Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: West Vancouver, August 8th 2009  (Read 4620 times)

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: West Vancouver, August 8th 2009
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »

Agreed.  Hook is a good guy and he can almost cast as well as I can without hitting the guy next to him... ;D ;D ;D.  Not only has he got a pug to boot, but the young fella has a little baby boy at home too.  Back to the local beach scene.  Nice photo Lucky - those pinks are chrome bars!  Hopefully the Fraser system will fill up with them soon!

you almost had me believing you until you said he had a pug.... :D
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 08:34:37 PM »

What are you allowed to use when fishing for pinks along West Van/Cap with your buzz bomb? Single or treble? Barbless? Thank you.

Say if you used single barbless hooks anywhere you fished in BC, you'd never be wrong.
It's easy.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 10:42:47 PM »

hey wait a second FFM i WAS the guy you were almost hitting with your cast   :o and was i not casting out the entire line on your friends rod ?? well i had a couple turns of line left until backing on a Rio Versa tip line (overall line length 100feet) Im not trying to brag but now you own the same rod and understand its a cannon  ;D but super light in hand. KP - whats wrong with owning a Pug ?? its still a mans dog especially with the attitude mine has  ;)

I kinda wish i wasnt taking off this weekend because i would really like to catch me some more pinks but the trout are calling me away  ;D ;D

and about the fish in the bucket....Did i not ask if some were alive ?? I dont remember stating they were for sure. I have seen alive course fish in buckets laying upside down so i thought the ones with their gills partly open were breathing. Im only human and am allowed to be wrong from time to time  ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:44:55 PM by HOOK »
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 08:47:34 AM »

Yes I can attest to the fact that you were ducking whenever FFM casted.  Glad you liked my Sage, too bad I couldn't cast as well as you guys could with it.  I think I need some professional help with my flycasting.  Kind of a neat fishery though.  The only drawback is rinsing off all your gear and clothing throughly afterwards to get the saltwater off.  FFM's front lawn looked like a Fly Shop when we got home.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 12:27:04 PM »

LOL - it was the wind!  OK - I was a bit fatigued as well from casting that heavy rod two days in a row.  We were probably a bit close also - but all is well.  Yeah - rinsing off everything is important!   ;)

fishyfish

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

Say if you used single barbless hooks anywhere you fished in BC, you'd never be wrong.
It's easy.

That is true you would never get into any kind of trouble with the law. If you get to fish as seldom as I do and catch as few fish as I do you need to make sure you are using the most effective means within the law. Looking for the most effective, law abiding way not the easy way!

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 05:16:24 PM »

It's easy.

That is true you would never get into any kind of trouble with the law. If you get to fish as seldom as I do and catch as few fish as I do you need to make sure you are using the most effective means within the law. Looking for the most effective, law abiding way not the easy way!

if you cant continuously land fish on a single barbless hook you just need more practice..... so what if you lose 1 or 2... is it really even fun if your playing a fish with a treble or barbed hook? doesnt even give the fish a chance.....
420-|WiSh'[N] I WaS FiSH'[N]|-247