Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stolen property ,what would you do.  (Read 8260 times)

searun17

• Old Timer
stolen property ,what would you do.
« on: May 23, 2009, 09:23:54 PM »

two weeks ago i moved into a knew house and next door to us lives a single mom and her sixteen year old son,recently i have been warned by the neighbors that the boy is a thief and is nothing but trouble and i better keep my stuff locked up, and low and behold i go into my shed today to grab my mountain bike and go for a ride and bingo it is gone, now i cant say that the boy is responsible for the theft but under the circumstances where they have direct access to my back yard until my knew fence was built id have to say it looks a little suspicious to me,the bike was a reasonably expensive model as well ,i am really p*****,what would you do ,confront the boy? or let it go and be more carefull,it just drives me nuts when my personal property is violated,man would i just once love to catch these thieves in the act.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
Re: stolen property ,what would you do.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:05:08 PM »

Probably better off letting it go as you have not witnessed the act..

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 01:24:37 AM »

I saw DMW riding a nice bike around today.... Might want to look into it.   ;)
I know how you feel, I had 2 norco mountain bikes stolen from me, each bought for 600 bucks...sucks eh
Even if you catch them in the act, what can you do? Put a hand on them and now your in trouble...
The Bigger The Better!

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 04:35:41 AM »

Even if you catch them in the act, what can you do? Put a hand on them and now your in trouble...

If you have caught them in the act you can contact your local police to deal with the situation rather pointing your fingers at a person for a mere suspicion.

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 07:11:27 AM »

your only in trouble if someone see's you touch the thief, I have video surveillance of my yard, recorded on the computer.

I think you can get camera's pretty cheap now, just stay away from the wireless models.

so now you have video evidence ........you can deal with it yourself, just wait till the right time.

Davis

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 08:17:36 AM »

I would not under any circumstances take matters into my own hands,thats what the police are for.Too many of these punks carry knives and would not think twice to shank you,most are drug addicted crackers, desperate for another hit off the pipe.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 09:51:21 AM »

I would go and beat on their front door then their back door, hassle, hassle/hassle/hassle the punk-tell his Mother you know what he's up to and call him every name in the book.

Every time he's in the yard, every time he leaves the house, every time he comes home-hassle/hassle/hassle.

The Police won't do anything and people here suggest you do nothing-are we to be victims of every punk who wants to rip us off?

The camera is a good idea but will the Police even bother to look @ video evidence-will the prosecutor bother with charges even if you catch him?

Does his Mother own or is she a renter?

If she's renting complain long and hard to their landlord and keep doing it.

I can think of an even dirtier way to get even-email me for details-nothing against the law but low down and bound to hit the punk where he lives.

dspot

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »

Set up a video camera and leave some bait out.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 12:38:26 PM »

Set up a video camera and leave some bait out.

I am likin this idea ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »

I saw DMW riding a nice bike around today.... Might want to look into it.   ;)
I know how you feel, I had 2 norco mountain bikes stolen from me, each bought for 600 bucks...sucks eh
You saw nothing!!!   :o ;)

Yeah that Sucks with a capital S Ed..... not sure what I would do.... just keep an eye out and see if it turns up around your place at all.  Did you get the serial number off the bottom of the bike?  That would come in handy in you need to have a little confrontation....or need to get the police involved.  Mika had her new bike stolen last year.... but we got lucky and the police knew who it could be so the went there and found some reason to be able to get into this crackheads place and got the bike back.... it was fubar'd but they got it back. 

Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 05:10:52 PM »

Hey searun, if you are looking to replace your bike I have a brodie full susspension I don't ride enuff to justify keeping.  Drop me an emailif you want more details.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »

Difficult to accuse the boy without sufficient evidence. Keep a sharp eye on your possessions. If he stole your bike, chances are he will do it again.

Davis

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »

Sam Salmon,that is a very poor response.There is no proof that the punk stole the bike in the first place,now you wan't to harrass them into what...confessing? Give me a break. The idea of the camera and bait to catch the dude redhanded,yes! instead of a baitcar, lets call it a bait bike,same tactics the R.C.M.P uses to catch the crackers stealing cars. Catch the dude in action and apprehend him untill the police arrives.Done deal!

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 08:23:10 PM »

Sam Salmon,that is a very poor response.There is no proof that the punk stole the bike in the first place,now you wan't to harrass them into what...confessing?

Never give a known thief an even break-NEVER he's not treating the people he steals from fairly and deserves nothing but the worst sort of treatment.

Note the kid is known for his criminality in the community.

What I'd do-and this is all 100% legal-is to do a search on his name and find out where he hangs out on-line-kids today are stupid about giving out too much info online and gather as much info on him/the people he calls friends as possible.

Then I'd setup a Facebook page in the kid's name and load it with all sorts of incriminating info-doesn't have to be true but isn't against the law.

Be sure all kinds of people find out about the Facebook page, it'll embarrass the zhit out of the punk and of course that's the idea-to stab him in the back just like he's stabbed so many people just like he stabs someone every time he steals from them.

The world is not a fair place as victims of crime soon find out-they are victimised by  criminals then victimised again by being told they were in the wrong/are too bloodthirsty and must 'Play Fair'.

I say fight back dirty and pay the scum back in the only coin they understand-not by breaking the law but by being creative. ;D

patagonia

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »

wow.... Sam Salmon.... what a misguided response... you seem to have a few issues... bottom line this so called suspect is just that, nothing to say he was even involved. if we all went around with enormous vandettas with just mere suspicion a lot of innocent people would be victimized just as the theft victim was... you need to get your ducks in a row before you start trashing someone, in person or on the internet.... take a deep breath buddy...