Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canada's REAL team wins again  (Read 41314 times)

dereke

• Old Timer
Re: Canada's REAL team wins again
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2009, 01:15:33 AM »

The Canucks will be fine. Chris the leafs suck..... ;D
always a student

salmon river

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2009, 03:06:13 AM »

Hopefully the Canucks can pull off two in a row. They are pretty even teams Chicago only had 4 more points than them. The Canucks were lucky not to lose the first game when they blew a 3-0 lead.

What is 'wrong' with them?  Did they take Chicago to easy? Stupid penalties is part of it  as is their failure to hold onto a lead but they do not look like the same team that beat St. Louis so easily...

Is 'next year' ever going to come with these guys? lol

They seem to have the talent to go all the way but the gears seem 'clogged'.... man oh man I hope they can pull off two in a row..

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2009, 08:31:13 AM »

Just curious how's your team doing Chris ? ;D
By the reports I am getting the golfing is fine. ;D  I guess the Canucks are now booking their tee off times too. ;D ;D

Robert_G

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2009, 03:52:13 PM »

I'm not sure the Canucks are going to win tonight. They haven't figured out the Hawks yet.
You were right tonight. Is their season over come Monday?

No.
They will win Monday to get everyone's hopes up just like they always do and then they will lose Thursday.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2009, 05:27:52 PM »

nucks will win both games

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2009, 08:43:59 PM »

always a student

dspot

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »

Brutal way to lose tonight..

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2009, 07:20:24 AM »

awful quiet in here this morn... ;D ;D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

salmon river

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2009, 07:21:25 AM »

1982 and 1994 seem like long memories now. Funny the only two times the Canucks ever got out of the second round, they made it to the finals both times.

The Canucks hype themselves up in the Fall and come spring it almost always ends in disappointment...and next year never seems to come with these guys.

They sure did not look like the same team that swept St. Louis...They could not hold a lead in this series...so much talent , another descent season to only end yet again in disappointment..39 years in the league and still no cup....will they ever win one????

With regards to Sundin, did the Canucks not learn anything from the Messier debacle??

But on the other hand Chicago was the better team, they had more regular season points than the Canucks, the Canucks got the benefit of home ice which they did not 'deserve' since Chicago had more points and still...

I dunno it is just so frustrating year after disappointing year with these guys, it has almost been 40 years now and still no cup ...Don't forget the Canucks won the division two years ago and were out in 5 in the first round...03-04 they won to yet again another first round loss..

I am not trying to be negative but I have been following them since they first came into the league and many seasons offered hope of great things and have been in the league almost 40 years and still no cup unlike many teams that have been in the NHL for shorter time periods..Like the Islanders for example that came in two years after the Canucks and within 11 years had 4 cups..Then there is the Oilers, Devils, Penguins, Nordiques/Avalanche etc

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »

It is very difficult to win in this league, especially when you are playing the refs at the same time, going back to game two there were so many missed calls.... for them to miss three interference calls in a row, one which led to a Chicago goal and then turn around and call Kessler for a penalty is disgusting !!!! even if you are not a Canucks fan you have to admit the reffing was very one sided for the entire series.... had it not been for two extremely bad calls * in game two Canucks would have most likely gone on to win that game and we would be watching them in the next round !!!* Luongo was bumped badly on Chicago's first goal to make it 2-1 Canucks .. that goal had to be disallowed but it wasn't !! the same guy that bumps Luongo fakes being tripped by Bieksa , takes out Luongo and draws a penalty which Chicago scores on making it 2-2 !! anybody with decent eyesight knows that both those calls were terrible and completely changed the direction of that game and the entire series !!

For some reason the officials in the NHL have a Hate On for the Canucks and it was never more obvious than this series against the Hawks... even with the bad officiating the Canucks almost pulled it off !! it is sad that we will probably never see this team together as it is again...

Heres thanx to the Canucks for a great season and an exciting playoff's

till next year
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2009, 09:55:51 AM »

Blaming the refereeing is a copout IMO. It was not the reason why the Canucks lost the series.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2009, 10:38:42 AM »

Blaming the refereeing is a copout IMO. It was not the reason why the Canucks lost the series.

Normally I wouldn't use it as an excuse, but in this case it was the ONLY reason that they lost
they were the better team and if it wernt for the refs they would have won this series...

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »

Blaming the refs is so stupid in this case. There was calls missed both ways. The refs didn't make them lose the tenacity that it takes to hold a lead. When you had the lead in FIVE of the six games and you don't come out a winner you have to admit you got beaten by a better team. Our D was exposed, Luongo quite simply didn't bring his A game, and our best offensive players only showed up in spurts. Chicago's best players showed when it was needed SIMPLE! Don't be a poor loser and bow out gracefully we got beat fair and square. Good on Chicago the Canucks could learn a few things from them about how to turn it up when it is needed, it sucks but it's true. The Hawks aren't going to have it so easy in the next round though and I hope Detroit $hit kicks those cocky little buggers!
always a student

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »

Normally I wouldn't use it as an excuse, but in this case it was the ONLY reason that they lost
they were the better team and if it wernt for the refs they would have won this series...

TH

The turning point in this series was game 3 or 4 when they blew a 3-1 lead with less than 3 minutes left in the game. Mitchell was the goat; he had a chance to clear the puck out of his own zone and the Hawks capitalize. Not once but twice.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2009, 12:02:53 AM »

This series was lost when Mitchell failed to clear the puck in game 4 when they were up 1-0 late in the third. If that puck was cleared the goal wouldn't have been scored and the 'Nucks likely would have been up 3-1 in the series and have a strangle hold on the Hawks. Instead, Chicago came back and tied the game, and then tied the series.

Great season, exciting playoffs, and I'm looking forward to next year.