Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stolen property ,what would you do.  (Read 8257 times)

searun17

• Old Timer
Re: stolen property ,what would you do.
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »

some interesting feedback people,while i was away for the week fishing the interior some of my bitterness has gone,now i do have a few leads as to where the bike went so hopefully one of them turns out,and on the same note my luck didnt get any better while chaseing interior bows ,while i was unloading my pontoon and taking my rods and gear back to camp i get back to find out some body swiped my fins ,i had just bought the bloody things,and i couldnt have been gone for more than 5 or 10 mins,but anyway the fishing was good enough to pacify my temper,if i can i will post some pics.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

penn

Re: stolen property ,what would you do.
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »

Are people being serious with the suggestion to call the police on a minor?? ::) Now what would that accomplish besides the victim being warned against any kind of retaliation ? The only purpose the legal system would serve here is to prevent retaliation , and once he's called the cops there is now documented evidence that he has motive for retaliation . The law is NOT there for the purpose of justice , there is no such thing in our society . Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply naive .
Don't know what advice to suggest myself , but you are on your own dealing with this guy , the law is not your friend in this . All the prolific offenders we got in this country prove this point beyond a doubt . That guy could rob you 100 times and nothing would ever be done about it by the law. The Legal system( we don't have a Justice system) does not care about you one iota .
 Having said all this , if you don't actually know he did steal your bike , how can you retaliate or do something about it? Just because he's a known thief doesn't prove he actually stole your bike. Someone else could have done the deed too . You could probably benefit from some surveillance as already suggested.