Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canada's REAL team wins again  (Read 41215 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Canada's REAL team wins again
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »

Well that was a good game played by our boys. Bieksa's goal was key on the PP. Than Lou stepped up in the last few minutes making some key saves to preserve the 3-1 win. Thats 12 wins in their last 14 games. Doesnt get much better than that.

How did those crappy Leafs do? Oh ya they lost 4-1 with Gerber stinking it up. I think Toronto is now the goalie graveyard LOL.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Canada's REAL team wins again
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 10:35:36 PM »

The Laughs are just playing out the strings. Fourth season in a row they haven't made the post season.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »

The Laughs are just playing out the strings. Fourth season in a row they haven't made the post season.
Don't write us off yet. ;D ;D It like fishing, afer every cast you are one cast closer to your next fish. In hockey you are one season closer to a playoff spot and then the Cup will follow shortly after.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »

Don't write us off yet. ;D ;D It like fishing, afer every cast you are one cast closer to your next fish. In hockey you are one season closer to a playoff spot and then the Cup will follow shortly after.
They seem to have been in this process for a long time ;D ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:00:21 PM »

Care to put another friendly wager Chris ?  ;D I say the Laughs will get a high draft pick but no playoffs

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 06:17:09 PM »

Care to put another friendly wager Chris ?  ;D I say the Laughs will get a high draft pick but no playoffs
I still owe you a Maple Leaf Drennan from a previous bet this year. :D

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:14:53 PM »

why does everyone hate the leafs?sure they suck now but just wait 2 years. ;D is it just me and Chris that are leaf fans? where is everyone else? i see a lot of jerseys and hats around the city. they must be hiding now ;)

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 11:28:38 PM »

Well Canada's Capital beat the Laughs tonight.
How come Cu-Jo got the start and not Gerber, thought he was the man  ???

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling right along to missing the playoffs and the 1st round pick  ::)
You would think that Ottawa's GM would realize they are not making the playoffs and throw every game, but no keep climbing the standings to no avail.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:59:20 PM »

Well Canada's Capital beat the Laughs tonight.
How come Cu-Jo got the start and not Gerber, thought he was the man  ???

Undoubtedly poor coaching. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 12:01:39 AM »

why does everyone hate the leafs?sure they suck now but just wait 2 years. ;D is it just me and Chris that are leaf fans? where is everyone else? i see a lot of jerseys and hats around the city. they must be hiding now ;)

The way the team s**ked the past few years would you openly admit that you're a Make Belief fan and be subject to ridicule ? ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 07:23:59 AM »

The way the team s**ked the past few years would you openly admit that you're a Make Belief fan and be subject to ridicule ? ;D

as opposed to being the fan of a team that has done squat>?????.... :D :D :D :D ;D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 10:39:51 AM »

I better update the others on another game last night as no one has mentioned  it. ;D

The Canucks lost to the lowly Kings. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 01:26:02 PM »

as opposed to being the fan of a team that has done squat>?????.... :D :D :D :D ;D

mojo

Two appearances in the Stanley Cup finals. What have you guys done lately ? ;D Oh, I forgot, they missed the playoffs for 3 years running and likely going to miss it again this year. ;D Rebuilding since 1967. ;D :D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:28:26 PM by Fish Assassin »

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 01:29:18 PM »

I better update the others on another game last night as no one has mentioned  it. ;D

The Canucks lost to the lowly Kings. ;D ;D

shhhhhh....its not the kinda thing they want broadcast whilst in a run for a spot in the 2nd season... :D :D :D ::)

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »

all I know is that the Canucks OFTEN choke! what happened last year? :P