Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: West Vancouver, August 8th 2009  (Read 4622 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: West Vancouver, August 8th 2009
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »

possible to take a Pontoon out there? And by "there" i mean wherever you were fishing, because I have no idea. LOL

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 10:41:58 PM »

:o that pinks got a big tail, way bigger than the pinks we have up here. catch like 20 pinks in an hour here but thats a nice pink. it's traveled a great distance to die in your hands. Excellent!  :D
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

fishyfish

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 11:02:28 PM »

What are you allowed to use when fishing for pinks along West Van/Cap with your buzz bomb? Single or treble? Barbless? Thank you.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 11:08:15 PM »

What are you allowed to use when fishing for pinks along West Van/Cap with your buzz bomb? Single or treble? Barbless? Thank you.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s28-eng.htm#Salmon

fishyfish

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 11:19:16 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like single barbless. Catch limit of (4) as I believe we would be in subarea 28-7.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 11:44:42 PM »

apparently you guys didnt notice i was joking, and here i thought that smileys were supposed to help with such things as sarcasm and such. Oh and i dont really post reports anymore after i had to many whine about it as though im bragging about catching fish all the time  ::) ::) ::) So now i guess im part lurker/part info giver/part info stealer  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

one more cast

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 12:12:05 AM »

Hey HOOK...makes sense to me :D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 12:41:42 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like single barbless. Catch limit of (4) as I believe we would be in subarea 28-7.

Yes, 4 pink salmon per day in 28-7. Daily quota depends on species and sub areas of area 28, for those who are interested in fishing this area, read through that entire page first.

Treble barbless is allowed for salmon fishing, but there are area exceptions where only single barbless is allowed. See that page.

fishyfish

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2009, 01:48:43 AM »

* It is prohibited to use more than two single-pointed hooks in tandem (as when fishing with bait) in the waters of Burrard Inlet near the mouth of the Capilano River from the 14 St. Pier to Prospect Light on the seawall of Stanley Park to the north tower of the Lions Gate Bridge. Each hook must have a single point that measures no greater than 15 mm between the point and shank of the hook.

Is this basically East of the boat launch?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 02:02:30 AM »

That regulation is for finfish other than salmon.

ja

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 08:40:58 AM »

I'm starting to feel that those regulations were written by lawyers.  Sheesh it's difficult to get a clear understanding of what's allowed and not in certain areas. From my reading, the limit is two hatchery Coho and four Pinks at Cates Park and treble barbless hooks are allowed.

Is that what others read for the Cates park area too? 

Thanks all... :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »

apparently you guys didnt notice i was joking, and here i thought that smileys were supposed to help with such things as sarcasm and such. Oh and i dont really post reports anymore after i had to many whine about it as though im bragging about catching fish all the time  ::) ::) ::) So now i guess im part lurker/part info giver/part info stealer  ;)

Really? So you were joking when you tried to insinuate that Rodney had live fish in a bucket when they were clearly dead? From reading what you post lately it seems you are just trying to pick on certain people. When you use the rolleyes it does not come across as joking it comes across as being a smartass.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

fishyfish

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »

I'm starting to feel that those regulations were written by lawyers.  Sheesh it's difficult to get a clear understanding of what's allowed and not in certain areas. From my reading, the limit is two hatchery Coho and four Pinks at Cates Park and treble barbless hooks are allowed.

Thank you Ja. My thoughts exactly. I am going to use single barbless everywhere when using buzz bombs etc. I sure wish those regs. were written in such a way that from a northern most point to a southern most point to an easternmost point when fishing for finfish other than salmon which isn't allowed unless it is not rockcod or lingcod it would be more clear when you could or could not use barb or barbless single or treble barbless or barbed hooks. I will try to fish in 49ー20.700誰 to 49ー20.750誰 to 49ー20.350誰 to 49ー20.100誰 but it may be difficult since I don't own a gps.  :'( ;) ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »

Thank you Ja. My thoughts exactly. I am going to use single barbless everywhere when using buzz bombs etc. I sure wish those regs. were written in such a way that from a northern most point to a southern most point to an easternmost point when fishing for finfish other than salmon which isn't allowed unless it is not rockcod or lingcod it would be more clear when you could or could not use barb or barbless single or treble barbless or barbed hooks. I will try to fish in 49ー20.700誰 to 49ー20.750誰 to 49ー20.350誰 to 49ー20.100誰 but it may be difficult since I don't own a gps.  :'( ;) ;)

Fishing regulations are indeed quite complicated to read in this province, but there have been vast improvement on ways to simply these for recreational fishermen in recent years. From a more positive perspective, they are complicated because we still have so much and diversed resource to manage. In other countries, only a few general rules are needed simply because there are very few fish to manage in the first place. The local Sportfishing Advisory Committees (in this case, the Lower Fraser group group and Squamish/Whistler group) meet with DFO twice per year as well as conference calls when needed during the fishing season. These groups represent anglers and express concerns such as this to DFO so improvements can be made. How to deliver fishery notices and regulations to anglers is a big challenge for DFO and there are constant discussions on how they can do it better. Simplifying the language is needed, less variations in gear restriction are needed. Sometimes discrepancy in gear regulations is a result of differences between angling groups. Some group do not wish to see the elimination of one type of gear so at times compromises result when regulations are established.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 07:45:28 AM »

Agreed.  Hook is a good guy and he can almost cast as well as I can without hitting the guy next to him... ;D ;D ;D.  Not only has he got a pug to boot, but the young fella has a little baby boy at home too.  Back to the local beach scene.  Nice photo Lucky - those pinks are chrome bars!  Hopefully the Fraser system will fill up with them soon!