , I guess it gives me something to chuckle about

Can't wait to read your next load of nonsense

Cheers TH ( the Luongo Hater )

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2011, 01:31:14 AM »

great game from both sides, this is a great final series, except of course if the HAWKS were in it, still think it's goin 7, IF the crapnucks win will they be the first team to win the cup with less goals?, they are down 14-6,lol....holmes*

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2011, 06:25:48 AM »

something that got overlooked is the fact boston likes to play very grungy because they know they can't match the canucks skill for skill... even Thomas engages in dirty play and i can't believe he's gotten away with so much.

even though Thomas has made some great saves, he's also made some look harder than they were...just like hasek, he flops around like a fish.

what i can't understand is when luongo does well people give most of the credit to the D... looking at the stats i noticed a lot of block shots by boston and by watching the games, i see their D standing side by side with Thomas to help cover the net.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

something that got overlooked is the fact boston likes to play very grungy because they know they can't match the canucks skill for skill... even Thomas engages in dirty play and i can't believe he's gotten away with so much.

There are a lot of things being overlooked.

This is a goalie duel between two great goalies.  It does not matter to the Canucks or their fans if Thomas is better than Luongo.  Thomas is not our goalie. Luongo is our goalie and he has two shutouts against Boston.  I would say that is a little better than "solid,"  especially when Boston spends half of the first period on a power play. What matters is that Boston has been a better road team than the Canucks.  They have kept the game close and given themselves a chance to steal it on a bad bounce. The Canucks as a whole have not had a great road game in this series, and if they can put one together in Boston the series is over.

The critics on both sides are blowing smoke out of their backsides.  There were people in Boston that were actually criticizing Thomas (despite all he has done for them) for his aggressive play after he let in that over time goal in Game 2.  Now they love him coming out and throwing a body check on Daniel instead of playing the puck.  If that puck had slid between his legs instead of going wide, they would be raking him over the coals today for being over aggressive.  These are not fans, at best they are "fair weather" fans who want to share in the euphoria of the team successes but not the stress of their tribulations.  Die hard fans have no patience for such nonsense and quite frankly find the bandwagon has no more room for you.  Find yourself a team that never loses.  You will never be happy with the team (or their goaltenders).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:42:28 AM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2011, 12:08:02 PM »

even though Thomas has made some great saves, he's also made some look harder than they were...just like hasek, he flops around like a fish.

what i can't understand is when luongo does well people give most of the credit to the D... looking at the stats i noticed a lot of block shots by boston and by watching the games, i see their D standing side by side with Thomas to help cover the net.

i never overlooked that, if the crapnucks can stay away from the bruins and use their speed they will win, if the bruins can keep the play along the boards and grind it out then boston will win, ive said this all along....holmes*

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2011, 09:38:14 PM »

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »

You know, Thomas gave up 5 goals, 3  times against Tampa Bay in the playoffs?

He's due for an implosion.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:52:44 PM by Damien »

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #357 on: June 12, 2011, 09:30:04 AM »

re: Thelma and Louise Comments;

Larry Brooks, from the New York Post:

Listen, we've all heard this sad song before from Mike Milbury, the ugly American who apparently thinks it is insightful hockey commentary to mock the manhood and masculinity of Henrik and Daniel Sedin.

Of course, Milbury was once coached by Don Cherry, the jingoistic Canadian who has spent decades polluting the air by defaming athletes whose first language is something other than English.

So the question is, what on earth is wrong with the North American television network executives who make the decisions to hire these people to spew their ignorance?

Henrik and Daniel, the twins from Sweden now one victory away from owning one more Stanley Cup ring apiece than Milbury and Cherry were able to earn in a combined 28 seasons of NHL employment, have led the league in scoring in each of the last two seasons; Henrik in 2009-10, Daniel this year. Henrik won the Hart Trophy last year; Daniel is a finalist this year.

But they are more than exceptional athletes. They are gentlemen and ambassadors for the sport.

So because they are having a difficult series against the Bruins, Henrik blanked thus far and Daniel limited to two points, a goal and an assist in Game 2, Milbury must demean them.

They aren't North American, after all, so they must be belittled. They don't bite, they don't stick their fingers in other people's mouths, they don't seek to decapitate their opponents and they don't mouth off in the press.

So they are not men.

A year ago at the Olympics, there was Milbury -- the guy who traded Roberto Luongo, a young Olli Jokinen and the chance to draft either Dany Heatley or Marian Gaborik for Rick DiPietro, Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha a year before trading Zdeno Chara and the right to draft Jason Spezza for Alexei Yashin -- calling the Russian team "Eurotrash" following a gruesome performance against Canada.

So having a rough go of it against the Bruins, The Sedins are "Thelma and Louise," according to Milbury. They are women.

If that is the case, we have a pretty good idea who personifies the white trash truck driver whose rig gets blown up.

Boston must be so proud.

So must NBC and the NHL.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...L#ixzz1P4vn0aLb

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2011, 09:39:12 AM »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2011, 12:34:57 PM »

Milbury is the worst GM in the NHL of all times. The guy is an idiot. Period.