Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 132616 times)

Sandman

• Old Timer
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »

if you still believe that after watching game 6, then you need glasses...two refs and two linesmen and they miss calls...or a ref calling a penalty from neutral ice when there's a ref right at net side? c'mon yourself.

Credit the Hawks for a monumental comeback, but let's take a look at the hit on Bieksa behind the net.  An IDENTICAL hit to the Torres on Seabrook hit, but there is no "interference" call this time.  It is lame my friend officiating like this that spoils playoff hockey.  I expect more of the same on Tuesday.  There is no hope of getting a well called game any more.
Not all those who wander are lost

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »

Once again, twice the amount of PPs for the Hawks.

High stick into the face of Sedin, the puck carrier, no call
Clear slew foot on Sedin, no call.
Deliberate elbow, headshot, no call.

Terrible.

PS, its not just the cry baby fans, myself included, that talk about "nudging" the outcomes of games here and there.  EX NHLERS THAT ARE NOW ANALYSTS TV AND RADIO say this is a FACT IN THE NHL.  Its an unspoken, but well known uphill battle.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »

Hey, the hooks, holds slashes here and there are one thing.

But the over top, BLANTANT and egregious acts go without call.

If Bieksa stayed down, would there have been a call?

Playing with 5 D since the 1st period, on the road and in a clinching game is TOUGH, and the Canucks still dominated the last 45 minutes of the game. Hit the post, didn't get a bounce, and didn't get a call. It was going to be tight the whole way, but any single one of those things are enough to tip it over the edge in favour of the other team.

Game 7 should be a doozy. Lots of fun, edge of the seat game the whole way.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2011, 08:47:20 PM »

I thought I saw a couple of zebras out there with red arm bands wearing dark sunglasses and carrying white canes on the ice. :D

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2011, 01:31:06 AM »

OH PALEEEEEEEEEEZZZZ, give it up with the refs already, i knew u guys would pull out the ref card, friggin typical crapnuck fans, they missed just as many calls against the crapnucks, get yer heads outta the sand  ;D , what a great game, do u guys remember me saying its going 7?, LMFAO...bring on tuesday.....holmes*
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:33:03 AM by holmes »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2011, 04:59:48 AM »

OH PALEEEEEEEEEEZZZZ, give it up with the refs already, i knew u guys would pull out the ref card, friggin typical crapnuck fans, they missed just as many calls against the crapnucks, get yer heads outta the sand  ;D , what a great game, do u guys remember me saying its going 7?, LMFAO...bring on tuesday.....holmes*

funny how that works eh? Torres hits Seabrook .... Guennavere and Company cries Bloody Murder, goes to the media and demands a suspension....yet, Bickel's hit on Bieksa (which was way worse) went "unnoticed"  ::)

of course you would defend the refs because they play for Shitcago... please enlighten us with your analogy of the difference that justified a penalty on one (followed by a hearing from Colin Campbell) and the other being a non issue?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:04:52 AM by blaydRnr »

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2011, 05:23:53 AM »

how about the elbow to the head on Bolland by hamhuis and a non call the other day?, this is playoff hockey and its physical, i NEVER said that torres should have got a penalty for his hit on seabrook,let alone a suspension, i think they were both good hits as far as im concerned, dont even try and tell me that the bickell hit was worse than the torres hit, bieksa saw bickell comin in, if you look at the video you see him look rite over at him, and it was body to body first anyway,  and i rarely disagree with or complain about the reffing, only once this season did i complain about the reffing, first thing you guys do when you lose is somehow put it on the refs, how about maning up and just say ya lost for once and take some responsibility, what do you want them to call every little thing?, may as well put robots out there, dont forget that the officiating crews get evaluated on their performance by higher up officials, and those higher ups will have a word or ten with the officiating crew, and if an official or a crew is not doing their job properly then they wont be officiating as many,if any, more playoff games, now will they, so you can go on and on about your officiating Bullshyte all ya want, FACT is its part of the human element to the game, if ya dont like it then go play video games or better yet book a tee time and quit watching hockey, no one was complaining about the hit on seabrook, or the elbow to the head of bolland, but now that the tables have turned yer gonna cry foul, pretty effin typical, get a clue......holmes*

btw, how did ya like the payback by Bolland on hamhuis with that HUGE HIT, then we score a second later, nice one eh, LMFAO
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:40:53 AM by holmes »

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »

Woulda, shoulda couldas in the game happen.  Adversity is there.  Hoping the Canucks can overcome it.  If the Canucks brought the effort of game 6 in game 4 or 5, the series should be over.

They put themselves in a position to have bad breaks, a missed call here or there, or a goalie giveaway hurt them.  Or  Chris Who-ginns hitting the post.

Time to look to game 7.

I really wish the Canucks could have generated some better chances on Crawford, more traffic.  More net presence.  I don't think Crawford is that great, making him look good.

Game 7 is going to be an edge of the seat'r the whole way.  Can't wait.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »

bieksa saw bickell comin in, if you look at the video you see him look rite over at him

of course bieksa saw him that's why he lowered his head so he could get a concussion just like seabrook.   ::)

i didn't say bickell should have gotten a penalty because it was a cheap shot...i'm saying he should have gotten a penalty because that's how the refs had been calling them earlier in the series....consistency/fairness.

you say the refs missed just as many calls on vancouver, yet the stats would beg the differ.

Bolland's hit on hamuis was  good ol' style hockey. i don't know of any canuck fan that would whine about that...but the blatant slash that broke sedin's stick was obvious...the high stick to the face... the puck over the glass...toews' trip on raymond right after a face off... the too many men on the ice non call... all obvious, but all missed? ???

even a buddy of mine who's a Shitcago fan was laughing because of all the non calls that could have easily allowed vancouver to end the game, especially since they dominated the last 45 mins of play.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »

This series has had two 5-3 situations for the Blackhawks, both of which involved an "iffy" call. Canucks easily could have had a two man advantage in the middle of the first period when Kesler was crosschecked from behind while standing to the side of the net completely away from the puck. This is the call that the ref at centre ice has to make. The ref in the zone watches the puck and the ref at centre watches everything else.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2011, 03:39:38 PM »

Lots of storylines for game 7.

Apparently Lou is going to start.

Gillis just snapped at the officiating via press conference. PPs 27-14 overall.  How does this happen? Blatant elbow head shot, not called.

Kesler and Burrows back together and looked good.

Bickell out for the series, wrist injury.

Hope the Canucks don't have to play 56 minutes with only 5 dmen.  Salo had 2 minutes of ice time.  Hard to clinch down a man.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »

This series has had two 5-3 situations for the Blackhawks, both of which involved an "iffy" call. Canucks easily could have had a two man advantage in the middle of the first period when Kesler was crosschecked from behind while standing to the side of the net completely away from the puck. This is the call that the ref at centre ice has to make. The ref in the zone watches the puck and the ref at centre watches everything else.

totally forgot about that one...so many non calls, hard to recall all of them. :-\

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »

YA there were lots of non calls on BOTH SIDES, how about the non call for the slash on toews in OT, i could go on and on about the non calls that favoured the crapnucks but why, how long have you guys been watching hockey, THIS IS PLAYOFF HOCKEY, ITS PLAYED MORE ON THE EDGE, its always been that way, they have way weaker calls during the regular season, and tend to let them get away with more in the playoffs, they let them play more, its not only the format that changes, the style, the penalty calling and the intensity changes as well, there are tons of varibles that change compared to the regular season, thats the way its always been so u can quit yer biatchin and shut it about the reffing....holmes*

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »

YA there were lots of non calls on BOTH SIDES, how about the non call for the slash on toews in OT, i could go on and on about the non calls that favoured the crapnucks but why, how long have you guys been watching hockey, THIS IS PLAYOFF HOCKEY, ITS PLAYED MORE ON THE EDGE, its always been that way, they have way weaker calls during the regular season, and tend to let them get away with more in the playoffs, they let them play more, its not only the format that changes, the style, the penalty calling and the intensity changes as well, there are tons of varibles that change compared to the regular season, thats the way its always been so u can quit yer biatchin and shut it about the reffing....holmes*

Okay holmes, I don't' blame you for defending the reffing, as you have gotten your Game 7 because of it.  However, if you are so convinced that the refs have been "fair" how do explain the one-sided power play opportunities?  In the last 4 games of this series, the Blackhawks have received 69% more powerplays, and when the games are close (1-2 goals) the Blackhawks have received 100% of the powerplays.  We are not talking about a missed call here or there.  Nor are we talking about one team being more disciplined than the other. We are also not saying the refs need to call "everything."  But when ONE team get ALL the calls when the game is close, there is something seriously amiss. You do not need to call everything when simply calling a single blatant penalty would help even the power plays in a game.  However, the refs have chosen to NOT call a penalty against the Hawks on an almost identical play that they called a penalty against the Canucks earlier in the series.  This one call could have given the Canucks a power play opportunity and a chance to end the game...but no call. So, no... there have NOT been as many non calls against the hawks, or the power plays would be even in the series. Let us not forget that there is a LONG history of one sided officiating in the Chicago/Vancouver play off history.  Towel Power was born of such nonsense.  Sadly, it is not going to change by Tuesday, despite Gillis' complaints.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:57:39 PM by Sandman »

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »

dont even try and tell me that the bickell hit was worse than the torres hit, bieksa saw bickell comin in, if you look at the video you see him look rite over at him, and it was body to body first anyway,

What video were you watching?  Bieksa glances up the boards where he is going to play the puck, no way he sees Bickell coming, even out of the corner of his eye. The only way the Bickell hit was worse was the way he was taking full strides right up to the final glide of 6 feet into the hit (the video footage does not show more than 2 strides but it looks like there was probably more, so this could have been a charging penalty), whereas Torres was taking smaller strides before he takes one big stride then glides 15 feet into the Seabrook hit, so it wasn't even charging.   Other than that the hit IS identical to the Torres hit with the exception that Bieksa touches the puck (he passes it before he is hit) and it can be said that the puck was MORE in play on the Seabrook hit as it was still in his feet.  NO WAY is the Torres' hit interference and Bickell's hit is not.  It is a double standard plain and simple.  Calling a penalty against the Hawks then could have ended the defending champs' season and we simply cannot have that. 

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:35:45 PM by Sandman »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28