Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 133864 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »

Ageed, I've been saying that ALL YEAR.  AV has him in doghouse for a long time.

Rome, Alberts......really?

I'm a big fan of Ballard.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2011, 07:10:43 PM »

To the Sedins and Kesler's credit they had a few quality chances to score in the last game, but it cannot go on much longer with those 3 staying off the score sheet (although Danny did have 5 in the first round...surprisingly)

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »

what a great game, Rinne is absolutely AMAZING, he makes lulongo look like a kid in novice, off to music city for the preds to win 2.....holmes*

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2011, 07:38:01 AM »

what a great game, Rinne is absolutely AMAZING, he makes lulongo look like a kid in novice, off to music city for the preds to win 2.....holmes*

You should have traded your Black hawk logo for a Predator logo rather than the tacky avatar you've chosen....   ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »

Shouldnt you be on the golf course or something? You obviously didnt watch the game. Luongo was the only reason the Canucks were even in this game as the Preds totally dominated the play for the first 3 periods.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2011, 02:38:01 PM »

Shouldnt you be on the golf course or something? You obviously didnt watch the game. Luongo was the only reason the Canucks were even in this game as the Preds totally dominated the play for the first 3 periods.

Obviously you didn't watch the game Brian lol , all of Nashville shots were from the perimeter with no screens, I can't remember Lou making one big save !! Rinne stood on his head as Canucks had at least three times the scoring chances as the preds, all Lou did was let in a god awful tying goal with less than 2 minutes in the game on a play that he wasnt even playing attention too, it wasnt even a shot on goal !! the only thing Lou did last night was give the preds a game they didn't deserve and give them life they shouldn't have going home !
All I can say is god help us if luongo is gonna keep losing focus and costing the team games !!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »

Obviously you didn't watch the game Brian lol , all of Nashville shots were from the perimeter with no screens, I can't remember Lou making one big save !! Rinne stood on his head as Canucks had at least three times the scoring chances as the preds, all Lou did was let in a god awful tying goal with less than 2 minutes in the game on a play that he wasnt even playing attention too, it wasnt even a shot on goal !! the only thing Lou did last night was give the preds a game they didn't deserve and give them life they shouldn't have going home !
All I can say is god help us if luongo is gonna keep losing focus and costing the team games !!

Oh come on, stop blaming Lou. I love how armchair goaltenders criticize a great goaltender, just because the other guy happens to playing better.  As if you could have made a fraction of the saves Lou DID make.  It was an unfortunate goal, but to say he was not paying attention is ridiculous.  The guy has to watch the players fighting for the puck behind the net while at the same time being mindful of whoever might be sneaking up to the front of the net to knock in a one timer when the puck comes out. The guy throws the puck at him and it banks in off the back of his stick.

The truth is the Canucks just let the Preds stay in this one.  They were out hustled for the first three periods and waited until the overtime to really pressure Nashville.  Rinne is standing on his head, just as Crawford did, and the Canucks will have to get more traffic in front of him if they want to get pucks by him.  On both those last minute goals, the Canucks gave up the blue line line like it was a gift basket.  True, Lou did not have to make as many big saves as Rinne, that is for certain, but he still had to make a lot more than he should have.  If the Canucks stick to the game plan they will prevail, Rinne cannot stop them all.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:58:37 PM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »

Would be nice if the Sedins or Kesler could get a goal here or there so we can stop microanalyzing Lou.

Wulff Man

« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »

3 goals every 7 1/2 periods is a number i can live with - doesnt matter whose at the other end. Rinne is stellar but cannot defy the odds forever. the Nucks are too much for Nashville offensively.As for the twins, we can probably win without them producing per usual but not the next round - especially the way they are playing in theirown end.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:06 PM »

Would be nice if the Sedins or Kesler could get a goal here or there so we can stop microanalyzing Lou.

Yes, I agree.  However, we have to remember that Lou was great during the Naslund/Bertuzzi era and we realized then that, while great goal tending is a must in the playoffs, you cannot rely solely on great goal tending to win a cup.   Your goalie can get shut out after shut out (Lou has 2 so far in these playoffs), but if you do not put the puck in the back of the net, you are not going to win ANY games.  This is what makes this team so promising (more promising than previous versions); not only do they have a solid defensive system, which (when properly executed) can keep the opposing team on their heels and away from the front of Luogo, they have the ability to score on all four lines, and their second line is so good, the opposing team has to switch the match ups mid game.  It just would have been better had the Sedins managed to capitalize in the later stages when they found themselves without that match up and began generating chances. of their own.
Not all those who wander are lost

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:23 AM »

maybe the sisters are saving it fort he prom ;) ...but the sedins are deffinately playing in their defensive zone a lot....holmes*

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »

Not too worried about the scoring.  The Canucks are in the 2nd round, and doing okay.  After a long (longer than it should have been) and hard fought series.  The Canucks would be up 2-0 if not for a lucky, late goal.  Then there would be no squaking.  Its not the Nucks don't know how to win low scoring games, they are the Jennings team, afterall.

The Sharks and Wings first two games ended 2-1 as well.  Where are Thornton, Heatley, Marleau, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen?  Not lighting it up, thats for sure.

The playoffs are all about adjustments, matchups and shut downs. 

I'm confident the Canucks scorers will break through a little.

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2011, 11:24:19 PM »

oh yes i OBVIOUSLY didnt watch the game?, why cause i have a different perception and my view differs from yours,lmao, were u in my living room with me watching it or watching me from outside the window?, i watched the game, i dont have to justify or qualify any of my statements to anyone, let alone you there ace....holmes*

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:43 AM »

Word on the street says the lines will look like this tonight;

Burr - Hank - Danny
Higgins - Kes - MayRay
Torres - Lapiere - Hansen
Samuelsson - Hodgson - Glass

Juice - Hammer
Eddie - Ehrhoff
Ballard- Rome

Alberts and Oreo scratched

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »

i heard that oreo and ballard were out and alberts and hodgson were in and china doll salo will be a gametime decision, guess we'll see, dont matter anyway, i say 3-1 PREDS....holmes*